Race to bring Judd back home

Remove this Banner Ad

Fevola + Pick 1 and 3 then I'd consider it. Marc Murphy too with his links to West Coast in there somewhere wouldn't be bad either.

Either way, whatever the deal it will not be worth it. If this is all indeed true it is pretty sad the way his last games will be remembered in WC colours!

Fevola + Pick 1 and 3 then I'd consider it. Marc Murphy too with his links to West Coast in there somewhere wouldn't be bad either.

I dont mean to be rude,but surely Fev + 3 would be enough.With pick 3 you could get another elite mid + picking up a bloke who would most likely win another coleman in a team like West Coast.Fev is a gun (not quite as good as Judd) himself & with pick 3 i would have thought is plenty.But thats just my opinion.

Just to open a debate i would be highly surprised if you got anymore than a relaitively good player and top ten pick for judd, he is a good player but no club will sell their soul to get him. Cept maybe carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That article mentions Josh Kennedy as part of a possible trade to Carlton.

Er, what...?

Gotta love the way newspapers think "Judd wants to come home, Carlton seem a logical suitor, so we'll pick a random Western Australian from Carlton's list and stick them up as a potential trade, then fill up the difference with draft picks". 10 seconds later, its pick 3 and Kennedy for Judd, and thats that.

Fevola, pick 3 and pick 20 for Judd and pick 10 seems to be fair to me, and fills a gaping need for both teams. As someone else mentioned earlier, if you want Houlihan, you can have her too...

I personally believe all this is more to do with giving Judds ego a bit of a boost and talking up his contract offer.

That's the least I'd be looking for. But I'm still hopeful Judd will stay with us.

Either way, whatever the deal it will not be worth it. If this is all indeed true it is pretty sad the way his last games will be remembered in WC colours!

Agree. If he were to go now, the memory of his last games will not be very flash - through no-one's fault.

I hope that Carlton can manage to lure Judd to Princes Park next year, although I am sure after watching you guys play last night that even without him you will be finghting for a flag again next year. The midfield of Kerr, Priddis and Cousins is an outstanding line-up, but the thing that really impressed me was the fight and courage that your boys showed last night, even without your stars. I think there is plenty of Woosha in your boys, it was just a pity you werent able to get over the line, I was certainly cheering for you. Anyway, bad luck, (but I stil hope Judd wears navy blue next year).

so the captain of a premiership team with a window of more success in the next 3 years, with midfielders galore to help him to the success hes had is going to leave to a bottom dweller with no immediate chance of success!

And the journals think the biggest draw for this to happen is to be closer to his parents!

I don't know about any one else but when i was judds age the further away i was from my parents the better. Surely he isn't a mummys boy.

I will not be devastated if Judd leaves. WCE are allowing him to explore his own options on surgery and he is "considering going to the UK for it".

Now that to me sounds more serious then we've been led to believe and I fear he may not return to his Herculean best. I have nothing concrete to back me up, rather I have a gut feeling.

On to the trade.

Carlton's pick 1 (a priority pick) cannot be traded. Blame Freo for that, ie. the Croad deal.

I am adamant Judd + our 3rd rounder = Fev + pick 3 + pick 20.

Now if Fev came over, Lynch to CHF and Hansen (with his continuing injuries) would / should be traded.

Doggies are crying out for talls. We should expect a pick under 20 for him.

Disregarding the rumours about Fletch being on the table and Nicoski considering a move...

We need another prime midfield player in the 22-24 year old bracket, to help somewhat offset the loss of Judd. The pick we receive for Hansen (Doggies 1st pick? pick 8'ish? and our pick 20 - from Carlton) would be enough to do the trick. Who we go after I'm not sure.

Therefore, all in all.

We lose:
Judd
Hansen
our 3 rounder

We gain:
Fev
an A grade 22-24yo midfielder
pick 3

I for one am excited at the prospect as what we would gain far outweighs what we would lose.

Remember:
Judd's value is at its peak, right here and right now.
He will leave WA at some stage. Fact. If its in 3 years time, his value will be less.
Post surgery, he may not be the same player.

if judd leaves west coast i don't think he will look as good as he has sure he is a class player one of the best midfeilders in the game but he has had the best ruckman in the league tapping it to him the best midfeilder nest to him in kerr, great support in the rest of the eagles midfeilders

he is only one player tho a great one west coast won't lose much out of its game losing one players out of there star midfeild an if the add fev to there side look out next year everyone.

Judd is gun not question about it but without the gun support he has had he won't find the ball as easy an look as awesome.

he will add something to any team he plays in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Race to bring Judd back home

Remove this Banner Ad

Back