Preview R12 Queens B'day Match Preview - Pies v Dee's by D86

Remove this Banner Ad

Ball groin? he looked the fittest he has in a long while last week, kicked longer and looked faster. Missed roids hurting himself too

So in Barham and Obs, with a choice between fraser and dawes

Roids kicked a gutter running home from training so he's just in for his annual round 12 ankle alignment.:D

Agree on Ball. Just a rest.

I think Ball isn't playing simply based on where we have played the last 2 weeks.

We have played on the hardest 2 surfaces in the AFL (Gabba and Etihad) and Ball looked absolutely buggered when the siren went on Saturday. (Had his head in his hands for a few moments).

Johnno apparently has had a small ankle problem for a few weeks now, and I'd say the shifting Etihad surface probably "aggravated" the injury.

So basically, Etihad screwed us, thank god we only play there one more time.

It's a good time to rest Ball. Gives him a nice long break. He'll come back after the break fully fit and raring to go in the 2nd half of the year.

Ben Johnson has also gone flat. My impression of Jonno is that he comes back from a break really sharp, and gradualy decreases his output.

So basically Ball and Jonno will get 3 weeks off now. Plenty of time to recover from any minor niggles and freshen up.

I wouldn't be against using our depth this week and bring in reliable guys like Lockyer or O'Bree to cover for any other minor niggles.

Don't want to encroach on you lads board too much, except to say great write up dave. Nice to have a fairly neutral preview of both sides.
Let's say I'd be surprised if the Dees win, but like a couple of you have mentioned if it rains we might be in with a shot. To be completely honest, I'll be happy if we put another 4 quarter effort in like we did in Round 2, and if we do that, maybe this time things will fall our way.
See you all at the G!

thanks mate, appreciate it.

Sounds like Collingwood has suffered another injury but i don't have details as to which player it is yet. We'll make a minimum of 3 changes now. Hoping its another 'calf' or 'groin' injury and not something serious
Dick in for Obree. It gives Pendlebury a chance to be our inside mid again. Even though he has been fantastic for us playing outside.

Hate to intrude on your board, but that was a great write up...very unbiast.

I think that it would be more likely than not that Collingwood will win (unfortunatly).....you guys do have a bloody good, even team at the moment.
However the margin will come down tothe first 15-20 mins of the game. If you get the jump on us it could turn ugly, however if we can match it for the first quarter the game should be decided by under 4 goals!

Either way good luck

Sylvia has been ruled out.

When I read that his big toe nearly died, I thought there is no way he'll play this week.

Why would you risk one game when the guy could lose a toe? That would just about stuff your career.

Tarks to HFF & Beams midfield, Jax to tag Davey.

I think they'll worry us if they bring the footy through the corridor.

In all honesty I think they'd get us if they were at full strength including Jurrah after coming off the hard ground in Brisbane and the shitty turf at Etihad.

We'll just get over the line, but Luke Ball and Ben Johnson are big outs.

Turf at Etihad will have nothing to do with our performance, only danger it holds is the immediate risk of rolling an ankle/torquing a knee.

If they play a brand of football they have in the past against us in Round 2, or Brisbane and WBD later on, then this will undoubtedly be a tough contest. Hopefully without MacDonald, Swan will have a field day and considering how Sylvia did last QB, can't same I'm disappointed to see him miss out. Not worth losing a toe over.

Pies by a slim margain again, Medhurst to miraculously find form and kick 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great Review (Y).

although id rather Fraiser (as a useless ruck/even more useless forward i dont see why we need to play every game 21 v 22) out for Dawes.
(and im well aware if aint happening this week :( )

dawes, cloke, l brown,
davis, medhurst and thomas/wellingham? does it matter.
brown can atleast mark the ball and create a contest.
cloke can keep playing 1000 miles from the goal lol.

hopefully against the dogs, if thats a sign of anything. davis is back (and for the sake of SC).
medhurst needs a few weeks to find his foot =]
- i dont rate melbourne, round 2 was disgusting, but i dont see a repeat of that pathetic performance.

I think they'll worry us if they bring the footy through the corridor.

In all honesty I think they'd get us if they were at full strength including Jurrah after coming off the hard ground in Brisbane and the shitty turf at Etihad.

We'll just get over the line, but Luke Ball and Ben Johnson are big outs.

Agree there use of the Corridor is Worrying as we struggle to defend the Corridor.

Also Davey always has a Great Game against us.

I still think we will win Big as I think the Dees are Wearing out before the Brake

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...der-nathan-jones/story-e6frg7mf-1225879198204

MELBOURNE coach Dean Bailey's chance of causing an upset first win over Collingwood could be made tougher by the likely withdrawal today of rugged midfielder Nathan Jones.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...der-nathan-jones/story-e6frg7mf-1225879198204

With Sylvia and McDonald already out, Melbourne look to have lost a lot of ball winning ability in the midfield. This will sure put a lot of pressure on their young midfield rookies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview R12 Queens B'day Match Preview - Pies v Dee's by D86

Remove this Banner Ad

Back