Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2nd crack at my team. Any further suggestions will be appreciated.

Back:
Scotland, Deledio, Broughton, Suckling, Lake, R.Hargrave, Docherty (Smedts,S Morris)

Mids:
Ablett, Murphy, Boyd, Trengove, Coniglio, Shiel (Mitchell, Magner)

Rucks:
H. McIntosh, Leuenbeger (Giles, Stepensen)

Forwards:
Franklin, Chapman, D Martin, Zaharakis, D Smith, Saad, T Walsh (Treloar, T Dickson)

72K left in the bank.

Thanks

2nd crack at my team. Any further suggestions will be appreciated.

Back:
Scotland, Deledio, Broughton, Suckling, Lake, R.Hargrave, Docherty (Smedts,S Morris)

Mids:
Ablett, Murphy, Boyd, Trengove, Coniglio, Shiel (Mitchell, Magner)

Rucks:
H. McIntosh, Leuenbeger (Giles, Stepensen)

Forwards:
Franklin, Chapman, D Martin, Zaharakis, D Smith, Saad, T Walsh (Treloar, T Dickson)

72K left in the bank.

Thanks

Downgrade either Lake or Hargrave and upgrade Trengove to an elite

Looks good except for L. Spurr, he's a rookie and freo don't have any upgrades avaliable at this stage.

Apart from that like your work, ruck combo is an interesting one :thumbsu:

i have 129,100 left, any tips on what to try do with it?

Hi All this is my first time picking a fantasy team and would like your advice my team is currently.

Backs:
Goddard, B, Adcock, J, Johncock, G, Selwood, A, Suban, N, Tarrant, C, Hunt, K Sub: Brown, L, Wilkes, B

Mids:
Ablett, G, Bartel, J, Cassisi, D, Sloane, R, Varcoe, T, Coniglio, S Sub: Adams, T, Treloar, A

Rucks:
Cox, D, Maric, I Subs: Giles, J Stephenson, O

Forwards:
Fyfe, N, Pavlich, M, Cloke, T, Dangerfield, P, Porplyzia, J, Smith, D, Hall, A, Subs: Kerridge, S Roberts, F

I have $33,800 left so please tell me what i should change thanks for your help.

Now the observant will notice I'm going with a unique and very high risk/high reward ruck strategy, but no point playing safe! Would enjoy some feedback on my team (note all rookie selections subject to upgrade/rd 1 selection)

Blurter101. Salary cap left: $29,900.

Brendon Goddard, Heath Scotland, Heath Shaw, Corey Enright, Greg Broughton, Matt Suckling, Brian Lake
Brandon Ellis, Sam Darley

Gary Ablett jnr, Dane Swan, Luke Hodge, Clay Smith, Tom Ledger, Anthony Miles
Harry Cunningham, James Magner

Jonathan Giles, Jarrad Redden
Orren Stephenson, Tom Campbell

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Nathan Fyfe, Matthew Pavlich, Dustin Martin, Devon Smith, Aaron Hall
Sam Kerridge, Tom Couch

I dont mind the risk taken with the rucks. The only negative i see is if they do fail, you have no trade out equity, that is you will need to double trade to fix. But fair enough, if you want to risk it, then go for it.

BTW, I'm going 1 midpricer and 1 rookie in the ruck to limit the risk somewhat. No super premium ruck in my team either.

The rest of your team looks good but i'd want to see a better midfield than that for all the ruck cash you have freed up. There is decent value in the backline this year so i think you should be loading up elsewhere. Bugg, Darley, Clarke, Bower, Hargraves, Lake etc show that you dont need 6 premos. I think the extra high scoring midfielder would be better.

When you do see cox killing it, you will want to point to your extra midfielder 4 in Hodge to offset him. If hodge is m3, then that wont cut it. And i dont think Suckling will offset Cox either.

Despite nitpicking, i like your team and have gone close to the same level. And i agree, it is worth risking it all in this game to define something different from the mainstream!

