News & Events Quality of news.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

News running an article about an F2 racing incident and labelling it as F1. Typical. They're notorious for false headlines with anything relating to F1.
No different to all Aussie Rules being “AFL” and all rugby league being “NRL”.

so the usual news.com.au sources...? (aside from X)

The best thing is they'll often say "a user from X said...", they won't even quote the user's name.

They might have stopped doing this because it was too easy to find out what a flimsy "source" it was. One time (I wasn't too busy I'm assuming) I actually looked up a Twitter user that was quoted in an article. It was some nobody with 120 followers who had a really hot take! Amazing journalism!

Okay, not news.com but - and I'm 54 now - I remember looking at my dad's copies of The Age after he'd done with it in the late 70s and being taken with the cartoons by Spooner. Lots of illustrative lines, lots of detail. No, I did not understand them, but it appeared that a lot of work went into them.

Now, Spooner is with The Australian, He must be in his 80s. The lines have gone and the message is incredibly predictably right wing. And boringly so. Yes he is pro-Israel and Anti-renewables. And that's all there is. What a sad way for a former great cartoonist to exit right....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, not news.com but - and I'm 54 now - I remember looking at my dad's copies of The Age after he'd done with it in the late 70s and being taken with the cartoons by Spooner. Lots of illustrative lines, lots of detail. No, I did not understand them, but it appeared that a lot of work went into them.

Now, Spooner is with The Australian, He must be in his 80s. The lines have gone and the message is incredibly predictably right wing. And boringly so. Yes he is pro-Israel and Anti-renewables. And that's all there is. What a sad way for a former great cartoonist to exit right....
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

had to share this one. not the article but the comment section.

where do find the time and energy to duke something out over 2000 comments?

Yeah I can't think of any place I've done this online...

jayz-eek-awkward-reaction-macxjjbr79ppganm.webp

Remove this Banner Ad

News & Events Quality of news.com.au

Remove this Banner Ad

Back