Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so i'm flirting with going for something a little bit different. I'm sure most of you are going to look at this and cringe but happy to hear your thoughts.

It will be pretty easy to tell that I don't rate most of the premium defenders for various reasons. Goddard - don't like his price tag, Deledio - injured and may have a slow start to the year, Fisher - Had him last year and can be a little inconsistent, Broughton - Not sure what to make of him, Birchall - Not sure what his ceiling is, Shaw - Had him before and he gives me s***s etc etc.

The midpricers I have chosen have previously shown that if they can stay on the park, then an 80 - 90 average is in no way beyond them however I know full well that history of injury is where the risk comes in. The plan would be to be able to upgrade these midpricers early to midway through the season to a slightly fallen premium for very little $$$.

At the same time I really rate the forwards this year. In essence, they are so strong, it's almost like having a second midfield so that's where I prefer to put my $$$ to start.

Strength in the midfield goes without saying. Anyway be prepared to scratch your eyes out. Here goes...

B: H. Scotland, N. Malceski, B. Lake, R. Hargrave, P. Bower, B. Ellis, S. Darley (T. Bugg, L. Brown)

M: G. Ablett, D. Swan, M. Murphy, J. Selwood, L. Shuey, S. Clifton (C. Smith, J. Magner)

R: S. Mumford, J. Giles (J. Redden, O. Stephenson)

F: L. Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, S. Johnson, D. Martin, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith (S. Kerridge, T. Couch)

$16k remaining. If i need extra $$$ when finalising the rookies, I will most likely downgrade Murphy to Redden.

Coming from a novice, love the different strategies but that back lines scoring power concerns me for obvious reasons. Will be interesting to see if it comes off if you stick with it! Also, I still worry about S.Johnson's consistency for that price tag coming from a Geelong supporter. The stats probably suggest otherwise...

I need some suggestions! I have 140k in the kitty and still don't like the balance I have with pending changes to rookies...

Back: Goddard, Scotland, Lids, Shaw, Lake, Ellis, Smedts (Bugg, Brown)
Mids: Ablett, Boyd, Selwood, Dangerfield, Winguard, McDonald (Miles, Magner)
Rucks: Mumford, Giles (Stephenson, Redden)
For: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Porps, Tomlinson, Hall (D.Smith, Kerridge)

Any possible improvements, thoughts?

Cheers

Backs: Not sure about Goddard AND Fisher, but Bock is an inspired choice, could be a good point of difference.

Mids: Redden is interesting, but the stats back him up. Ablett is a must.

Rucks: Loving Mummy clunking contested marks all around the ground. I Maric is rubbish. And as much as his mullet is great, if you are going to upgrade to 2 premium rucks at some point, may as well go 1-3 or 2-2.

Forwards: Good line, not sold or Porpy - I've been bitten before, but you would know more than I!

Overall good, no howlers for mine except Maric.

Someone review mine above? I need to remove Barlow, have 180k in the kitty to do so.

thanks for the comments

I have made a few changes, and my team now looks like this

Goddard B , Shaw H, Scotland H, Bock N, Ellis B, Smedts B, Bugg T, Webberley J, Darley S

Ablett G, Selwood J, Redden J, Montagna L, Mcdonald J, Clifton S, Smith C, Magner J

Mumford S, Natanui N, Giles J, Redden J

Franklin L, Goodes A, Fyfe N, Martin D, Porplyzia J, Smith D, Hampton C, Kerridge S, Hall A

Mcdonald is still very much up for review as are all rookies however im happier with the balance I have been able to achieve and have also eliminated the mid pricers (porps excluded) from the original post.

Coming from a novice, love the different strategies but that back lines scoring power concerns me for obvious reasons. Will be interesting to see if it comes off if you stick with it! Also, I still worry about S.Johnson's consistency for that price tag coming from a Geelong supporter. The stats probably suggest otherwise...

I need some suggestions! I have 140k in the kitty and still don't like the balance I have with pending changes to rookies...

Cheers

Pretty balanced all round. Personally I don't like Dangerfield in the Mids as I think there are better scoring options. He's fine for the forwards though if you want to take the gamble on him.

