Preview R2 v Crows - Showdown XLVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a fox game it would get exposure it would stand out and Beemed through channel 7 adelaide.
The Showdown isn't a Fox game. Its a Channel 7 game.

Crows weren't horrible in round 1. Should've won the game.
Wet weather and shortened quarters makes this a closer game than many think.
Hope the clear difference in class gets a chance to shine through.
The Crows looked worse than Sydney. Sydney are horrible and going to be competing with the Crows in the bottom 4 this year.

And they've to Ken Jnr.
Nicks left Ports because he didn't agree with Hinkley. Not sure how that makes him Ken Jnr or Ken LITE. He maybe as clueless at this AFL coaching caper as Hinkley but it's not due a similarity in coaching philosophy.

Nicks left Ports because he didn't agree with Hinkley. Not sure how that makes him Ken Jnr or Ken LITE. He maybe as clueless at this AFL coaching caper as Hinkley but it's not due a similarity in coaching philosophy.

Cannot agree with that. Nicks joined Port in 2011 and rose to Senior Assistant under Hinkley. Nicks was promoted under Hinkley so it is hard to see how he and Hinkley were at loggerheads over their six year association. They may have had differences toward the end but Nicks survived too long under Hinkley for them to have significant differences in football philosophy.

“Then Ken Hinkley came across and I learnt a lot off of Ken – eight years at Port Adelaide gave me great experience.” Matthew Nicks speaking of his time at Alberton.

Then Jack is not as far advanced as the reports suggested. I am more curious than upset that Watts has not been selected.

This from Nov 2019...

and this was from Jan 2020...

The comments from the players in the articles above would indicate that Watts was a good chance to line up in Round 1 2020 yet three months later he is still not in the side. Then again looking at last night's game where 10 goals were kicked it looked a bit of an arm wrestle and maybe that is not what Jack needs at this stage.

As I posted a lot will depend on how dinkum these AFL curtain raisers are. They need to be more than a good hard training session if they are to provide some match hardening. They are an AFL afterthought so they could be any standard.
Look at Dixon last year, it took him basically every game he played to get his confidence back for this year. Watts will be in the same boat this year. I don't take the media reports as gospel in regards to the injury he had, the mental side of it will be Watts biggest battle.

He went to GWS because he knew no club would sign a Port assistant.

He may have gotten a poisoned chalice and ended up at the shittest club, but it was still a smart move career wise.

Congrats to those who managed to score a ticket to the game however my only gripe with the whole process is that it seems alot of family groups managed to get tickets

I would have thought it would be fairer to share the tickets out more.. 1 family member max only

Ah well it will probably be wet and freezing anyway so the couch and heater is a good option all things considering

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cannot agree with that. Nicks joined Port in 2011 and rose to Senior Assistant under Hinkley. Nicks was promoted under Hinkley so it is hard to see how he and Hinkley were at loggerheads over their six year association. They may have had differences toward the end but Nicks survived too long under Hinkley for them to have significant differences in football philosophy.

“Then Ken Hinkley came across and I learnt a lot off of Ken – eight years at Port Adelaide gave me great experience.” Matthew Nicks speaking of his time at Alberton.
Yeah, he probably learnt a lot of what doesn't work off of Hinkley.

What a surprise that an assistant coach quitting a club says what a "great experience" it was.

I honestly hope he is a Hinkley clone because the Camry Crows deserve that.

Congrats to those who managed to score a ticket to the game however my only gripe with the whole process is that it seems alot of family groups managed to get tickets

I would have thought it would be fairer to share the tickets out more.. 1 family member max only

Ah well it will probably be wet and freezing anyway so the couch and heater is a good option all things considering

Yeah, I was a bit pissed off by that. So from your family of six only one gets to go? Too ****ing bad.

9 years at the same club is far too long for an assistant coach, especially at a club that hasn't had success. Nicks needed to move for his own career development and it paid almost immediate dividends.

Bonner, Lienert and McKenzie are literally the same player so it kind of doesn't matter which of them is in or out any given week.

This is a baffling opinion. Bonner and McKenzie don't play anything like each other.

Bonner, Lienert and McKenzie are literally the same player so it kind of doesn't matter which of them is in or out any given week.

I'd argue that two of those players, when played in defense, are capable defenders. I'm so confident that is true I am not even going to bother naming them. So I don't agree they are literally the same player.

He went to GWS because he knew no club would sign a Port assistant.

He may have gotten a poisoned chalice and ended up at the shittest club, but it was still a smart move career wise.
Yes, he was lucky it only took a year to wash the stench off. Though Adelaide wanting to rub our noses in it by poaching a long term Port Assistant (even if away one year) was a god send for him. It'd have taken longer away for any other club to consider him.

The crowd noise Saturday night will be interesting. Possibly might hear a bit 'too' much on tv. 😉
dancin-homer-picture.png

It was so quiet, I could hear each smart-ass remark.

I'd argue that two of those players, when played in defense, are capable defenders.

I'd argue that none of them are. And the fact that we have any of them, let alone two of them, named in our defence this weekend is cause for concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back