Rancer

Remove this Banner Ad

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Im quite surprised more hasnt been made of the form of this fella, his form is first class, must be averaging 25 possies a game, not bad for a FB, and bugga me if i hear that no neck lloyd knock his disposal or decision making again. With the exception of ben reid he has no peer right now amongst the emerging key defenders.....im loving watching him play, fast becoming a fav......and keep an eye on grimesy, also loving the way he s going about his business

He's improved everywhere. His overhead marking today was great. I never had a problem with his kicking though. What player doesn't do the occasional miskick?

i think people are making to much of his decision making .. really big fan of Rance.. competes well one-on-one.. good spoil on the lead.. gets caught out on occasions BUT! that is the back 6 not working well together and you often see Rance trying to cover 2 guys... can see rancey becomming AA very soon...

Im quite surprised more hasnt been made of the form of this fella, his form is first class, must be averaging 25 possies a game, not bad for a FB, and bugga me if i hear that no neck knock his disposal or decision making again. With the exception of ben reid he has no peer right now amongst the emerging key defenders.....im loving watching him play, fast becoming a fav......and keep an eye on grimesy, also loving the way he s going about his business

Rance will take a risk if it means breaking a line. At times it wont come off and I am sure that is what those that bag him only see. I see that he moves like a cat, breaks tackles, has a massive wingspan when one on one and delivers 40 m passes that go like bullets to where they are suppose to go and where the team will get max benefit from. He will not release for the sake of releasing, if he sees the target that will break us into the F50 he will risk getting it there.
As for grimes...well, we have a player where you dont hold your breath now..he has added marking to his bag of tricks and reckon he has added a bit of pace to his game to.
With these 2 and the super pick ups in Morris & Ellis with the Bash there as the deliverer, our defence is the least of our probs..;)

His kicking isn't a problem, just decision making can be a bit off at times.

But considering the amount of ball that comes to him, a few clangers are bound to happen.

Has improved on his 2011 form, hope he keeps it up.

Rance will take a risk if it means breaking a line. At times it wont come off and I am sure that is what those that bag him only see. I see that he moves like a cat, breaks tackles, has a massive wingspan when one on one and delivers 40 m passes that go like bullets to where they are suppose to go and where the team will get max benefit from. He will not release for the sake of releasing, if he sees the target that will break us into the F50 he will risk getting it there.
As for grimes...well, we have a player where you dont hold your breath now..he has added marking to his bag of tricks and reckon he has added a bit of pace to his game to.
With these 2 and the super pick ups in Morris & Ellis with the Bash there as the deliverer, our defence is the least of our probs..;)

Bullseye cogg 200% agree

Just gota love this bloke, attacks the ball and takes the game on at every opportunity and is now our first picked each week. Even the media are making excuses now so as to not praise him like last week after he missed a target and they had to question his disosal. I saw Judd miss a target last night so I guess he is suspect too?

Go Rancey

Rance is just about my favourite player.

Grimes is also sensational...really starting to form a decent backline.

Imagine when these boys put on a bit of size.

My only other hope now is for Astbury to come back and play 3rd tall really well.

Im quite surprised more hasnt been made of the form of this fella, his form is first class, must be averaging 25 possies a game, not bad for a FB, and bugga me if i hear that no neck lloyd knock his disposal or decision making again. With the exception of ben reid he has no peer right now amongst the emerging key defenders.....im loving watching him play, fast becoming a fav......and keep an eye on grimesy, also loving the way he s going about his business

I heard Lloyd on the way home. Nearly crashed the car. Lethal sort of pulled him up on it but I'm sure thought Lloyd was just talking shit. He has gone to school on Tony Shaw.
Rance has been a standout, disposal efficiency stats confirm Lloyd, and last week Darcy, BT etc were just talking shit.

I heard Lloyd on the way home. Nearly crashed the car. Lethal sort of pulled him up on it but I'm sure thought Lloyd was just talking shit. He has gone to school on Tony Shaw.
Rance has been a standout, disposal efficiency stats confirm Lloyd, and last week Darcy, BT etc were just talking shit.

Exacory

Im quite surprised more hasnt been made of the form of this fella, his form is first class, must be averaging 25 possies a game, not bad for a FB, and bugga me if i hear that no neck knock his disposal or decision making again. With the exception of ben reid he has no peer right now amongst the emerging key defenders.....im loving watching him play, fast becoming a fav......and keep an eye on grimesy, also loving the way he s going about his business
Spot on , has been superb the in the first 3 weeks of the season. If he was at essendon or collingwood we would not of heard the end of it . They would be calling him the best thing since sliced bread, and the media would be all over him. As for commentators I disregard anything they say, especialy complete spuds like brian taylor & luke darcy. So well done rancey make them eat there words.:thumbsu::D

Not to mention that he quickly realised the umps had the microscope out when he was one on one with Clark, with a couple of frees that umps will go to the F every time and then made sure he got front position and the rest is history. i.e. he has a brain and understands what needs to change, because the umps arent going to change;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I like about Rance is that although he's a alleged 'comedian' off the field he gets down to business when it counts. When someone out-marks him he has a bit of a mini tantrum which is great considering that he is disappointed with himself that he let the opposition mark the ball. He puts his head over the ball, anybody remember to time when he clashed heads with one of the Selwoods.
That's what shows real potential. Competitiveness and the will to improve.

Had my 2 boys at the Cotchy coaching clinic last Tuesday and I must say Rance is a great fella. The kids had a ball with him. Although a comedian, he has not one smart ass bone in his body. Very lucky to have him.

The Tross is a gun. He has come so far in 2 years. 18 months ago it looked as though he was at the cross road.

Probably a little bit undersized though as a couple times he did look a bit nervous against the much larger Clarke. Probably got away with a couple of things today.

Also important to note he still has even played 50 games. He and Rance have the Key spots filled down back. Probably just need Astbury, Post or Griff to come on to release Batch

Rance is a dead set gun, First year yes he was a deer lost in the headlights but now he is a legitimate attacking weapon. Has improved out of sight. :heart:

Gotta agree with this. , allowing him a solid run at one position has been the making of him . Clarke still looked very dangerous yesterday but as less footy was coming deep into Clarke Rance as you would expect got better .

This guys game is really starting to come together. Against Carlton he looked worse than he played as we was trying to cover other people's man as well as his own. Reminds me of the Kellaway brothers in terms of courageousness but will be better than both.

Very good player on current form. He's not the answer to big ruck/forwards though. He was okay on Clarke and when he was on Hampson but he still struggles a bit against them. Had the same issue with Minson and Petrie last year. He's near unbeatable on anybody below ruck height though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rancer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back