Preview Racing ~ Spring Carnival 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure if this is done here but here are a few tips

Confident
Rand R3: Criaderas (Should be 4/4 but still hit the line very well. Quite confident in him with the obvious danger being Bottega)
Rand R5: Peltzer (Has been running well against some very good competition. The jump up 100m should help as he is out of so you think)
Rand R6: Alligator Blood (Best horse in this race no way around it. Will take out the Golden Eagle as well)
Cau R7: Hungry Heart (Been running very well for no wins, If Montefilla runs well in the spring champion before, gives a very good indication she wins this. I also think the Sydney 3yoF form is far superior to the Vic)

Rand R7: Cherry Tortoni (Think it looked incredibly impressive so far this prep almost running down Glenfiddich who placed in the Memsie)
Rand R8: Positive Peace (Hasn't had much luck this prep. Competing against worse horses now and if it can recapture its spring form, should be very hard to beat)
Cau R2: Bella Nipotina (I know this is bold going against the highly impressive Swats That but won its first start against the 3yo fillies. Taken to a WFA G1 next and I think the drop back in class will help majorly)
Cau R3: Windstorm (Love Phaistos and think it is the better horse but Windstorm has been running very well and now 4th up, should be at peak fitness)
Cau R4: Lyre (Ran home for a very strong 3rd in the Goodwood beating Behemoth home with a 2nd to Bella Vella. Hasn't been great this prep but Jamie Kah on is a huge plus as IMO, she is the best jockey in the nation)
Cau R5: Octane (A lot of speed and makes me thing you want to be on someone off the speed. Kah back on board is a plus and was quite unlucky last start)
Cau R8: King's Legacy (Really like how he performed last start. Think the 3rd up over 1600m suits him better than Ole Kirk having beat him in the autumn last season over the same distance)
Cau R10: In Good Health/Miami Bound (In good health was running very well this prep and last start, had a bad barrier with no luck and performed very well for 4th. Miami Bound attacked the line very well first up on a day you couldn't make up ground and was luckless second up with Gatting breaking down in front of her. Didn't offer much last start but the extra 400m should really help as well as a wet deck which she likes.

Around the grounds (not as experienced with the other 3 tracks but here it goes)
Asc R9: This'll Testya (was hugely impressive to start her career but seems to have dropped a bit since. Still think she puts them away)
Morph R5: Extra TIme (moving from Vic to SA so think the drop in standard should help)
Morph R7: Aintnodeeldun (Hugely impressive win last start.Not going the derby which is interesting. Also might do a first 4 with Crown Mint, So You Can & Deepstrike)

Last edited:
Not sure if this is done here but here are a few tips

Confident
Rand R3: Criaderas (Should be 4/4 but still hit the line very well. Quite confident in him with the obvious danger being Bottega)
Rand R5: Peltzer (Has been running well against some very good competition. The jump up 100m should help as he is out of so you think)
Rand R6: Alligator Blood (Best horse in this race no way around it. Will take out the Golden Eagle as well)
Cau R7: Hungry Heart (Been running very well for no wins, If Montefilla runs well in the spring champion before, gives a very good indication she wins this. I also think the Sydney 3yoF form is far superior to the Vic)

Rand R7: Cherry Tortoni (Think it looked incredibly impressive so far this prep almost running down Glenfiddich who placed in the Memsie)
Rand R8: Positive Peace (Hasn't had much luck this prep. Competing against worse horses now and if it can recapture its spring form, should be very hard to beat)
Cau R2: Bella Nipotina (I know this is bold going against the highly impressive Swats That but won its first start against the 3yo fillies. Taken to a WFA G1 next and I think the drop back in class will help majorly)
Cau R3: Windstorm (Love Phaistos and think it is the better horse but Windstorm has been running very well and now 4th up, should be at peak fitness)
Cau R4: Lyre (Ran home for a very strong 3rd in the Goodwood beating Behemoth home with a 2nd to Bella Vella. Hasn't been great this prep but Jamie Kah on is a huge plus as IMO, she is the best jockey in the nation)
Cau R5: Octane (A lot of speed and makes me thing you want to be on someone off the speed. Kah back on board is a plus and was quite unlucky last start)
Cau R8: King's Legacy (Really like how he performed last start. Think the 3rd up over 1600m suits him better than Ole Kirk having beat him in the autumn last season over the same distance)
Cau R10: In Good Health/Miami Bound (In good health was running very well this prep and last start, had a bad barrier with no luck and performed very well for 4th. Miami Bound attacked the line very well first up on a day you couldn't make up ground and was luckless second up with Gatting breaking down in front of her. Didn't offer much last start but the extra 400m should really help as well as a wet deck which she likes.