I'd hold on to the cash for now as you have 6 - 7 starting rookies so you may need the $$$ to change them once the teams are announced for round 1.

Premiums are pretty standard and low risk.

Just a couple of Geelong questions for you. Smedts and Big O for round 1, thoughts? Personally I think both are looking a little shakey.

Also Stevie J. looks like he will be spending more time in the midfield this year or am I dreaming? If he does, I think that will help his scores become more consistent.

thanks for the comments

I have made a few changes, and my team now looks like this

Goddard B , Shaw H, Scotland H, Bock N, Ellis B, Smedts B, Bugg T, Webberley J, Darley S

Ablett G, Selwood J, Redden J, Montagna L, Mcdonald J, Clifton S, Smith C, Magner J

Mumford S, Natanui N, Giles J, Redden J

Franklin L, Goodes A, Fyfe N, Martin D, Porplyzia J, Smith D, Hampton C, Kerridge S, Hall A

Mcdonald is still very much up for review as are all rookies however im happier with the balance I have been able to achieve and have also eliminated the mid pricers (porps excluded) from the original post.

Backline looks a little weak with 3 starting rookies in my opinion. The rest of the team looks pretty well balanced like you said. Naitanui is an intersting pick and a point of difference which is a good thing.

Having midpricers is not as evil as some think it is on here, as long as you are confident that they can improve their value and they fit your strategy. There are also the exceptions to the norm where some of them actually become genuine premiums which is a massive bonus.

Cheers

Winning teams usually start with 4 mid premiums, given that's where the bulk of the scoring comes from. Lids is a premium at his best but the Tiges have a bad start to the season fixture wise and he's injured. Might be an upgrade target. Not sure of your rookie mix there without looking at the Supercoach website but if you are going with this format (3 premiums midfield/4 each inthe forward/backline) make sure some of your rooks in midfield can double either as fowards or backs, so you can swap in a Fyfe or someone into your mid as the occasion arises. On the rucks - there seems to be a tendency to start 1.0.3 with the rucks this year (ie premium/midprice/rookie) but they changed the ruck scoring at the start of last year and the rucks through last year had some outstanding scores. I'll probably be starting with 2 premium rucks just because their scoring is close to premium midfield. Obviously though other areas will suffer because of that - the format I have is 3 premiums back, 4, mid, 2 ruck, 3 forward - do have quite a bit of money left over however so I'll reassess things closer to the season opener.

Overall I like your team - great job for a novice and think you have the right idea going forward.

Pretty balanced all round. Personally I don't like Dangerfield in the Mids as I think there are better scoring options. He's fine for the forwards though if you want to take the gamble on him.

I'd hold on to the cash for now as you have 6 - 7 starting rookies so you may need the $$$ to change them once the teams are announced for round 1.

Premiums are pretty standard and low risk.

Just a couple of Geelong questions for you. Smedts and Big O for round 1, thoughts? Personally I think both are looking a little shakey.

Also Stevie J. looks like he will be spending more time in the midfield this year or am I dreaming? If he does, I think that will help his scores become more consistent.

Yeah I have him in the Mids currently knowing I can swap him to forwards utilising DPP rookies. From what I've seen, I'm of the belief that he may explode this year and if he performs as such will become a permanent in my fwd line. Might be wasting a trade if not, but its a decent risk v reward option I believe.

I really like the look from the snippets of Smedts in the NAB cup, also helps that Wojo may be out for a while so I'm hopeful he will play a majority of the games this season as the talent is certainly there. With Big O... a probable cow eventually, but best have a decent R3/4 incase (eg. Giles / Redden).

