fomoco04

1992, 1994, 2006, 2018
Jun 18, 2007
West
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Deportivo, Man U
This is an open question for those Fremantle Supporters who grace these boards with their profound knowledge of all things AFL. Supporters of such a successful club so steeped in tradition should be able to answer it for me I’m sure. What I was wondering was, what its like to be a supporter of the only AFL club that has never won a Premiership? Hell, even played in a Grand Final for that matter?

Supporters from every other AFL club can yell out "My club won the Grand Final in xxxx year".They will easily tell you what years their clubs won, its a great memory to have. Yet you can’t.

Supporters from every AFL club can hold their hand over their heart and say we’ve played in a Grand Final but were beaten by a better team on the day. Yet you can’t.

Supporters from every AFL club, with the exception of Port Adelaide, can put their hand up and say, yep we have Brownlow Medalists. Yet you can’t.

[FONT=&quot]Sucks to be you.[/FONT]

Doesn't faze us at all - we know where we are heading. As for the past for the continuing Freo supporters:

for South Freo:
1916, 1917, 1947, 1948, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1970, 1980, 1997, 2005 and 2009

for East Freo:
1904, 1906, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1911, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1933, 1937, 1943, 1945, 1946, 1957, 1965, 1974, 1979, 1985, 1992, 1994, 1998

Not many that the rest of the WAFL have won.

Yes Freo have been awful in the past - but only a moron could not see how everything, absolutely everything about the club has changed in the last few years and we are on the way.

Supporters from every other AFL club can yell out "My club won the Grand Final in xxxx year".They will easily tell you what years their clubs won, its a great memory to have. Yet you can’t.

Supporters from every AFL club can hold their hand over their heart and say we’ve played in a Grand Final but were beaten by a better team on the day. Yet you can’t.

Supporters from every AFL club, with the exception of Port Adelaide, can put their hand up and say, yep we have Brownlow Medalists. Yet you can’t.
[/FONT]

What year did Gold Coast win theirs? :confused:

Quoted for pwnage... and to think you went to so much effort :eek:

Doesn't faze us at all - we know where we are heading. As for the past for the continuing Freo supporters:

for South Freo:

for East Freo:
1904, 1906, 1908, 1909, 1910, 1911, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1928, 1929, 1930, 1931, 1933, 1937, 1943, 1945, 1946, 1957, 1965, 1974, 1979, 1985, 1992, 1994, 1998

Yes Freo have been awful in the past - but only a moron could not see how everything, absolutely everything about the club has changed in the last few years and we are on the way.

Port Power (est 1997) board

Unlike Melbourne and nearly all St Kilda and Bulldogs supporters... who don't know what it's like to win a premiership you can't say the same of most Dockers supporters.

Most of them were Eagles fans before they turncoated so they do know what its like to win a premiership... just won't ever have that feeling with their new club they bandwagoned to.

Unlike Melbourne and nearly all St Kilda and Bulldogs supporters... who don't know what it's like to win a premiership you can't say the same of most Dockers supporters.

Most of them were Eagles fans before they turncoated so they do know what its like to win a premiership... just won't ever have that feeling with their new club they bandwagoned to.

lol

1. the age of our club is less than the time it took for collingwood to win there last premiership.

2. we are much closer to a flag than you are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got those splinters out of your arse yet ?

for South Freo:

for East Freo:

How sad you need to use WAFL stats to pump yourself up. :thumbsu:

What year did Gold Coast win theirs? :confused:
Thats a bit silly isnt it? How could they have won one already as there first year hasn't been completed yet?

You don't need to be Einstein to work out they don't need to be included in the OP.

Fail fail fail fail.
See above

lol incredibly lazy troll. 1/10.

how does it feel to lose 9 of the last 10 derbies?
How does it feel to think like a Port Adelaide supporter where you need to pick out your clubs derby history to hang your hat on. By the way the ledger is 18 - 14 West Coasts way if you want to play that game.

