Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on the below please, anyone?

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, D. Heppell, C. Dempsey, B. Ellis, T. Bugg (S. Darley, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, J. Watson, T. Ledger, D. Shiel (J. McDonald, J. Magner)
RUC: S. Mumford, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, D. Smith, D. Pfeiffer (S. Kerridge, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $10,600

Thanks!

You think Hepps is a top 10 defender? Looked great in the NAB Cup but he'll have to drastically lift his Supercoach scores to justify his starting price. Mids look good - have to see if Shiel is named and same for Smedts. Chappy talking up a good season but he is the wrong side of 30. Rest is pretty good - maybe Kerridge/Couch (especially) will struggle to get much game time. Kerridge much more likely to.

Thoughts on the below please, anyone?

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, D. Heppell, C. Dempsey, B. Ellis, T. Bugg (S. Darley, B. Smedts)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, D. Swan, J. Selwood, J. Watson, T. Ledger, D. Shiel (J. McDonald, J. Magner)
FWD: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, P. Chapman, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, D. Smith, D. Pfeiffer (S. Kerridge, T. Couch)
CASH LEFT: $10,600

Thanks!

Good Defenders. Heppell; ? over whether he will move in to Top 10 defenders this year for his price. Dempsey a risk but could pay off. Possibly the Essendon supporter in you?

Mids are pretty good. Swan may miss games mid season again? Watson again injury prone but if he remains fit could be a very consistent premium scorer for his price tag. Good rookies; unsure if Shiel will play early.

Great rucks. 1/3 combo very popular and I've gone the same.

Good forwards. Sidebottom could really break out this year. Couch unlikely to play early after not being upgraded yesterday.

Overall 8/10

My side, reviews would be much appreciated.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Scotland, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Hargrave, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (A. Tomlinson, T. Bugg)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Priddis, J. Selwood, D. Smith, L. Brown (C. Smith, T. Ledger)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, B. Smedts, A. Kennedy, T. Dickson (J. Cameron, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $41,800

I actually never rate most Essendon supporters SC teams, last year they all had Hille, Ryder, Hurley, Watson. This year Dempsey, Watson, Heppell.

The only decent choice is Watson, even then I wouldn't have a bar of it. You can roll the dice on Dempsey if you want, a rookie would be better. And Heppell is just not a good enough scorer to justify his price tag.

You think Hepps is a top 10 defender? Looked great in the NAB Cup but he'll have to drastically lift his Supercoach scores to justify his starting price. Mids look good - have to see if Shiel is named and same for Smedts. Chappy talking up a good season but he is the wrong side of 30. Rest is pretty good - maybe Kerridge/Couch (especially) will struggle to get much game time. Kerridge much more likely to.
I think Heppell will definitely be a Top 10 defender...mark my words ;)
EFC don't take the NAB Cup seriously usually and we definitely haven't htis year.
Yep, certainly keeping the eyes peeled on R1 teams for the rookies.

Good Defenders. Heppell; ? over whether he will move in to Top 10 defenders this year for his price. Dempsey a risk but could pay off. Possibly the Essendon supporter in you?

Mids are pretty good. Swan may miss games mid season again? Watson again injury prone but if he remains fit could be a very consistent premium scorer for his price tag. Good rookies; unsure if Shiel will play early.

Good forwards. Sidebottom could really break out this year. Couch unlikely to play early after not being upgraded yesterday.

Overall 8/10
Actually, the Essendon supporter in me says not to pick Dempsey, lol.
Yeah, I worry about Swan, but I think he is over his worries.
Not too fussed about Couch as Melbourne have LTIs and can upgrade as late as they like (i.e. at the release of R1 teams).

I actually never rate most Essendon supporters SC teams, last year they all had Hille, Ryder, Hurley, Watson. This year Dempsey, Watson, Heppell.

The only decent choice is Watson, even then I wouldn't have a bar of it. You can roll the dice on Dempsey if you want, a rookie would be better. And Heppell is just not a good enough scorer to justify his price tag.
Anyone that had Hille, Ryder & Hurley in their teams last year were stupid--especially Hille.
Watson was in Brownlow-winning form (and lead the count) until he was injured last year.
Heppell will seriously improve this year even though last year he was in our Top 3 (and should've won the Crichton).
Dempsey...well, he's the midpricer that's shown the most compared to Lake, Hargrave & Davis.

Anyone that had Hille, Ryder & Hurley in their teams last year were stupid--especially Hille.
Watson was in Brownlow-winning form (and lead the count) until he was injured last year.
Heppell will seriously improve this year even though last year he was in our Top 3 (and should've won the Crichton).
Dempsey...well, he's the midpricer that's shown the most compared to Lake, Hargrave & Davis.

Eggs, all in the one basket.

