Random Discussion II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, exactly.
The terms ‘sexual assault’ and ‘indecent assault’ have been used interchangeably to describe the charge, because ‘indecent assault’ no longer exists as a charge but did in May 2015, at the time of the alleged incident.

So not rape. A fairly important distinction, albeit all are extremely serious charges.

Okay, let's say he isn't guilty of rape, but the charges are effectively that of sexual assault, are they not?

He is not guilty of anything yet Arrow.

Most of the reports I have read have him charged with indecent assault, as a result of law changes after the alleged crime, he may now stand trial for sexual assault.

Trouble just seems to find this kid, must be one unlucky individual

You'll get no argument out of me that Jordan is of poor character. I've stated multiple times from first and second hand experience that he's a massive dickhead and a trouble maker, to put it quite mildly.

But he is yet to be found guilty of anything relating to indecent/sexual assault and should be presumed innocent until otherwise.

Surely JDG or any other man doesn't need to be convicted of rape, to determine if he has treated a woman poorly

Any form of abuse/disrespect is unacceptable
Well then who or what should determine it if not the legal system? Unless there is some really clear and irrefutable proof (i.e. video/audio evidence perhaps) it's just one persons word against the other. Sometimes accusations that are made are not true so let the legal system do its job and don't jump to conclusions about what someone may or may not have done.

By the way not standing up for JDG, don't want him at Carlton, he seems like a fair flog.

Agree any and all abuse/disrespect is unacceptable towards either male or female.
Very very true, that no one was charged after Jack Stevens stabbing is a disgrace and shows a distinct differentiation that is dangerous and also dehumanising and exposes a major flaw in the system, also that there was no outcry at this lack of consequences says volumes about societies current views on domestic abuse.

Surely the conversation is about what should Carlton do when recruiting that is what started this latest round of this topic.
Finding grey areas in semantics is somehow irelevant no?

If you are referring to my want to be correct with terminology, I hardly call the difference between indecent assault and rape to be inconsequential or irrelevant, nor is it semantics. Yes, they are both very serious allegations but it's appropriate to be accurate and I feel it's important to highlight that JDG is not guilty of anything yet.

If you or someone you were close to was accused of such, particularly falsely (not for a second suggesting Jordan is being wrongly accused mind you), I don't think you would be so flippant about it.

The conversation stemmed from discussing Elijah Taylor and someone commenting that it was ridiculous that De Goey was allowed to continue playing whilst facing charges. I find the reverse to be true, which I've spoken on already.

If you are referring to my want to be correct with terminology, I hardly call the difference between indecent assault and rape to be inconsequential or irrelevant, nor is it semantics. Yes, they are both very serious allegations but it's appropriate to be accurate and I feel it's important to highlight that JDG is not guilty of anything yet.

If you or someone you were close to was accused of such, particularly falsely (not for a second suggesting Jordan is being wrongly accused mind you), I don't think you would be so flippant about it.

The conversation stemmed from discussing Elijah Taylor and someone commenting that it was ridiculous that De Goey was allowed to continue playing whilst facing charges. I find the reverse to be true, which I've spoken on already.
If I was referring to you or anyone else in particular I would have said so..............Mine was a general comment to say basically nobody is right or wrong but we wont recruit anybody with such a reputation be it fair or unfairly gained.

Very very true, that no one was charged after Jack Stevens stabbing is a disgrace and shows a distinct differentiation that is dangerous and also dehumanising and exposes a major flaw in the system, also that there was no outcry at this lack of consequences says volumes about societies current views on domestic abuse.

Do you know what happened though? I mean, it was reported he suffered a stab wound of some description, but you or we don’t know if that happened after he did something to her, or if he did it to himself.
Im not sure if you are, but it seems you are saying that there was no reaction because it was a man who was possibly a victim, whilst I agree there is a stigma around this type of domestic abuse, it’s not the best to be making assumptions about what has happened here.

what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty obvious Jack Steven associates with a few criminals , it was well publicised after his stabbing incident he refused to cooperate with police and there is one element of society that has the ethos, the criminal element . He was never going to see out his contract and his retirement would not have been by choice . Have heard for years that he may be a fan of the devils lettuce .

My father passed away last week, yesterday was his funeral, he was a lifelong Blues supporter, I loved watching matches with him, when his parents were alive they were members and season ticket holders every year, RIP.

We even got the Carlton theme song to play at his service, it was brilliant.

My father passed away last week, yesterday was his funeral, he was a lifelong Blues supporter, I loved watching matches with him, when his parents were alive they were members and season ticket holders every year, RIP.

Sorry for your loss (and ours). Sounds like a top family to have and celebrate.

Sorry for your loss....your family sounds similar to mine, all lifelong Carlton supporters even dating back to when my grandparents emigrated to Australia after the first world war.

My mother passed away a few years back, but I still proudly wear the Blues scarf she used to wear when she went to the footy with family and friends - it's even got the old VFL logo on it!!

FFS.

What bothers me more than this light sentence is the so called 'victim blaming' going on in response to this on social media.

It's not the 1950s anymore. Anyhow his career at AFL level is gone. Unlike in the past, no club will turn a blind eye to what this prick has done and give him a second chance.

FFS.

What bothers me more than this light sentence is the so called 'victim blaming' going on in response to this on social media.

It's not the 1950s anymore. Anyhow his career at AFL level is gone. Unlike in the past, no club will turn a blind eye to what this prick has done and give him a second chance.
Shane Yarran, Andrew Krakeour, Marlion Picket have all recently spent time behind bars. If he gets his life together and plays some decent football in the VFL someone will give him another chance.

FFS.

No one knew the real reason he did what he did ...

Yeah we do, he is a coward who hit someone he had every physical advantage over ... that is all we need to know

Shane Yarran, Andrew Krakeour, Marlion Picket have all recently spent time behind bars. If he gets his life together and plays some decent football in the VFL someone will give him another chance.

Maybe. Just not with us (hopefully).

Actions should have consequences, I think should he be blacklisted for life from the AFL. He pleaded and was found guilty of spousal abuse and physical and emotional violence in a court of law. He does not deserve a second chance at it imho

Sorry for your loss mate. Unfortunately I didn't have the luck to be raised in a football supporting and going family (but they mean the world to me nonetheless), but I am so glad you got to spend so many precious memories and time at the footy with your Dad.

All the best to you and your family this Christmas :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back