Rumour Rance Retires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to enjoy inviting the local Jehovas Witnesses in for a long chat over tea and scones. It took them about 10 visits over three years to work out that my interest in their religion was purely scholarly.
You mean they've didn't twig when they saw the upside down crucifix?

I highly doubt Rance actually is a Jw anyway. They're pretty strict and he breaks a lot of their rules. Competitive sports, not allowed. Beards, not allowed. Even seen him out and about drunk off his face swearing like a trucker.
Nothing wrong with any of that, just irks me that he can cruise around claiming some kinda spiritual and moral high ground when hes just a lad.
Who apparently dogs his wife and backstabs his teammates.
Aren't they supposed to give half their income to the church as well?

I've never heard of him doing that.

Who cares enough about these superficial types to clarify such things? Seen too many of them try to make their so called faith a public message it so boring.

If it walks like a duck and qwacks like one it usually is one. It is funny when it all goes pear shaped in public. Then less boring. Whether he fiddled around with Master Higgins or something else it all has the similar theme of these types.
But thats just it, he has really never made his ‘faith’ public. Until last week anyhow, and when he did stat it, it was definitely coming from a place of, ‘I’ve got sh#t I need to sort out’. If it was Folau, I’d understand where your coming from, but Rance has never be the ‘Holier than thou’ type.

I highly doubt Rance actually is a Jw anyway. They're pretty strict and he breaks a lot of their rules. Competitive sports, not allowed. Beards, not allowed. Even seen him out and about drunk off his face swearing like a trucker.
Nothing wrong with any of that, just irks me that he can cruise around claiming some kinda spiritual and moral high ground when hes just a lad.
Who apparently dogs his wife and backstabs his teammates.

beards are fine,but no partial shaving.

But thats just it, he has really never made his ‘faith’ public. .
Bullshit, there was some song and dance made about it by him when he renewed his previous contract some years back. You been following football all of a few years only or just in woodwork before that ? It is one of things we already knew about him for years.

The heart of God is most certainly not clear on the matter of divorce. Otherwise there would not be so many different interpretations about what Jesus meant, and what God meant with Moses, and did God change his views about divorce and remarriage, and what on earth annulments have to do about anything, and why Jesus brought Eunuchs into the conversation.
On the matter of marriage, I agree with you.
frankly i'm more concerned about what is decent honorable behaviour than what one of thousands of interpretations of text might mean.

To me it would seem strange for Rance to do such an in depth interview with Richo if he had done the wrong thing. You would think he’d be a bit sheepish otherwise.
burson marsteller, leading the story, ask Goddard, he is the professional, he knows how the game is played with comms101

JeanLucGoddard

Grimes could get the cash.

the Richmond culture and club for years to come.

but you know as well as me, the 'culture' thing was confected dross, if Dimma never had Leppitsch and Caracella as his assistants, Dimma would still be playing Vickery and a two pronged tall fowrard line, and seasons at 10-12 W/L. Good assistant coaches, random chance, a playing style that swung[sic] when everyone did Malthouse101. Like WarrenBuffets rule on the market, not following herd behaviour.

How is Peggy and Benny gonna handle this? This will be Peggy's best primer on antipodean impulses, not on William Street and the law quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

frankly i'm more concerned about what is decent honorable behaviour than what one of thousands of interpretations of text might mean.

It’s a minefield.

One person’s decent honoroble behaviour is another’s sinning.
There’s meant to be a book to help with that, but people selectively quote or misquote to justify their views, and have been doing so for hundreds of years. Plus of course the book was written in another time and place.

On Rance, I hope he sorts out his personal life to his satisfaction, and then maybe reconsiders his retirement.

It’s a minefield.

One person’s decent honoroble behaviour is another’s sinning.
There’s meant to be a book to help with that, but people selectively quote or misquote to justify their views, and have been doing so for hundreds of years. Plus of course the book was written in another time and place.

On Rance, I hope he sorts out his personal life to his satisfaction, and then maybe reconsiders his retirement.
That book..... the one where god boastfully kills 2 1/2 million people, women and kids included, not including the 20 million that would have drowned if you believed the Noah’s ark nonsense, But Satan is only credited with 12 deaths......the book where god smited Onan after He was ordered to feed his dead brother’s missus a length and pulled out and blew all over the ground and god was pissed off because he didn’t get her up the duff....... that book?

people selectively quote...to justify their views.
That book..... the one where god boastfully kills 2 1/2 million people, women and kids included, not including the 20 million that would have drowned if you believed the Noah’s ark nonsense, But Satan is only credited with 12 deaths......the book where god smited Onan after He was ordered to feed his dead brother’s missus a length and pulled out and blew all over the ground and god was pissed off because he didn’t get her up the duff....... that book?

Case in point.

Case in point.
Maybe you see some merit in 2 Kings 2:23-24 where god sends down 2 bears to maul 40 kids who hung shit on some bald shelia. What is the moral of that story? And don’t you think a verbal chastisement would have been more apt or this overreaction was justified? Or is that another ‘misinterpretation’ and you have the proper interpretation?????

So he retired to focus on family and faith :rolleyes:
He obviously cares little about either, well with any sincerity.
Is this why Gale said he would keep him on the books for a year, thought it all might blow over and he would don the jumper again??

Issy was right, all these fires are due to Rance alone.

I mean... obviously they're keeping up Rance's contract as much as possible in the hopes he comes back. Probably any team would do the same.

Every club would have hypocrites, cheaters, pricks, etc. it's just a question of which one is dumb/unfortunate enough to get caught in the media spotlight. This time around Rance takes the L, but he will in no sense be the last.

Didn't Jehovah have a beard? Bit rich for him to tell everyone else not to grow one.
It was a weird flex by the guy who took over after the founder died. Founder had a beard, and the new guy decided to denounce beards because he saw them as tributes to the founder or something. The official line however is that beards make you look less 'groomed'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back