Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone actually complaining about what Brian does needs to seriously have a think about themselves, this is not afl.com, this is not a place riddled with facts, it's an Internet forum where anyone can say anything, but we are so lucky to get word from 3 guys who don't have to say anything if they don't want to, without their presence we may as well just keep refreshing afl.com or whatever waiting for trade news.

Anyone actually complaining about what Brian does needs to seriously have a think about themselves, this is not afl.com, this is not a place riddled with facts, it's an Internet forum where anyone can say anything, but we are so lucky to get word from 3 guys who don't have to say anything if they don't want to, without their presence we may as well just keep refreshing afl.com or whatever waiting for trade news.
Whether he's right or wrong, it's still something. It's a bit of entertainment in the least, it's fun to think about those trades going through.

To be fair I think that was a big chance until Patton got hurt. And we were into Boyd, but the Dogs got rabid. Events overtake what he tells us, but at that moment I think they are in play. I love to hear it, but wonder if it harms us. I have felt anxious these last few days about things, so he has helped calm me down! I accept it may not all happen.

Yeah I heard we looked at getting one of Patton, Boyd or Cameron. We put work into all of them at different stages. Cameron supposedly got close and we were all into Boyd and would have probably taken him if the Dogs didn't put up a shock and awe offer to him. I try not to shit the Dogs fans too much because that could have been us if he'd chosen us instead.

Carlisle'sE="Dopey BJ, post: 41599639, member: 144330"]Wow big night on BF, taken me 2 hours to catch up and I think I'm with it now but can someone tell me
WHO'S ON FIRST[/QUOTE]

Carlisle is on 1st, but I want to know if Watts is on 2nd.

Just chiming in...

I had some decent run ins with BS a few years back, so am the least to defend him.

However...

I don't see why people have to call bulldust on his info to be honest. Can't people just chill and enjoy the fun rather than play the man?

Regardless of accuracy, I'd say he posts what he hears, as we all do.

As others have posted, things can and do go wrong at the last minute... things beyond the club's control. If you don't want to hear it, then put him on ignore.

Truth is that every single one of us on here would like to get some inside info. That's why we are here. So how about we ease up a bit?

The club is working on dozens of scenarios and probably only 2 or 3 at best will come off. Also remember, that if someone gives him or anyone some info as certain, and he posts it here... who's to say that first person was wrong. All this stuff is hearsay.

Earlier in the year I did some business with Trout. Whilst I don't really want to, I'll post a few snippets of that convo on here as an example of the sort of stuff that happens behind closed doors...

Mate, if they are out of contract or free agents and they fit our requirements, we'll go after them. It's not easy to land them because every other club is into them, and many times they won't leave.

Concern if GWS start winning games it will make it harder for players to leave. Shiel wants to play in the big arenas, so good chance he'd move... not necessarily to us.

Rates Aish and will have a go at him.

So my point here is that we are looking at any or every scenario 24/7.

So how about we just have some fun and celebrate after a deal is done.

None of this "wow thanks for the inside but if it's wrong I'll be pissed off with you" stuff.

You are either happy to hear it or you ain't. If not then ignore it.

Brian needs to stop taking the Internet so seriously. Some of his Tweets are just ridiculous lol. No one even says negative things about him here anymore, and I can't even really remember the last time someone did?

Also constantly reminding everyone what he had mail on and what he got right. We all appreciate the scoop he gives but theirs no reason to big note and act like a dick.

Brian needs to stop taking the Internet so seriously. Some of his Tweets are just ridiculous lol. No one even says negative things about him here anymore, and I can't even really remember the last time someone did?

Also constantly reminding everyone what he had mail on and what he got right. We all appreciate the scoop he gives but theirs no reason to big note and act like a dick.

Seriously i love Brian's content, but he needs to understand that someone doubting you isn't some personal shot. It's the ****ing internet, people don't believe everything they read.

I don't think he's trying to be a big shot though about the other stuff, that's just him trying to disprove the naysayers.

Careful....

image.jpeg

They'll come for you in the night...

Was there a big backlash against Brisn that got deleted? Cause all I read were a few doubtful, but respectful posts from 1 or 2 posters. Hardly worth spitting the dummy for, IMO.

With all due respect, when you big note yourself on the internetz this is generally what happens and you really should be prepared to cop 1 or 2 naysayers on the chin, especially when you have about 40 others who worship you like some god.

He's got his balls on the line now with last nights bulletin now that the wider BigFooty readers are tuning in.

Was there a big backlash against Brisn that got deleted? Cause all I read were a few doubtful, but respectful posts from 1 or 2 posters. Hardly worth spitting the dummy for, IMO.

With all due respect, when you big note yourself on the internetz this is generally what happens and you really should be prepared to cop 1 or 2 naysayers on the chin, especially when you have about 40 others who worship you like some god.
My thoughts exactly. And yeah, I don't remember reading anything in bad taste about him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a conspiracy!
I don't think it is, I think the more simple answer is there's only a few 'calm down' posts as opposed to the flood of 'Brian's speaking (pun intended), OMG, we're getting Player X!!! Yayyyy!!' posts.

I'm getting a little tired of the complete lack of perspective and reading comprehension from a lot of people who should know better though.

Hey guys, does Brian Speaking have a good record? Weird everything he said is treated as 100% fact.
he is treated as a god around here, but he tends to be more miss than hit, just imo. Obviously his info is probably correct when he gets it, but he goes to early and circumstances change reguarly.

not sure why Jaxons isn't spoken about in the same light. Tends to be way more on the money.

he is treated as a god around here, but he tends to be more miss than hit, just imo. Obviously his info is probably correct when he gets it, but he goes to early and circumstances change reguarly.

not sure why Jaxons isn't spoken about in the same light. Tends to be way more on the money.
Has jaxons had any news lately?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

Back