Stevie J, yeah he will float through the midfield at times but a majority will be spent in the forward half I reckon. Then again, these are only my thoughts! Take from them what you will :D

Winning teams usually start with 4 mid premiums, given that's where the bulk of the scoring comes from. Lids is a premium at his best but the Tiges have a bad start to the season fixture wise and he's injured. Might be an upgrade target. Not sure of your rookie mix there without looking at the Supercoach website but if you are going with this format (3 premiums midfield/4 each inthe forward/backline) make sure some of your rooks in midfield can double either as fowards or backs, so you can swap in a Fyfe or someone into your mid as the occasion arises. On the rucks - there seems to be a tendency to start 1.0.3 with the rucks this year (ie premium/midprice/rookie) but they changed the ruck scoring at the start of last year and the rucks through last year had some outstanding scores. I'll probably be starting with 2 premium rucks just because their scoring is close to premium midfield. Obviously though other areas will suffer because of that - the format I have is 3 premiums back, 4, mid, 2 ruck, 3 forward - do have quite a bit of money left over however so I'll reassess things closer to the season opener.

Overall I like your team - great job for a novice and think you have the right idea going forward.

Appreciate the feedback!

May play around with the structure... Cheers!

Yo, Having given my time a full run down and will change a fair bit before the start of the season (which i'm guessing most people will!) but any critism or advice would be damn handy. Have basically gone with 4 guns and 2 rookies playing in each position with obvious rookies taking up my bench spots, not looking at scoring massive early on either.

Backs: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, G Birchall
D. Heppell, R. Hargrave, M. Clarke, T.Mohr (T.Bugg & S. Morris)

Centre: G. Ablett, M. Boyd, J. Watson
J. Bartel, J. McDonald, T. Mitchell (L. Neale & J. Magner)

Rucks: D. Cox, O. Stephenson (J. Giles & S. Rowe)

Forwards: L. Franklin, N. Fyfe, M. Pavlich
D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, D. Zorko, B. Smedts (A. Hall & T. Dickson)

Cheers!

B: Goddard Deledio Shaw Hanley Lake Ellis Bugg
(Darley Smedts)

M: Pendles Ablett Murphy Boyd Wingard Macdonald
(Smith Magner)

R: Mumford Giles
(Reddan Stephenson)

F: Franklin Fyfe Chapman Martin Porps Smith Saad
(Zorko Trealor)

Thoughts?

Currently deciding between Murphy and Nick Dal Santo.

Thanks for the advice ive made a few changes how does this lineup look?

Backs:
Goddard, B, Scotland, H, Deledio, B, Burgoyne S, Smedts, B, Bugg, T, Morris, S Sub: Brown, L, Wilkes, B

Mids:
Ablett, G, Bartel, J, Thompson S, Sloane, R, Sidebottom, S, Coniglio, S Sub: Adams, T, Treloar, A

Rucks:
Cox, D, Maric, I Subs: Giles, J Stephenson, O

Forwards:
Fyfe, N, Pavlich, M, Cloke, T, Dangerfield, P, Porplyzia, J, Smith, D, Hall, A, Subs: Kerridge, S Cameron, J

Alright, a few changes since the last crack.

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, Ellis, Morris, Smedts, Wilkes
Midfielders: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Ziebell, Treloar, Kavanagh, McDonald, Mitchell
Ruckmen: Mumford, Leuenberger, Giles, Stephenson
Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Porplyzia, Hall, Kerridge, Skinner, Cameron

Thoughts, guys? I think it goes alright, would be interested to see what others think.

And of course, rookies are flexible - I doubt Wilkes will be there Round 1.

Alright, a few changes since the last crack.

Defenders: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Clarke, Ellis, Morris, Smedts, Wilkes
Midfielders: Pendlebury, Ablett, Murphy, Ziebell, Treloar, Kavanagh, McDonald, Mitchell
Ruckmen: Mumford, Leuenberger, Giles, Stephenson
Forwards: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, N.Riewoldt, Porplyzia, Hall, Kerridge, Skinner, Cameron

Thoughts, guys? I think it goes alright, would be interested to see what others think.

And of course, rookies are flexible - I doubt Wilkes will be there Round 1.

Backline is really good. Only suggestions are watch Clarke, 50/50 about him. Would feel more confident in Lake if you can get him. Definitely dump Wilkes and pick up Bugg, looks good. I'm picking up Pendelbury mid year when he has fallen in price by $40k. Ziebell, Treloar and Mitchell are risky picks. Mitchell and Treloar haven't played a preseason game. Maybe look at Clay Smith, Magner, Neale, Gibson, etc. Even though they are injured they could be alright by round 1. Nice rucks. Nice forwards, except I am far from sold on Riewoldt. Looks like his best may be behind him. Dangerfield looks good and is about $40k cheaper.

