Preview R2 v Crows - Showdown XLVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Nope - he broke the rules. End of story.

And let's face it. The way this happened, the TV station and reporter involved, and the lack of consistency from the AFL in applying the rules gives us, the supporters, the extra motivation we all need to get excited about this game in difficult circumstances.

Bring it on.
LOL. Nope - he broke the rules. End of story.

And let's face it. The way this happened, the TV station and reporter involved, and the lack of consistency from the AFL in applying the rules gives us, the supporters, the extra motivation we all need to get excited about this game in difficult circumstances.

Bring it on.
100% agree, Ollie deserves it for the sheer stupidity of it. The sanctions will keep increasing now for every breach so if the club isn't on top of it they deserve everything they get.

again, Gillon at the forefront.

#sackgillon get it trending everywhere.
You mean The Murderer. Roy Slaven got it right on 23rd May.

"This bloke, he operates in plain sight.
The Murderer gets away by acting criminally in plain sight,
and people just look away. People don't know where to look.
This is happening all over the world at the moment."

He did know the rules. But the rules are ******* dumb.

Ollie Wines is a 26 year old adult. He is a professional athlete earning more in a year than I will ever see in my lifetime.

He is also a former co-captain of our club and a senior player.

He has a responsibility to the club, his team mates and supporters to know the rules and follow them, regardless of how 'dumb' they might be.

He didn't.

It really is that simple.

Ollie Wines is a 26 year old adult. He is a professional athlete earning more in a year than I will ever see in my lifetime.

He is also a former co-captain of our club and a senior player.

He has a responsibility to the club, his team mates and supporters to know the rules and follow them, regardless of how 'dumb' they might be.

He didn't.

It really is that simple.

You won't get any argument from me that Ollie Wines is an idiot. That doesn't make the suspension justified.

Since the cat is now getting let out of the bag...

My old man got a call from TJ and Ken at around midday today to let him know all 4 of us were gonna be going Saturday night. Had 7 News around tonight for a quick interview, and Tiser is doing a photo shoot in the morning. Pumped! :D

Had 7 News around tonight for a quick interview, and Tiser is doing a photo shoot in the morning. Pumped! :D

I hope you told them to **** off.

My old man got a call from TJ and Ken at around midday today to let him know all 4 of us were gonna be going Saturday night. Had 7 News around tonight for a quick interview, and Tiser is doing a photo shoot in the morning. Pumped! :D

AFL will be sending a please explain. Expect a one game suspension for you all

Anyone been notified about the ballot yet?
yep

Dear REH,

Thank you for entering the Member ballot for tickets to Saturday night’s Showdown.

This afternoon 1,475 lucky Members were randomly selected to attend the game and unfortunately your registration was unsuccessful. .....

Bugger missed out. This will be the first showdown and home game I've missed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You won't get any argument from me that Ollie Wines is an idiot. That doesn't make the suspension justified.
It was pretty obvious they were gonna come down harder after the Adelaide thing though we know what they are like but honestly our idiot had to walk into it! he almost deserves a club imposed ban on top of it for being the worlds biggest moron.

yep

Dear REH,

Thank you for entering the Member ballot for tickets to Saturday night’s Showdown.

This afternoon 1,475 lucky Members were randomly selected to attend the game and unfortunately your registration was unsuccessful. .....
Imagine being a club1870 member since it’s inception in 2013, paying 2-3 times more than the average member and missing out!
To me, the 300ish 1870 members (those that pledged 100%) should have been guaranteed a ticket to this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back