Around the grounds (not as experienced with the other 3 tracks but here it goes)
Asc R9: This'll Testya (was hugely impressive to start her career but seems to have dropped a bit since. Still think she puts them away)
Morph R5: Extra TIme (moving from Vic to SA so think the drop in standard should help)
Morph R7: Aintnodeeldun (Hugely impressive win last start.Not going the derby which is interesting. Also might do a first 4 with Crown Mint, So You Can & Deepstrike)
How did your tips go. I saw one race that Peltzer won as I am a Gerald Ryan fan but missed the others.

Caufield Cup
DALASAN each way
I have no idea this year, may just watch and not have a bet.

Caufield Cup 1st 4 for me
1. Master Of Wine
2. Toffee Tongue
3. Dalasan
4. Verry Elleegant

Everest 1st 4
1. Libertini
2. Classique Legend
3. Bivouac
4. Nature STrip

Not liking the look of this week unlike last week but here are the few horses I don't mind. Doubt I stake a lot tomorrow. Seems a little harder to find winners
Caufield
R7. Alfa Oro (Assuming it rains and becomes a soft surface, can't see anything else winning. On a good surface though, I'd be tipping FAbergino)
R8. Windstorm (flying at the moment. Good drawn and should fly home. Jumping in class and backup are two slight queries. Fifty Stars danger)
R9. Master Of Wine (plain first up but below his best distance. Came home strongly in next two starts. Going to his best distance now and drawn well with a good big race jockey. Plenty of dangers however)

Randwick
R1. Captivant/Testimonial (Each have won a trial plus from leading 2yo stables)
R3. Purple Sector (Absolutely stormed home last start. Low weight but it is a jump in class however, has a good jockey on. Looks Like Elvis the danger)
R7. Libertini (flying first up and if she replicates, doubt anything can run her down. Undefeated on a good track)
R8. The Candy Man (Star of the Seas is the clear best horse in the race but first time at the distance on good ground doesn't excite me for$2 odds. Not saying he wins but the Candy Man is good value. Should sit just outside the lead and has a jockey who knows how to ride on pace)

Edit
They aren't at great odds but both favs in the first 2 at Caufield seem pretty nice.

Last edited:
Coming into the season of horse deaths I have read this article which explodes the myth of "looked after better than domestic horses".

Absolutely disgraceful the way this horse was treated. And make sure you watch the "twitch" video.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming into the season of horse deaths I have read this article which explodes the myth of "looked after better than domestic horses".

Absolutely disgraceful the way this horse was treated. And make sure you watch the "twitch" video.
Twitches don't hurt horses and in fact protect them. The laminitis speculation was exactly that.

If that journalist had an ounce of investigative nous, she might have done a bit more than Google the condition. Maybe she could have made a few calls to a few vets to get their views on how they handle large skittish animals or how likely BC's multiple pregnancies led to laminitis? But no, the author would rather quote anonymous social media comments.

Twitches don't hurt horses and in fact protect them. The laminitis speculation was exactly that.

If that journalist had an ounce of investigative nous, she might have done a bit more than Google the condition. Maybe she could have made a few calls to a few vets to get their views on how they handle large skittish animals or how likely BC's multiple pregnancies led to laminitis? But no, the author would rather quote anonymous social media comments.

Black Caviar was r*ped

After a career of being whipped

Maybe the trainers could switch roles for a day

Even worse. I heard a few of the sires never called her back afterwards.

Not that helpful to characterize breeding programs as r@pe. Would you prefer that artificial insemination was allowed under the Rules of Racing?

I am against racing

This includes No to fluffers jerking stallions (what’s the correct term - I don’t know a lot of the stuff that you know)

Mods! That sounds like politics!

You lagger Savvy!

bsmi.jpg

You lagger Savvy!

bsmi.jpg
You're lucky I only dobbed you in for the Barnaby Joyce stuff. The racing stuff itself reeked of woke identity politics.

I'm just hoping we can still make fun of Melbourne for being toffs - might be getting a bit close for comfort.

You're lucky I only dobbed you in for the Barnaby Joyce stuff. The racing stuff itself reeked of woke identity politics.

I'm just hoping we can still make fun of Melbourne for being toffs - might be getting a bit close for comfort.
Politics is over. You need to prepare yourself for Total War. You can't expect anything else after challenging my driving distance on a public forum.

SS, there bad journalism, then there is atrocious pieces and then, there is this.
On the galloping itself, I'm hoping the Kah/Kent combo, do indeed, have to face the music, never has the handbrake been so vigorously applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back