How does it feel to think like a Port Adelaide supporter where you need to pick out your clubs derby history to hang your hat on. By the way the ledger is 18 - 14 West Coasts way if you want to play that game.

'1. unlike port we are winning other games as well. when the streak started we finished top 4 in 2006.

2. im just playing your game. the derby argument isn't any more dumb than the "derp derp you hasnt won flag yet" troll effort.

Yep, and bashed, North, Port and Melbourne over the head with it :thumbsu:

I reckon you also used that spoon for other reasons... such as sharpening the handle end like a sharp spear and eye gouged teams with it.

We didnt need spoons to eye gouge teams Jeff Farmer eye gouged players without a spoon, and he paid the price for it.:thumbsu:

Thats a bit silly isnt it? How could they have won one already as there first year hasn't been completed yet?

You don't need to be Einstein to work out they don't need to be included in the OP.

You don't need to be Einstein to work out that this is the bay - absolute statements will picked at for even the slightest mistakes.

Lazy troll is lazy.

Stealing plays from wambats playbook won't get you glory.

Looks like we have another WC poster who swallowed the whole 'Eagles bound for finals' headline on the back of the Saturday West Australian.:eek:

Forcumcoccomo

We do not pick our club based on have they won flags or do they have X number of Chas winners as that would make us front running flogmeisters.

We support our club because they are our club, you shouldn't choose your club - it should choose you.

It is like falling in love, bam and for some reason you just love it. Freo is an absolute bitch to support...breaks my heart in so many ways but I would not dream of changing as it is my club.

In WA I feel for the true WC fans who love their club, as they share it with a good chunk of front runners who go for the Eages because they won some stuff.

Why is the atmosphere at our games so much better than an Eagles game? Because the majority of our supporters are there to support the club we love, Eages still have a chunk of supporters who just hold their seats to get on bpard on the next successful run.

So you keep wondering why we love a club that has never had any success, the true vicitm in this is supporters like you who just don't have the passion to love a club simply because it is your club.

Sympathy also to the true WC fans on the waitlist for seats.

How do we feel? Freo you are a basketcase, but you are my basketcase and I will love you until the day I die.

If you have such a low view of Freo' Formoco04, what does that WC, considering you are thoroughly our bitch team?

[Awaiting the standard time machine fallback response due to any ability to face modern day reality.]

Guess it must hurt to not have any genuine WAFL heritage for WC... or a geographical non entity identifying your club.:)

Frank Matera has returned and is speaking to the dead!

of course you need to be close to 60 to have any "memory" of that day should you be a saints supporter.:thumbsu: gold coast fans are feeling the heat too, 4 games for no premierships!

OP was waiting years to post this, but when he realised Port wouldnt be getting a brownlow medalist this year he couldnt hold back anymore, making do with the "exception of port" comment added in.:D:thumbsu:

:rolleyes:

Much like most Eagle fans over the age of 40 dropped their VFL team to support West Coast.

Forcumcoccomo

We do not pick our club based on have they won flags or do they have X number of Chas winners as that would make us front running flogmeisters.

We support our club because they are our club, you shouldn't choose your club - it should choose you.

It is like falling in love, bam and for some reason you just love it. Freo is an absolute bitch to support...breaks my heart in so many ways but I would not dream of changing as it is my club.

In WA I feel for the true WC fans who love their club, as they share it with a good chunk of front runners who go for the Eages because they won some stuff.

Why is the atmosphere at our games so much better than an Eagles game? Because the majority of our supporters are there to support the club we love, Eages still have a chunk of supporters who just hold their seats to get on bpard on the next successful run.

So you keep wondering why we love a club that has never had any success, the true vicitm in this is supporters like you who just don't have the passion to love a club simply because it is your club.

Sympathy also to the true WC fans on the waitlist for seats.

How do we feel? Freo you are a basketcase, but you are my basketcase and I will love you until the day I die.
WC & Freo fans are all turncoats anyway
Some of us stuck with our team

Remove this Banner Ad

Question for Fremantle Supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back