Hi All this is my first time picking a fantasy team and would like your advice my team is currently.

Backs:
Goddard, B, Adcock, J, Johncock, G, Selwood, A, Suban, N, Tarrant, C, Hunt, K Sub: Brown, L, Wilkes, B

Mids:
Ablett, G, Bartel, J, Cassisi, D, Sloane, R, Varcoe, T, Coniglio, S Sub: Adams, T, Treloar, A

Rucks:
Cox, D, Maric, I Subs: Giles, J Stephenson, O

Forwards:
Fyfe, N, Pavlich, M, Cloke, T, Dangerfield, P, Porplyzia, J, Smith, D, Hall, A, Subs: Kerridge, S Roberts, F

I have $33,800 left so please tell me what i should change thanks for your help.

Hate to say this, but you can do a lot better with your backline in my opinion. Try to aim for four premiums and 3 rookies on the field. Downgrade Suban, Tarrant and Hunt, and upgrade Adcock, Johncock and Selwood to high end premiums. Then pick up rookies like Smedts, Ellis, Morris and Bugg who are looking good, and can do just as well as Hunt and Tarrant. A better line, but I think you have too many awkwardly priced players, and your sacrificing the true premiums. My midfield has three premiums and three rookies. So look for Miles, Clay Smith, etc. Then pick up the top scorers. Don't mind the rucks. Maric is risky, but could work. Great line, best of them all. Wouldn't change a thing, other than drop Roberts for Cameron.

Good luck,

Hi all. I think my team needs a bit of fine tuning. Had a difficult time with the forwards and defenders. Let me know what you think of my team. Nothing is set in concrete as yet, so happy for any advice.

Backs: Goddard, Yarran, Hanley, Conca, T.Armstrong (Sydney), Lake, Clarke (Collingwood)
Reserves: B.Ellis (Rich), B.Wilkes

Mids: Ablett, Swan, S.Thompson (Adelaide), Watson, Scotland, J McDonald (GWS) Reserves: N Haynes (GWS), J Magner

Rucks: H McIntosh, I Maric.
Reserves: J Giles (GWS), O Stephenson

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, A.Saad (St.Kilda), T.Walsh (Sydney)
Reserves: B.Smedts (Geelong), Z.Skinner (WBDogs)

Thanks and I look forward to hearing anything. Cheers

Hi all. I think my team needs a bit of fine tuning. Had a difficult time with the forwards and defenders. Let me know what you think of my team. Nothing is set in concrete as yet, so happy for any advice.

Backs: Goddard, Yarran, Hanley, Conca, T.Armstrong (Sydney), Lake, Clarke (Collingwood)
Reserves: B.Ellis (Rich), B.Wilkes

Mids: Ablett, Swan, S.Thompson (Adelaide), Watson, Scotland, J McDonald (GWS) Reserves: N Haynes (GWS), J Magner

Rucks: H McIntosh, I Maric.
Reserves: J Giles (GWS), O Stephenson

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes, Zaharakis, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, A.Saad (St.Kilda), T.Walsh (Sydney)
Reserves: B.Smedts (Geelong), Z.Skinner (WBDogs)

Thanks and I look forward to hearing anything. Cheers

For starters mate. Get more rookies on the ground. Team is too heavy and clogged with too many mid-pricers IMO. Look hard enough around on this forum and you will find the right ones ;)

I will review the next one that gets posted, but in the interim can someone review this:

The rookies are not set in stone
, that's for sure, but feedback appreciated!

90PNH.png

Scullman, your back line looks pretty risky in my opinion. You have a fair few 'unproven' players and mid pricers.Iid look at moving scotland from your mids to your backline and replace him with a rookie. Then make a choice on 1 or 2 of Yarran, Hanley, Conca, T.Armstrong (Sydney), Lake, Clarke If your keen on going with midpricers.

