Roast Rants, off-topic banter, who ignores who & what Greg Williams' relatives know

Remove this Banner Ad

16,000 turned up today.

Where were the other 24,000 'true supporters', oops, I mean members?

Good luck getting more Friday/Saturday night games at this rate.

You mean the ones that have already paid for their seats? Not everyone can get to every game and not even Collingwood would pull 40,000 to a Sunday twilight game against the Suns.

Disappointing crowd but it's hardly unexpected.

More important to show up to the Fri/Sat games we do get than the dead end timeslot of today's match.

16,000 turned up today.

Where were the other 24,000 'true supporters', oops, I mean members?

Good luck getting more Friday/Saturday night games at this rate.
After a game like that, THAT'S your "I told you so"?!?

Wow, okay man.

You mean the ones that have already paid for their seats? Not everyone can get to every game and not even Collingwood would pull 40,000 to a Sunday twilight game against the Suns.

Disappointing crowd but it's hardly unexpected.

More important to show up to the Fri/Sat games we do get than the dead end timeslot of today's match.
Average attendance for Coll vs GC = 27,278

Average attendance for StKilda vs GC = 17,542

Pathetic.

Whatever helps people sleep at night? Sounds like the only thing that helps you sleep at night is being the smartest person in the room.
Im guessing he doesn't sleep that much then

As if you're confused. However I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you're not just trying to shine a torch on yourself some more.

I think recent reports prove that players, their families, and club staff read this sort of crap. Probably not every post, but enough so an ill timed headline like yours will be picked up. That's why I say you care more about self aggrandising than you do about the club.

Have some thought of the players as people before you start threads like that is the point.

are you serious, are you saying we cant ask and discuss the topic on if a player might be traded?

the difference between that thread and the fasolo situation is that fasolo was receiving abuse via social media directly to his account

to try and link the two is poor

are you serious, are you saying we cant ask and discuss the topic on if a player might be traded?

the difference between that thread and the fasolo situation is that fasolo was receiving abuse via social media directly to his account

to try and link the two is poor
You've just argued my point and if you weren't desperate to cling on to some sort of credibility to your cry for attention you'd realise that and leave it alone.

Yes you are right that the visibility of abuse and Ill timed comments are important contributors to their impact.

Therefore post what you like, but when you want to lay into a guy while the community, and no doubt the guy himself, is fretting about his health and future, why do it in a way that is most conspicuous to those beyond big footy.

Don't make a thread about it is all - plenty of other threads you could have used. It would still have been in bad taste given the circumstances, but the chances are it would have only registered with the usual suspects and full time lurkers and they're used to posters eating their own

You've just argued my point and if you weren't desperate to cling on to some sort of credibility to your cry for attention you'd realise that and leave it alone.

Yes you are right that the visibility of abuse and Ill timed comments are important contributors to their impact.

Therefore post what you like, but when you want to lay into a guy while the community, and no doubt the guy himself, is fretting about his health and future, why do it in a way that is most conspicuous to those beyond big footy.

Don't make a thread about it is all - plenty of other threads you could have used. It would still have been in bad taste given the circumstances, but the chances are it would have only registered with the usual suspects and full time lurkers and they're used to posters eating their own

hang on a second, you're making it personal now. you've done so a couple of times and i've let it fly but now you're doubling down on it.

how in the hell did what i post come off as a way of crying for attention? the thread wasnt me giving my opinion, all i did was ask others for their opinion. so i'm not sure how that can be seen to be seeking attention?

as for the other bolded parts, that is really far off the mark. can you please tell me what posts of mine in that thread were "laying into him" or how i abused him?

i never did such a thing but the great irony in all of this is you have come in an started criticising me using very emotive labels and accussing me of stuff that i never did

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hang on a second, you're making it personal now. you've done so a couple of times and i've let it fly but now you're doubling down on it.

how in the hell did what i post come off as a way of crying for attention? the thread wasnt me giving my opinion, all i did was ask others for their opinion. so i'm not sure how that can be seen to be seeking attention?

as for the other bolded parts, that is really far off the mark. can you please tell me what posts of mine in that thread were "laying into him" or how i abused him?

i never did such a thing but the great irony in all of this is you have come in an started criticising me using very emotive labels and accussing me of stuff that i never did
If you read our previous posts on this matter you will see the answers to most of your questions and how the tenets of the argument formed and progressed between us, it's pointless repeating them.

I'd say suggesting he be traded is laying into him.