3 non-rookies from one team is much. I wouldn't even have 3 Collingwood or Geelong non-rookies, let alone Essendon.

It's your choice.

Please rate and give advice to my teams.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Hurn, Lake, Townsend, Smedts (Morris, Wilkes)

M: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, S.Thompson, D.Smith, Clifton (McDonald, Magner)

R; Sandilands, Maric (Giles, Stepenson)

F: Buddy, Pavlich, Cyril, Martin, Porpz, Treloar, Saad (Weedon, Kerridge)

Please rate and give advice to my teams.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Hurn, Lake, Townsend, Smedts (Morris, Wilkes)

M: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, S.Thompson, D.Smith, Clifton (McDonald, Magner)

R; Sandilands, Maric (Giles, Stepenson)

F: Buddy, Pavlich, Cyril, Martin, Porpz, Treloar, Saad (Weedon, Kerridge)

Upgrade Hurn.

R1 and R2 start again. Believe Sandi is injured...?

Mine for review (have reviewed several!)

Back: Goddard, Shaw, Newman, Carrazzo, Malceski >>> Ellis, Bugg, Morris, Brown

Mid: Ablett, Murphy, Mitchell, Montagna >>> D Smith, Magner, McDonald, Ledger

Ruck: Hale >>> Giles, Orrenson, Redden

Forward: Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Cloke, N Riewoldt, Porplyzia >>> Saad, Hall, Smedts

Feedback please!

Hepps won't get the easy points he got last year from playing at half back and the sweeper role - he also has to compete for midfield time with a number of other players. Plus he's also now a marked man because of last season. He's just way too expensive and a huge risk. Quality player, poor Supercoach choice.

Watson I can see - though maybe Thompson is a better pick around that price given the Crows fixture. Dempsey I don't mind (actually think he's less of a risk than Lake) - but if you are picking Dempsey, who played the Heppell role in the NAB Cup, why are you also picking Hepps? Then of course you have the bye issue.

I've actually seen a fellow Bombers supporter pick Gumbleton in their SuperCoach team. I'm trying to work out who are more deluded - some of our own supporters or Carltons. :D

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Malceski, Hargrave, Ellis, Bugg,
Darley, Morris.

Mids: Pendlebury, Ablett, Boyd, S Thompson, Caddy, Magner,
Kennedy, Shiel.

Rucks: Mumford, Giles,
Redden, Stephenson.

FWDS: Franklin, Fyfe, Chapman, Martin, Porplyzia, D Smith, Pfeiffer,
Hall, Dickson, T

I still have $147K burning a hole in my pocket which is making me trigger happy - but I think this is it. I know Malceski at D4 is a risk, but it's one I'm prepared to take. Injury free he is easily a top 5 defender. Would love your thoughts guys.

Hepps won't get the easy points he got last year from playing at half back and the sweeper role - he also has to compete for midfield time with a number of other players. Plus he's also now a marked man because of last season. He's just way too expensive and a huge risk. Quality player, poor Supercoach choice.

Watson I can see - though maybe Thompson is a better pick around that price given the Crows fixture. Dempsey I don't mind (actually think he's less of a risk than Lake) - but if you are picking Dempsey, who played the Heppell role in the NAB Cup, why are you also picking Hepps? Then of course you have the bye issue.

I've actually seen a fellow Bombers supporter pick Gumbleton in their SuperCoach team. I'm trying to work out who are more deluded - some of our own supporters or Carltons. :D

Haha well I will never forget the Mrs' old man (Essendon Supporter) say 'Gumbleton will win a Brownlow one day', but then it could appear us Blues are getting a bit ahead of ourselves too given recent (albeit NAB Cup) form.

Would anyone mind rating my team posted a few posts above. Got skipped over. Cheers

Mine for review (have reviewed several!)

Mid: Ablett, Murphy, Mitchell, Montagna >>> D Smith, Magner, McDonald, Ledger

Forward: Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Cloke, N Riewoldt, Porplyzia >>> Saad, Hall, Smedts

Feedback please!

Think Newman an upgrade target given the Tiges start to the season - besides Lids is a better target given the extra time he will have in the midfield this season. I actually really like the Montagna pick - its no mistake he dropped away last year in the absence of Lenny Hayes - but he also had injury issues and the fact the Saints played in two GFs the year before - I haven't seen him in many teams and I think you could be on a winner with him. With Lenny back doing the grunt work and a full pre-season and the Saints easy draw he's just a really good selection I reckon - obviously a bit of a risk but he's only 28 years of age and ex-top line Supercoacher.