Best of luck,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DEF: B Goddard, B Deledio, G Broughton, M Suckling, R Hargrave, M Clarke, B Ellis (T Bugg, L Brown)

MID: G Ablett, M Murphy, M Boyd, N van Berlo, C Wingard, D Sheil (C Smith, A Treloar)

RUCK: S Mumford, I Maric (J Giles, O Stephensen)

FWD: L Franklin, N Fyfe, D Martin, D Zaharakis, J Porplyzia, D Smith, T Dickson (B Smedts, T Walsh)

$18,300 in the bank?

:thumbsu: or :thumbsdown:

Good team RevDog, if you have VB in the middle, I'd suggest to take Rory Sloane instead, I think he'll score better, more upside and he's only 21. He's also put a considerable amount of muscle this year, 4kg I think so he's going to be even stronger with contested footy.

Rate my team please!

Defenders
Goddard, H Shaw, G. Broughton, M. Suckling, B. Ellis, B. Smedts, T.Bugg
Bench S.Darley, P. Yagmoor

Midfielders
G Ablett, M. Murphy, M. Boyd, T. Rockliffe, S. Cogniglio, A. Miles
Bench C. Smith, J. Magner

Ruck
S. Jacobs, J. Redden
Bench J. Giles, O. Stephenson

Forwards
L Franklin, A. Goodes, N. Fyfe, D. Martin, P. Dangerfield, J. Porplyzia, D. Smith
Bench S. Kerridge, A. Hall

$47,000 left in the bank, thoughts?

Cheers

hey guys, i had a team last year managed a few wins here and there, now im getting into it again, but i think ive hit a snag and really need some advice please.

Defenders: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, G.Birchall, H.Shaw, M.Buntine, L.Spurr, M.Clark ( Subs: T.Bugg, W.Sierakowski )

Midfielders: G.Ablett, J.Selwood, D.Swan, D.Mackay, C.Masten, D.Pfeiffer ( Subs: J.McDonald, J.Magner )

Rucks: S.Jacobs, A.Maric ( Subs: T.Derickx, O.Stephenson )

Forwards: L.Franklin, D.Martin, T.Cloke, D.Zaharakis, T.Hawkins, A.Saad, B.Smedts ( Subs: S.Rowe, T.Couch )

I have $129,100 left to play around with

Need as much advice as possible please

Thanks Alot Guys!

I have scraped every dollar of value out of this team to have $0 in the bank. Risky, but how does the team look?

SCteam2.jpg

Made a few changes to my team.

BACKS: Goddard, Shaw, Fisher, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Ellis
(Darley, Bugg)

MIDS: Ablett, M.Murphy, Boyd, Masten, Lucas, Coniglio
(A.Miles, Magner)

RUCKS: Cox, Giles
(Redden, Steppenson)

FWDS: Goodes, Pavlich, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, D.Smith
(Weedon, Kerridge)

Thoughts?

Hi all!

Any thoughts on this?

Def
Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Grimes, Lake, Clarke, Ellis
(Curran, Wilkes)

Mid
Ablett, Swan, Selwood J, Barlow, Christensen, Coniglio
(Brown, Magner)

Ruck
Mumford, Kreuzer
(Witts, Stephenson)

Fwd
Franklin, Pavlich, Sidebottom, Brown J, Porplyzia, Smedts, Rowe
(Saad, Walsh)

Cheers :D

Def
Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, ellis.b, smedts,
(bugg.t, brown.l)

Mid
Ablett, swan, murphy, selwood, coniglio, wingard
(smith.D, Mitchell, T)

Ruck
Cox, Giles
(Redden, Stephenson)

Fwd
Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin.D, Saad, Walsh, Panos
(Treloar, Couch, T)

Rate my team out of 10?

$150,000 in the bank!!!

