Preview R5: St Kilda v Essendon (game day thread now open)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the article from Richo above, he did add as a possible criterion, "if their form has surpassed that of someone in the team". That has repercussions for the person dropped, too. It may well be that they are not so much dropped because they were BAD. They may in fact be quite good, all things considered. It's just somebody else is playing their role better.

That shouts Shenton, to me. Not that he's been bad, necessarily. There are just other players who are playing better.

Seat warming is over.

If fit, Montagna, Riewoldt and Weller in for Shenton, Saad and McCartin.

Geary Delaney Dempster
Savage Fisher Roberton
Newnes Dunstan Montagna
Membrey Riewoldt Billings
Lonie Bruce Schneider
Longer Armitage Steven
Weller Sinclair Wright Curren
Em: McCartin (Riewoldt) Acres (Montagna) Shenton

In the article from Richo above, he did add as a possible criterion, "if their form has surpassed that of someone in the team". That has repercussions for the person dropped, too. It may well be that they are not so much dropped because they were BAD. They may in fact be quite good, all things considered. It's just somebody else is playing their role better.

That shouts Shenton, to me. Not that he's been bad, necessarily. There are just other players who are playing better.

Seat warming is over.

Some form has been down in the seniors though?

Being in a 'rebuild' doesn't mean we are in the business of gifting games.

Giving a player a taste for the sake of it doesn't always work.

How is Spencer going this year after having a 'taste' at the end of last year?

This could be a much closer contest than a lot of people expect. It does depend on which Essendon turn up and for how long they turn up.

My guess is that we will play 2 and a half quarters of decent footy and the margin will be 21 points our way.

Joey back for you guys will make a huge difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be a much closer contest than a lot of people expect. It does depend on which Essendon turn up and for how long they turn up.

My guess is that we will play 2 and a half quarters of decent footy and the margin will be 21 points our way.

Joey back for you guys will make a huge difference.
Hate to say it but think this could be a smashing coming up for the Saints 10-15 goal loss, Hope I'm wrong :(

He reminds me a fair bit of one Sam Mitchell in the way he plays, with his dual-sidedness, composure/poise, ability to make others who are trying to tackle him look silly by just knowing which way to move to evade them, efficient kicking and they're even a similar size.

Like him a lot.

Just like Sam Mitchell Sinclair also came via the VFL as a mature aged recruit. :thumbsu:

In hickey, Weller, Simpkin, Webster
Out del, Robbo (inj) saad Curren

I've forgotten Blacres haven't I....

Maybe swap Webster and acres

I dont care what anyone says.. If we play 120 minutes of high performance football times 4. We can beat any of the other teams apart from the big 4. (freo, haw, por, syd).
This includes the dons on the weekend... Who are shakey any way.. i really dont care if we dont get up but for goodness sakes saints. Put up a show and play like you wana win.. For a whole game! Give us hope.

Sometimes i wonder if they even know what it really takes to actually win a game. Maybe they think they know how hard they have to go for how long. But maybe thats just way under the truth. I cant remember seeing tgem really fight for a win. Its been that long ago. and for once id just love to see AR, give em a good proper spray.. really give it to them if they dish up a quater of shit...
Why did they play so hard and agressive under Ross? Its because they respected him... and they feared him. Maybe Richo needs to think about that.

Sometimes i wonder if they even know what it really takes to actually win a game. Maybe they think they know how hard they have to go for how long. But maybe thats just way under the truth. I cant remember seeing tgem really fight for a win. Its been that long ago. and for once id just love to see AR, give em a good proper spray.. really give it to them if they dish up a quater of shit...
Why did they play so hard and agressive under Ross? Its because they respected him... and they feared him. Maybe Richo needs to think about that.

Fear is a horrible motivator to use when people are required to perform complex tasks.

How do you know he doesn't give them sprays?

I hate sunday games. Not because of the time slot or anything like that but because I *always* forget that the team named on Thursday will be an extended one. I always get excited that teams are coming out and then when I see them I am crushed by the realisation that it's not the real team yet. DAMN YOU SUNDAY GAMES! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back