Can see you've gone different with a few picks - the Hale one for example - nice work. NRoo and Porps are risks obviously, but overall think you've got a good mix of proven performers and a couple out of the box that could turn golden. :thumbsu:

Its frustrating. Changed it up to many times already. Thinking it will be an ok team. Would love heaps of criticism. I don't think smelts and spurr are going to play who could I replace them with I have not watched much of the nab cup, any ideas

Backs:Goddard Delidio Shaw Ellis Spurr Smedts Darley ( Bugg, Morris)

Mids: Pendles, Ablett, Boyd, Murphey, Selwood, Ledger (Shiel, Magner)

Rucks : Cox, Giles ( Derickx Stephenson)

Forwards: : Franklin Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Porplyzia, Smith, Kennedy ( Hall, Hampton)

Please someone rate my team, cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall 8/10

My side, reviews would be much appreciated.

DEF: B. Goddard, H. Scotland, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Hargrave, M. Clarke, B. Ellis (A. Tomlinson, T. Bugg)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Murphy, M. Priddis, J. Selwood, D. Smith, L. Brown (C. Smith, T. Ledger)
FWD: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, B. Smedts, A. Kennedy, T. Dickson (J. Cameron, S. Kerridge)
CASH LEFT: $41,800

Yep, pretty solid - obviously like most of us you'll be scanning team sheets this week and next to see if your rookies get named. I really know next to nothing about Hargrave and his form - the rest is :thumbsu:

Its frustrating. Changed it up to many times already. Thinking it will be an ok team. Would love heaps of criticism. I don't think smelts and spurr are going to play who could I replace them with I have not watched much of the nab cup, any ideas

Backs:Goddard Delidio Shaw Ellis Spurr Smedts Darley ( Bugg, Morris)

Mids: Pendles, Ablett, Boyd, Murphey, Selwood, Ledger (Shiel, Magner)

Rucks : Cox, Giles ( Derickx Stephenson)

Forwards: : Franklin Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Porplyzia, Smith, Kennedy ( Hall, Hampton)

Please someone rate my team, cheers

Not sure about Smedts' Job security.
Spurr is still on the rookie list - if he gets elevated today, then that would point to him playing round 1. You probably need another premium in your backline. I'd downgraded one of your premiums in the midfield, then upgrade. Better rookies in the mids too.

Love the selection of Pendles - yes he's expensive and may go down in price - but he won't let you down, and while everyone else is waiting to upgrade to him, you'll be enjoying those extra 10 to 20 points a week.

I'd swap Derriyx for Redden.

Forward line looks great - although not sure about Hampton - will play, but not sure about his scoring potential - might be a better rookie selection, like Pfieffer...

Backs: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, G. Broughton, C. Dempsey, B. Ellis, B. Smedts
(S. Darley, S. Shaw)
Mids: G. Ablett, D. Swan, J. Selwood, J. Watson, C. Smith, D. Smith
(A. Kennedy, J. Magner)
Rucks: S. Mumford, J. Giles
(J. Redden, O. Stephenson)
Fwds: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, A. Saad, C. Hampton
(S. Kerridge, C. Dell'Ollio)

$137,800

I need to change one of Swan, Selwood or Watson as they all have their bye in the same round. I'm looking at someone from the first round of byes. Priddis? Rockliff?

Not sold on my forward rookies but they're easily fixed.

Thoughts overall?

Thanks!:thumbsu:

Think Newman an upgrade target given the Tiges start to the season - besides Lids is a better target given the extra time he will have in the midfield this season. I actually really like the Montagna pick - its no mistake he dropped away last year in the absence of Lenny Hayes - but he also had injury issues and the fact the Saints played in two GFs the year before - I haven't seen him in many teams and I think you could be on a winner with him. With Lenny back doing the grunt work and a full pre-season and the Saints easy draw he's just a really good selection I reckon - obviously a bit of a risk but he's only 28 years of age and ex-top line Supercoacher.

Can see you've gone different with a few picks - the Hale one for example - nice work. NRoo and Porps are risks obviously, but overall think you've got a good mix of proven performers and a couple out of the box that could turn golden. :thumbsu:

Cheers for the feedback, N Roo is undervalued and is fit. If he was a midfielder I wouldn't pick him, but he is a Forward so I am happy to roll the dice!

My team once more:

Mid: Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Montagna >>> D Smith, Magner, McDonald, Ledger

The question I want answered: Should I downgrade Malceski to a rookie (who? what are the defenders' rookie stocks looking like?) And Upgrade Hale to a premium? (Cox most likely)

Big risk but looking to up grade during the year.

Backs: M Golby, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, C. Dempsey, B. Ellis, B Lake, R Hargrave(Bower, Bugg)
Mids: G. Ablett, Boyd, mitchell, thompson, parker, caddy
(A miles, J. Magner)
Rucks:Krueser, Hale
(J. Redden, Giles)
Fwds: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, J. Porplyzia,Dangerfield, J Reidwolt, Ballentyne, Smith
(Cripps, Kennedy)

Big risk but looking to up grade during the year.

