Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting list. The problem is that only the loss of a couple of them have caused some heartache here. Even the loss of Hamling caused only a murmur and he's proven himself at not only at Freo but the Bullies. Think he has a premiership medallion to show for it.

Some others who have proven themselves to be AFL-worthy at other clubs. Fogarty at the Blues. Clark at Freo. Jones at West Coast. Laidler at Blues and Swans. Mumford at the Swans and GWS. Varcoe at Collingwood. Podsiadly at the Crows. And if you want to dig into the memory bank Bews at Brisbane. And Williams, Bolton, Toohey at the Swans.

And the jury is still out on Cockatoo (who is still finding his feet and being played out of position) and Krueger.

Players move on for a variety of reasons sometimes it turns out to be a negative, sometimes a positive. It's not an exact science.
A traded player's lot is tough, I reckon. Unless you are a Dangerfield. Unless you are a specific role player like Varcoe and there is no other player in the club who can play your role, you are a the back of the queue.

Reminder, this is the Quintin Narkle thread and not the "discussion of former Geelong players"

Please get chat back on topic

If you want to chat about former Cats/Kittens at their new homes, may I suggest the following thread -

Did fine.
When Brisbane were pushing and regaining ascendancy of the game, Narkle was one of our most productive in the third quarter with 6 disposals and a goal before suffering an injury late in the quarter.
He, Miers, Smith, Parfitt and Blicavs (best game for the club in years) were keeping us in it in the third quarter.

No i think that is way over the top - and i was excited at the beginning of the season how Holmes would go this season

He was hopeless in the 1st half against Coll - did he actually get a possession in the 1st half - and he dropped 2 simple o/head marks ( in crucial passages of play when Geel were way under the pump ) a 14 year old kid at the local playground could have marked those

He played a top last qtr - no question - but his kicking needs work - and i thought he was poor against the Swans - thus i think it is way premature to call him a "star"

I do like his effort - that PF massacre last year - where alot of Geel players had thrown in the towel and given up pretty weekly - and Gawn was running around like a goliath in the 3rd qtr - Holmes ( way outsized ) chased him for about 20 metres to try to apply the tackle - thus i like the fact he doesnt give up
He was poor in that first half but he did technically notch up 8 disposals so he was getting around the ball. Fair to say he redeemed that and then some in the last

His trajectory is looking pretty good if at times uneven. Which is fine, development isn't linear. He is tracking to be an excellent player overall once he becomes more consistent

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back