Fwd
Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin.D, Saad, Walsh, Panos
(Treloar, Couch, T)

I would swap out Panos if I we're you. From the dogs, you're better off getting Tory Dickson, a mature aged pickup who looks like he'll play regularly (and be handy for maybe 10-15+ touches and 1 or 2 goals per game), whereas Panos might spend a few weeks at Williamstown before he comes in. I also don't think Panos will be a big posession getter, so even if he does pop up with 2 or 3 goals per game, he won't pull out big scores. Having said that, he is a great kick so disposal efficiency should be high.

First time poster and supercoacher very curious as to what you guys make of my team...

Backs:Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, S.Burgoyne, R. hargrave, M.Clarke, Smedts,Bugg, Wilkes

Mids: Ablett, Selwood, Priddis, Swan, Wingard, Shiel, J.Mcdonald, Magner

Rucks: Mcintosh, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

Forwards:Franklin, Martin, Fyfe,Goodes,Sidebottom, N.Haynes, A.Hall, D.Pfeiffer, R. Stanley

Any thoghts would be much appreciated :)

Back line:
Goddard, B
$584,700
Deledio, B
$568,700
Shaw, H
$546,700
Suckling, M
$492,000
Adcock, J
$490,300
Ellis, B
$126,600
Smedts, B
$113,200
Mohr, T
$124,700
Wilkes, B
$106,600

Midfield:
Ablett, G
$689,000
Murphy, M
$639,900
Boyd, M
$626,100
Hayes, L
$422,000
Stevens, K
$135,500
Shiel, D
$113,200
Neale, L
$106,600
Gibson, S
$94,700

Rucks:
Cox, D
$662,600
Giles, J
$126,700
Stephenson, O
$106,600
Pattison, A
$94,700

Fowards:
Franklin, L
$600,600
Goodes, A
$586,500
Fyfe, N
$585,700
Martin, D
$536,2000
Porplyzia, J
$229,600
Smith, D
$131,600
Skinner, Z
$113,200
Cooyou, R
$128,700
Zorko, D
$113,200

Hi I'd love some feedback/criticism on the team and where it can be improved

Back line:
Goddard, B
$584,700
Deledio, B
$568,700
Shaw, H
$546,700
Suckling, M
$492,000
Adcock, J
$490,300
Ellis, B
$126,600
Smedts, B
$113,200
Mohr, T
$124,700
Wilkes, B
$106,600

Midfield:
Ablett, G
$689,000
Murphy, M
$639,900
Boyd, M
$626,100
Hayes, L
$422,000
Stevens, K
$135,500
Shiel, D
$113,200
Neale, L
$106,600
Gibson, S
$94,700

Rucks:
Cox, D
$662,600
Giles, J
$126,700
Stephenson, O
$106,600
Pattison, A
$94,700

Fowards:
Franklin, L
$600,600
Goodes, A
$586,500
Fyfe, N
$585,700
Martin, D
$536,2000
Porplyzia, J
$229,600
Smith, D
$131,600
Skinner, Z
$113,200
Cooyou, R
$128,700
Zorko, D
$113,200

Hi I'd love some feedback/criticism on the team and where it can be improved

Great team, I personally wouldnt change anything unless you have around 80 grand in bank :)

Updated Team with 70,000 in the bank

BACKS: Goddard $584,700, Scotland $572,900, Shaw $546,700, Broughton $502,100, Hargrave $280,2000, Tomlinson $156,600,
Ellis $126,600, Smedts $113,200, Bugg $113,200

MIDS Ablett $689,000, Boyd $626,100, Fyfe $585,700,
Hayes $422,000, Hoskin-Elliott $181,600, Smith $116,600, Zorko $113,200 Kavanagh $106,600

RUCKS Kreuzer $418,300, McIntosh $364,300, Giles $126,700,
Stephenson $106,6000

FORWARDS Johnson $581,700, Pavlich $573,000, Martin $536,200,
Lewis $493,000, Dangerfield, $435,400, Smith $131,600, Walsh $113,200, Kerridge $106,600, Hall $106,6000

Feedback is appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back