With your remaining cash grab a premium or two and rookies with the rest.

heres my team if for everyones review and comments :)

Goddard B , Shaw H, Fisher S, Bock N, Ellis B, Smedts B, Bugg T, Webberley J, Darley S

Ablett G, Selwood J, Redden J, Montagna L, Masten C, Clifton S, Smith C, Magner J

Mumford S, Maric I, Giles J, Redden J

Franklin L, Goodes A, Fyfe N, Martin D, Porplyzia J, Smith D, Hampton C, Kerridge S,
Hall A

not sure on Barlow is injured and wont be ready round 1, maybe down grade him to rookie then strengthen your forwards.

my team
Def: goddard, scotland, Delideo, Shaw, Hargrave, Bower, Ellis. (Bugg, Boumann)
Mid: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Watson, C Smith, Magner (Kerridge, Miles)
Ruck: Kreuzer, Redden (Giles, Stephenson)
Fwd: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Riewoldt, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Couch (Pfeiffer, Dickson)

thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will review the next one that gets posted, but in the interim can someone review this:

The rookies are not set in stone
, that's for sure, but feedback appreciated!

90PNH.png

Not a bad team at all. I know you have said the rookies aren't set in stone, and Sierakowski and Brown shouldn't be. Other than them your backline is good. Personally I am aiming to pick up Pendelbury during the year for roughly $40k cheaper. Maybe instead downgrade to Swan and save $40k, and upgrade Priddis to Murphy. I would do that if it was my team. Rookies and rucks are fine. Definitely dump Walsh and find another rookie. Perhaps downgrade Barlow to another rookie like Coniglio, who hopefully performs similarly, and upgrade Cloke to a forward that gets more ball, and pickup Dangerfield.

Cheers,

Goddard B , Shaw H, Fisher S, Bock N, Ellis B, Smedts B, Bugg T, Webberley J, Darley S

Ablett G, Selwood J, Redden J, Montagna L, Masten C, Clifton S, Smith C, Magner J

Mumford S, Maric I, Giles J, Redden J

Franklin L, Goodes A, Fyfe N, Martin D, Porplyzia J, Smith D, Hampton C, Kerridge S,
Hall A

Backs: Not sure about Goddard AND Fisher, but Bock is an inspired choice, could be a good point of difference.

Mids: Redden is interesting, but the stats back him up. Ablett is a must.

Rucks: Loving Mummy clunking contested marks all around the ground. I Maric is rubbish. And as much as his mullet is great, if you are going to upgrade to 2 premium rucks at some point, may as well go 1-3 or 2-2.

Forwards: Good line, not sold or Porpy - I've been bitten before, but you would know more than I!

Overall good, no howlers for mine except Maric.

Someone review mine above? I need to remove Barlow, have 180k in the kitty to do so.

Not a bad team at all. I know you have said the rookies aren't set in stone, and Sierakowski and Brown shouldn't be. Other than them your backline is good. Personally I am aiming to pick up Pendelbury during the year for roughly $40k cheaper. Maybe instead downgrade to Swan and save $40k, and upgrade Priddis to Murphy. I would do that if it was my team. Rookies and rucks are fine. Definitely dump Walsh and find another rookie. Perhaps downgrade Barlow to another rookie like Coniglio, who hopefully performs similarly, and upgrade Cloke to a forward that gets more ball, and pickup Dangerfield.

Cheers,

Good thinking, Barlow is out for Round 1 so swapped him for Dangermouse.

I only put pendles in as I have 850k with the last spot to pick! I prefer Priddis to Murphy, but I have them both now :p

Here is the update with 201k in the kitty (rookies will be changed prior to Rd 1 after proper investigations):

vKEum.png

Any feedback would be great,

Thanks.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Fisher, Hurn, Lake, Smedts, Townsend (Morris, Wilkes)

M: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Martin, Coniglio, Morabito (Magner,Gibson)

R: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Derickx, Stephenson)

F: Buddy, Pavlich, Cyril, N.Roo, Porplyzia, Treloar, Weedon (Kerridge, Lynch)

Good thinking, Barlow is out for Round 1 so swapped him for Dangermouse.

