Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it’s a safe bet that floor tickets will be around $250 to $300 and seats from $180 to $400 going by recent concerts that have been held at Stadiums in Australia.
I paid roughly $160 for Iron Maiden from memory and this was at Rod Laver.

Marvel with the likes of Coldplay, Travis Scott and Oasis have been between $180 and $400. Green Day topped out at $500 with the dynamic pricing in place. The stadiums are sadly more expensive
I can't recall what I paid for for the Metallica Death Magnetic tour. Over $150 for sure though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a great fan of the IDF but the cleared the Earth of a Rat last night
Yep. Behind the October attack that killed 1200 israelis. Defined as a war criminal by the ICJ. Also defined were Netanyahu and Golant for creating famine in Gaza . Not to mention the 15000 children killed by Israeli/US bombs. Never mentioned in our mainstream media which is intimidated by pro Israeli lobby. Shameful.

Think it’s a safe bet that floor tickets will be around $250 to $300 and seats from $180 to $400 going by recent concerts that have been held at Stadiums in Australia.
I snagged tickets to Oasis at $432 each.

Which I reckon is now the going price for major draws.

Metallica? Not sure they’d sell out stadiums anymore.

My father died on the 12 October... he was 91 almost 92, and I had been providing care and assistance since 2012. Even though I had to tell him he was dying, and then be with him for the next 10 days until he actually did, I can't seem to process it properly... I keep wondering why he hasn't called yet...

He used to call me at least 4 or 5 times a week, and sometimes 3 or 4 times a day, until the last few weeks. I'd end up exasperated! Each week I took him out for coffee on Friday afternoon, and for coffee and shopping on Saturday mornings, and to mass on Sundays; the only exceptions were Swans home games (if he was well). He had a wonderful life, my dad. He was fit, active and social, and had a friends everywhere... He was never ill until he hit 85, very rarely grumpy, and believed in courtesy and kindness as a way of life. I'm 62, nearly 63, and he has been a part of my life every step of the way. He was lonely in the end... the last of his generation, no-one left alive with the same memories... he'd watched them all die while he was left living.

He had survived a stoke at 85 with some minor issues and the need for a catheter; lived through an atypical skin cancer that ate its way through his skull at left a hole the size of 10c piece in his forehead, and the four weeks of radiation therapy that followed it at 88; and a brain bleed that covered the whole left side of his brain, and the consulting neurosurgeon who asked 'how long do you want live for?' at 89; and Covid at 90. Since 2014, he has lived with active trigeminal neuralgia, and because he was allergic to Tegretol (the commonly used medication), they tried to control it with industrial levels of Gabapentin, Sodium Valproate and Amitriptyline; which slowed his thoughts, dulled his memory and ruined his balance, but sometimes was able to keep him pain free for 6 - 8 weeks at a time. And then he caught a cold... which turned into a chest infection, and never got out of bed again and steadily losing more and more weight. 8 weeks later he was dead.

I ran around doing all the organising required, sorting through his stuff, and getting all the things that need to be done, done; expecting that when it was finished I would then have time to grieve. But it feels like the path of grief is blocked, and although I yearn to do so, I haven't yet cried, not properly. I went back to work this week, and I know the dam wall is right there in the forefront of my brain... waiting for one little crack to appear, and then it will all come gushing out... I think I might go and see a grief counsellor if I haven't cried by next week. Can't be good, feels awful, and I don't think I'll be able to move on until I cry for him, my lonely old dad...

I wrote this out hoping that I would start to cry, but it hasn't happened and I can't seem to delete the post. Don't feel sorry for me, I'm really very lucky! Most people don't get to have their Mum until she's 85 and their Dad until he's 91...

Remove this Banner Ad

Random Random Thoughts Rebooted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back