Backs: M Golby, B. Deledio, G. Broughton, C. Dempsey, B. Ellis, B Lake, R Hargrave(Bower, Bugg)
Mids: G. Ablett, Boyd, mitchell, thompson, parker, caddy
(A miles, J. Magner)
Rucks:Krueser, Hale
(J. Redden, Giles)
Fwds: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, J. Porplyzia,Dangerfield, J Reidwolt, Ballentyne, Smith
(Cripps, Kennedy)

Have not seen a genuine mid price strategy this year. This year is far more conducive to it than last, as there is a drastic short supply of rookies.

Now you say you're going to upgrade during the year, but where's the cash coming from? Going to downgrade some mid pricers? Otherwise you don't have enough cows to get real premiums.

I would recommend saving money on rucks by going 1-3

Kruezer - crap, get someone else.

Other than that, I will wait for your reply.

Cheers for the feedback, N Roo is undervalued and is fit. If he was a midfielder I wouldn't pick him, but he is a Forward so I am happy to roll the dice!

My team once more:

Mid: Ablett, Swan, Mitchell, Montagna >>> D Smith, Magner, McDonald, Ledger

The question I want answered: Should I downgrade Malceski to a rookie (who? what are the defenders' rookie stocks looking like?) And Upgrade Hale to a premium? (Cox most likely)

Yes I would downgrade Malceski. To who, I'm not sure (I'm waiting on line ups/late mail) but I just think he's too much of an injury risk. Especially considering you have Porps as well. Also can't say I'm a huge Carrazzo fan so if you were to get rid of Malceski I'd look at someone else (Birchall, Fisher, Scotland).

Here's mine. Would love some feedback.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G. Birchall, G. Broughton, H. Shaw, B. Ellis, M. Clarke (B. Smedts, T. Bugg)

MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, D. Pfeiffer, T. Ledger, L. Brown (J. McDonald, J. Magner)

RUC: S. Mumford, M. Kreuzer (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)

FWD: L. Franklin, C. Rioli, D. Martin, S. Sidebottom, P. Dangerfield, D. Smith, J. Cameron (A. Hall, G. Weedon)

I'm debating dropping Clarke and getting one of the top GWS draft picks in place of Pfeiffer who I'm not 100% sold on and obviously the rookies will change but I'm pretty happy with the core of the team.

Posted this side a few pages back any thoughts?

DEF: Goddard, Broughton, Burgoyne, Malceski, Lake, Hargrave, B.Ellis (Mohr, Bugg)

MID: Pendlebury, Ablett, Priddis, J.Selwood, D.Smith, Pfeiffer (C.Smith, Ledger)

RUC: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)

FWD: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, N.Riewoldt, Harper, Porplyzia, Saad (Cameron, Hampton)

$6,500 left over.

Cheers

Where does the cash come from. It is a combination looking at some of these medium tier being able to step up to premium like Hargraves & Golby down back. PLayers like bower, ellis & Dempsey to add 100-150K so they can be upgraded whilst adding in the next cash cow. With GWS will be experiementing with players so having the ability to add into the mix. Also looking at injuries through the year give opportunities to younger players to also step up. This stratagy allow me to take advantage of this through out the year.

Krues will be solid, if I can average 80-90 from him and hale I will be very happy and they will have the odd games that score over 100.

Mids like parker & Caddy can average 80's for some time then the rise in price will allow for a premium who has a slower start to the year. Finding balance will be tough but trying a different stratagy this year.

Really trying to find that bottom mid tier player that can build thier average upto the 80-90 mark. Hopefully that is what I have and will give me a advantage through the year.

Hey guys, would love some feedback on my team.

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Dempsey, Lake, Ellis
(Bugg, Morris)

MIDS: Ablett, Boyd, Mitchell, Masten, L.Parker, Ledger
(Magner, Miles)

RUCKS: Mumford, Giles
(Redden, Stephenson)

FWDS: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, D.Smith, A.Kennedy
(Weedon, Dickson)

I just put together this side rather quickly. I know changes are going to be made.

Would appreciate thoughts?

B - Goddard, Deledio, H.Shaw, Broughton, Hargrave, Bugg, Morris
(Spurr, Smedts)

C - Ablett, Thomas, Bartel, Dangerfield, Coniglio, Wingard
(Shiel, Magner)

R - Sandilands, Giles
(Redden, Stephenson)

F - Franklin, Martin, Sidebottom, Goodes, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Saad
(Pfeiffer, Weedon)

$375,600 left over. Obviously going to use to upgrade certain areas but this was put together pretty quickly.

Rate a team guys and I will rate yours.

Beachy: That's ok, but it still be a struggle to find lose change with limited rookies to sell out. If they all average 85 for arguments sake, you have an average score around 2k with your 8-10 premiums.

I know you get better security with mids, but you may have too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back