Random Questions Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do the players value change over time?

Examples much appreciated on below:

Ie... Cam Richardson hypothetical

1 - 69 I changed his to his actual score from round 1
2 - 80
3 - bye
4 - 80 183k
5 - 80 234k
6 - 20 244k
7 - dnp
8 - 100 233k - Price drops even after a 100 because his 3 game avg = just 66.7
9 - 50 240k
10 - 80 270k - Big jump here because his 3 week avg has jumped by 20 points

Joel Selwood hypothetical

1 - 24
2 - dnp
3 - 100
4 - 100 505k - After this round the 24 will no longer effect his price but 100 is under par for a player of his price so hell continue to drop
5 - 100 488k
6 - bye
7 - 100 475k
8 - 100 467k
9 - 100 460k
10 - 100 456k - Around here if he were to keep scoring exactly 100 he would start stabilising and his price would plateau.

Cheers!

It works on a 3 'games played' basis, thats why prices don't change until the 3rd game played. Selwood's 24 will really hurt him for the next 2 weeks. 100s for Selwood are under par but we'll use it for arguments sake.

They 'bye' and games missed do not effect your score.

Richardson's openeng price represents an average of 23 while selwoeds represents a score of 118.

Selwood's 24 will only hurt him for one week.

Thats what I ment, but he will have to put in 2 very good performances for him not to drop. Consecutive 160s will still see him drop 20k, but its irrelevant just like Boomers 11 last season.

Breakevens formula?

Just wondered if anyone knew the formula for working out the breakevens. I had a formula from last year that seemed to work ok but I could never really figure out the magic number. Just a few questions.

1. What is this years magic number?
2. Does the magic number change from week to week and if so, how is it calculated?

Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Re: Breakevens formula?

Technically, the magic number stays the same.

What happens, at the start of each season there is a set Total Player Payment (TPP).

After round 3, and every subsequent round, the salary movements are allocated to each player, based on the magic number- however, because there are more rookies going up in early days that others coming down, the total salary in the league needs to be brought back in line with the initial TPP.

Which is why we find premiums need to increase their average in order to keep their salary.

Or yanno- the easier option is to just drop into TS ;) (which is a .net, not a .com - though .com.au will get you there)

Just wondering - if you have 2 emergencies named in the midfield and one of your starting mids doesn't play, which emergency goes in?

The lowest scoring of the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happens with the lockout this week?

So let me get this straight...I select VC (in my case it would be goddard in the backline) Then I have to assign the captaincy to a non playing player and make my other captain (swan) an emergency?

If I'm right I have a problem, because all my mids are playing this week.

So let me get this straight...I select VC (in my case it would be goddard in the backline) Then I have to assign the captaincy to a non playing player and make my other captain (swan) an emergency?

Why does it have to be a mid? For example if you have Cox put him on the field, make him captain and make Smith or whoever your backup ruck is emergency.

Correct!

I'm in the same boat, so I'll just be making one of Swan, Goddard or Pendles captain and giving the VC to one of the others.

RBW_007 said:
Why does it have to be a mid? For example if you have Cox put him on the field, make him captain and make Smith or whoever your backup ruck is emergency.

Nothing stopping you from doing this either.

Pick a player from a bye team on the ground this week (Goodes, Cox, etc,) and just make sure you only have one emergency in the corresponding positional line (i.e. Cox --> Smith, Goodes --> Matera) ;)

I just think with the midfield there's less margin for error, given the uncertainty surrounding whether guys like Lower, Toy, Stanley (DEF), Richardson, Krakouer (FWD) will play. So you'd hate to leave yourself with a zero by taking a gamble on your back/forward lines.

The teams that were on the footy shows last are they going to be the same today or are they going to be made cut the squads from 30 odd players to 20 odd, those squads gave me no help with who to replace who on the field

The teams that were on the footy shows last are they going to be the same today or are they going to be made cut the squads from 30 odd players to 20 odd, those squads gave me no help with who to replace who on the field

The squads on The Footy Show were completely made up and should be disregarded.

Teams will be up as per normal tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back