It's hard not to be personal when I think you started the thread for personal reasons and you specifically asked me about your personal motivations.

If you read our previous posts on this matter you will see the answers to most of your questions and how the tenets of the argument formed and progressed between us, it's pointless repeating them.

I'd say suggesting he be traded is laying into him.

It's hard not to be personal when I think you started the thread for personal reasons and you specifically asked me about your personal motivations.

all i asked for was specific posts that support your argument on how i abused him

its a simple request and its unfair to throw the crap you're throwing at me right now without backing it up with the specifc posts you are referring to

so for the last time, please quote the posts in that thread where i abused or laid into mccartin

what i think has happened here, is you are obviously pretty protective and emotional over McCartin and in your defence you've assumed i've done something or posted something that I never had. I simply asked a question and put up some poll questions

all i asked for was specific posts that support your argument on how i abused him

its a simple request and its unfair to throw the crap you're throwing at me right now without backing it up with the specifc posts you are referring to

so for the last time, please quote the posts in that thread where i abused or laid into mccartin

what i think has happened here, is you are obviously pretty protective and emotional over McCartin and in your defence you've assumed i've done something or posted something that I never had. I simply asked a question and put up some poll questions
I never said you did abuse him. Just go back and reread all the posts in order and it is obvious that is not the case.

You mentioned abuse of fasolo being made in a highly visible way. I highlighted that visibility was important to both abuse and Ill timed comments ie. your ill timed comments.

I can't help feeling you are reading what you want to read rather than what is actually there. Dare I say that supports my case on motivation - probably not wise to say so but I can't help myself as it screams of it

I never said you did abuse him. Just go back and reread all the posts in order and it is obvious that is not the case.

You mentioned abuse of fasolo being made in a highly visible way. I highlighted that visibility was important to both abuse and Ill timed comments ie. your ill timed comments.

I can't help feeling you are reading what you want to read rather than what is actually there. Dare I say that supports my case on motivation - probably not wise to say so but I can't help myself as it screams of it

ok so in other words you were wrong. nice. i'd have a guess that you went back looking for the posts, re-read the thread and then realised that i actually never actually abused mccartin or criticised him. i actually didnt even offer up my own opinion on if he should be traded or not

then you've come back and used the exact same argument i did the immediate post before. great originality.

i'll ask the question again, given you seem to want to avoid it:
"please quote the posts in that thread where i abused or laid into mccartin"

ok so in other words you were wrong. nice. i'd have a guess that you went back looking for the posts, re-read the thread and then realised that i actually never actually abused mccartin or criticised him. i actually didnt even offer up my own opinion on if he should be traded or not

then you've come back and used the exact same argument i did the immediate post before. great originality.

i'll ask the question again, given you seem to want to avoid it:
"please quote the posts in that thread where i abused or laid into mccartin"
Wrong about what?

As I said, starting a thread suggesting he should be traded is laying into him. I didn't want to go here, but it's exactly the kind of thing purple would do!

You quote the post where I said you abused him - it is a figment of your imagination!

Wrong about what?

As I said, starting a thread suggesting he should be traded is laying into him. I didn't want to go here, but it's exactly the kind of thing purple would do!

You quote the post where I said you abused him - it is a figment of your imagination!

back peddling at a rate of knots. the amount of spin you are running with is gold. its actually funny now at how disjointed your argument is

the attempted link to alex fasolo. the claim i'm trying to gain attention or make it all about me or an online persona. now you're jumping to throwing damien barretts nickname around like its an insult

as for the "thread suggesting he should be traded is laying into him"... my god.

i think you've had enough internet for today

back peddling at a rate of knots. the amount of spin you are running with is gold. its actually funny now at how disjointed your argument is

the attempted link to alex fasolo. the claim i'm trying to gain attention or make it all about me or an online persona. now you're jumping to throwing damien barretts nickname around like its an insult

as for the "thread suggesting he should be traded is laying into him"... my god.

i think you've had enough internet for today
I haven't back peddled on anything. I stand by everything I've said. Ive disputed some things from your imagination is all.

You knew that was how the thread would be taken, so I don't know why my saying so would drive you to religion.

If purple was a big footy poster, he'd start threads like that, I bet you. Then he'd use the responses as evidence for an exclusive of fan discontent.

I'm trying to respond point by point for ease of understanding but it does make it disjointed, I agree.

Talk about " never put it in writing " I posted this in the aftermath of one of the most deflating and insipid "efforts" from the Saints in years. Not one of my better moments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back