Rank Your Top 5 Sporting Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

JimBob10

Debutant
Oct 7, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm watching the Australian Cricket team and it just occurred to me that I have lost all connection with them. As a kid I used to watch test matches religiously and attend every summer but I now no longer care. FWIW they used to be my second favourite team but have slipped considerably.

Here are my top 5:

1. Collingwood

Daylight

2. Socceroos

Daylight

3. Melbourne Victory
4. Red Bull Racing (Ricciardo)
5. Australian Cricket team

1. Collingwood
2. Pittsburgh Steelers
3. Manchester City
4. Pittsburgh Penguins
5. Boston Celtics

Collingwood the easy number 1 for me, really like the NFL though. Like OP I have lost connection with cricket. I really try to watch it but it's hard when we are performing so poorly, i dunno i guess I don't have the passion, like when Collingwood perform poorly I still watch every week. So cricket has fallen a bit down for me.

1.Collingwood 1928 Premiership side
2.Collingwood 1929 Premiership side
3.Collingwood 1930 Premiership side
4.Collingwood 1990 Premiership side
5.Collingwood 2010 Premiership side

Collingwood 1927 Premiership side unlucky to miss.

Collingwood AFL
Collingwood VFL
Collingwood AFL Women's team
Collingwood Netball team
Collingwood Little League

Nb soft spot for
Wallabies
Red Bull F1
Test Cricket team
Rebels
Storm
Victory
Soccaroos
Newcastle EPL
Barcelona
Brighton Seagulls
San Francisco 49's
Red Sox

Last edited:
Collingwood
Chicago Bulls circa Jordan
West Indies circa Viv Richards
Melbourne Storm
Queensland NRL State of Origin

Just the Pies.

Like many, I used to follow cricket, especially Test cricket. But I haven't been to a match in 15 years, and I'm an MCC member! That's how much I've gone 'off' cricket.

No matter how bad the Pies get - and we could get a lot worse from here - I'll never stop following them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1- Pies
2 - Vancouver Canucks
3 - LA Lakers
4 - San Diego Chargers
5 - Liverpool

Just wondering why you like he Suns way more then Collingwood?
I guess basketball was my first sport as a kid and i use to love sir charles barkley and i just kept following the suns.

The pies were my favorite there for a lot of years when the standard was awesome. Since the 2 new teams come in you have to make up around 80 more players and the standard just doesn't cut in anymore and i just have lost a fair bit of interest in the game. Ill always buy my membership and support them but they just aren't my first choice know more by a fair margin.

1.) Collingwood
2.) Collingwood VFL
3.) Victoria Bushrangers
4.) Melbourne Stars
5.) Australian cricket team
6.) Melbourne storm

While I follow Ricciardo and by extension RBR I've got no loyalty to the team and the lack of free to air races makes following the sport hard. V8 supercars is similar. While I'll probably take an interest in our women's team and to a lesser extent our netball team they haven't kicked off yet and I don't know how invested I'll be. The national cricket team would have been number 2 a few years back, but outside a couple of players I don't like the style and/or personalities of most and that's caused me to lose interest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rank Your Top 5 Sporting Teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Back