News Quartermain - was that joke on the edge...

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddywhackers

Cancelled
Jul 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I am posting this as I found it mildly amuzing, as I am sure Quaters didn't mean ill of what he said, that being said, I would like the moral brigade to splatter some egg on his face becasue I don't like him.

I may be being padentic in brinigng this up, but I am going to do it anyway.

After the story about the 1990 premiership reunion when it became apparent they were all on the turps, it turned to Quarters who crossed over to the main news guys with, 'Lets just hope they get the bus home'.

Now isn't that a little offensive given Darren Millane wasn't at this reunion for this reason? It could even be interpreted as if he was referring to that, which I am almost certain he wasn't. Did anyone else go low brow when he said that? Like WTF?

He was referring to the "takeover" that Banks, Kelly and Millane did (and apparently one man with the initials EM too) on a city bus after a few drinks around that time.

The comment had nothing to do with Millane's accident.

Heard that attempt at a joke, he just hates the Pies doesn't he! I'm suprised the story got a run, obviously not have been at his behest, as it only scraped in at the end of the sport segment.

Does anybody actually like Quarterbrain? His constant Hawthorn drivel on One Week At A Time is almost making it unwatchable, not to mention the flog named Walls.

Pretty shocking call. I doubt he meant it in reference to Millane, but i think any professional would have the presence of mind to not even tempt fate going near that subject when making a joke about the 1990 team. I thought of Millane instantly when he said it and was taken aback. I'm sure others were too. It's just slack presenting. If he wasn't so eager to have a crack at the pies it never would have happened anyway.

He was referring to the "takeover" that Banks, Kelly and Millane did (and apparently one man with the initials EM too) on a city bus after a few drinks around that time.

yep, definitely referring to this joy ride and not the Millane accident

Ed and Quarters are good mates so he has probably heard all about it

I saw nothing wrong with it, and definitely took it as referring to the original bus incident.

I really doubt he was having a joke at Pants sad demise.

If for some reason it turns out he was, Chopper should pay him a visit and feed him his own ears.:thumbsdown:

Pretty shocking call. I doubt he meant it in reference to Millane, but i think any professional would have the presence of mind to not even tempt fate going near that subject when making a joke about the 1990 team. I thought of Millane instantly when he said it and was taken aback. I'm sure others were too. It's just slack presenting. If he wasn't so eager to have a crack at the pies it never would have happened anyway.

Quarters is honest and outward in his recognition of his dislike for Collingwood. This is a show of respect so I am happy for him as a non-Collingwood supporter to express his distress at any sort of Collingwood success. No problems there. That is a good thing. However, I agree with the quoted post. Such a joke about the 1990 premiership team makes you think of Millane, I am 99.999 per cent sure he didn't intend it to be as he isn't a malicous man, I just think it was what Joely discribes, 'lacing in presence of mind'. For me, it was a distasteful gag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was what I thought he was referring to, as well.

The infamous "theft of a bus" when they rolled the bus forward.

I instantly thought of Banksy and the bus incident.

No issue for mine, as much as I can't stand Quartermain, I doubt he'd publically stoop that low.

yeah, i thought it was a bit of an iffy comment as i instantly thought of pants.

and i would imagine quarterbrain would probably cringe at his attempt at humour in hindsight, mainly becasue it wasn't funny.

Quarters might wanna be careful - maybe he'll end up covered in fried rice a second time, this time courtesy of Big Edwardo.

Nothing issue for mine

Any tv shows featuring Quarterbrain, and that "f$%&-wit" R.Walls, should just simply be switched off or flick the channel over, most of us obviously cannot stand those two "know-alls" so do yourselves a favour and get chanel 10 and bone them:D

Didn't see it, but I've hated Quartermain for a long time.

For years he's been disgracefully biased towards Hawthorn for obvious reasons. He was obviously pulled up on it because for the last season or 2 he's tried to look anti-Hawthorn and it comes across as pathetic.

It culminated with Dunstall tipping his food on him live on air.

I miss the days when we didn't know who commentators/tv/radio personalities barracked for. They all make it so disgustingly obvious now.

Mark Fine and Francis Leach are dispicable in this regard. Any caller who calls up SEN with something even REMOTELY anti-St.Kilda are treated horribly.

I'm really surprised that this is even a topic for conversation.

It was a JOKE, nothing to do with "The Raging Bull" at all.

Back in the day it was news (probably be bigger news these days) but now it's a funny story (as no harm came to anyone/a great sportsmens night story) but linking it to anti Collingwood bias is rubbish.

Just like blaming the umpires for bias towards the Pies or the MRP.

Have a laugh (some) people, sport is entertainment.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Quartermain - was that joke on the edge...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back