I only put pendles in as I have 850k with the last spot to pick! I prefer Priddis to Murphy, but I have them both now :p

Here is the update with 201k in the kitty (rookies will be changed prior to Rd 1 after proper investigations):

vKEum.png

Walsh hasn't really shown a great deal during the NAB might look other options in his spot

Walsh hasn't really shown a great deal during the NAB might look other options in his spot

Porpy in, 85k remaining. But all the rookies and Porpy will be reconsidered at round 1.

Cheers everyone!

I would be a little concerned with 7 starting rookies at this stage. I wouldn't expect too many to get a go in Round 1 at this stage whether it's due to injury or form.

How many rookies is everyone else starting with? Surely not less than 6!!!!

edit: 6!!

Any feedback would be great,

Thanks.

B: Goddard, Deledio, Fisher, Hurn, Lake, Smedts, Townsend (Morris, Wilkes)

M: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Martin, Coniglio, Morabito (Magner,Gibson)

R: Sandilands, Kreuzer (Derickx, Stephenson)

F: Buddy, Pavlich, Cyril, N.Roo, Porplyzia, Treloar, Weedon (Kerridge, Lynch)

I would try to avoid having 2 keepers on the one line from the same club as you are going to either have to waste a trade or cop an extra 0 during the buy rounds.

Eg. Goddard/ Fisher in defense. Buddy/ Cyril in forwards.

How many rookies is everyone else starting with? Surely not less than 6!!!!

edit: 6!!

syl - I'm not saying that you're the only one doing it, it's just my opinion. Most of the rookies that have had big wraps or have had great NAB cup form have been struck with injury. There are certainly going to be some great options throughout the year, just round 1 is starting to look a little shakey IMO.

I have 5 starting at this stage and I feel like i'm even struggling with that. Smedts and Gibson to name a few, were both looking good for round 1 had pretty ordinary weekends which may hurt their prospects

syl - I'm not saying that you're the only one doing it, it's just my opinion. Most of the rookies that have had big wraps or have had great NAB cup form have been struck with injury. There are certainly going to be some great options throughout the year, just round 1 is starting to look a little shakey IMO.

Then it'll be shakey for everyone! I will just try to get the best early rookies I can as Round 1 approaches. I am not sacrificing guns for mid pricers, they rarely work out.

The magnet will be back for Round 1, I hope.

Ok, so i'm flirting with going for something a little bit different. I'm sure most of you are going to look at this and cringe but happy to hear your thoughts.

It will be pretty easy to tell that I don't rate most of the premium defenders for various reasons. Goddard - don't like his price tag, Deledio - injured and may have a slow start to the year, Fisher - Had him last year and can be a little inconsistent, Broughton - Not sure what to make of him, Birchall - Not sure what his ceiling is, Shaw - Had him before and he gives me s***s etc etc.

The midpricers I have chosen have previously shown that if they can stay on the park, then an 80 - 90 average is in no way beyond them however I know full well that history of injury is where the risk comes in. The plan would be to be able to upgrade these midpricers early to midway through the season to a slightly fallen premium for very little $$$.

At the same time I really rate the forwards this year. In essence, they are so strong, it's almost like having a second midfield so that's where I prefer to put my $$$ to start.

Strength in the midfield goes without saying. Anyway be prepared to scratch your eyes out. Here goes...

B: H. Scotland, N. Malceski, B. Lake, R. Hargrave, P. Bower, B. Ellis, S. Darley (T. Bugg, L. Brown)

M: G. Ablett, D. Swan, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, L. Shuey, S. Clifton (C. Smith, J. Magner)

R: S. Mumford, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)

F: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, S. Johnson, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith (S. Kerridge, T. Couch)

$16k remaining. If i need extra $$$ when finalising the rookies, I will most likely downgrade Murphy to Redden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back