Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Hargrave, Golby, Dempsey, Ellis (Smedts, T Davis who will be changed)

Ablett, Redden, Bartel, Sloane, Hogan, Magner (Wingard, Neale)

Cox, Macintosh (Giles, Redden)

Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Zaharakis, Butcher, Porplyzia, Pfiefer (Couch, Weedon)

Dangerfield is seriously over-rated based on some NAB cup games where only one team really wanted it. He's neither cheap enough to make much money, nor enough of a scoring threat to be worth a premium spot.

Dangerfield is worth it due to his DPP. He certainly does have the scoring potential to be great up forward (esp if forwards score as low as they didl ast year)

Hi guys once again a few more little changes and this is what I've come up with

Goddard shaw Newman broughton Ellis bugg darley (morris l.brown)

Ablett pendles Murphy selwood McDonald magner (ledger kerridge)

Cox redden (Giles orren)

Buddy fyfe goodes Martin dangerfield pfeiffer couch (hall Dickson)

Very pleased with this team just need to finalize rookies and yeah? Any thoughts

Like it a lot! Only risk though is 3 rookies in defence aside from that looks very good.

B: Goddard, Deleidio, Shaw, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Smedts, Bugg, Wilkes

M: Ablett, Murphy, Boyd, Martin, Coniglio, Wingard, Smith, Magner

R: Mumford, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Pavlich, Dangerfield, Christensen, Saad, Cameron, Hall, Dickson

$32k left in the bank.

I'm not sure yet about whether to keep Pav in or trade him out for another mid-forward option. Rookies Bugg, Wilkes, Wingard and Dickson are questionable too I think. Thoughts?

Maric is just a poor choice.

New team, different role..... If he play's 1st ruck and sees a lot of the ball his game has the potential to improve. I reckon the risk isn't as great as many think, an early upgrade target.

They do have a tough draw early, but if Maric stands up to the challenge there is cash to be made. If not you burn a trade, can your team afford an extra trade. - Perhaps not with Lake.

Lake seems to have plenty of up-side if he can stay injury free.

New team, different role..... If he play's 1st ruck and sees a lot of the ball his game has the potential to improve.

He's just not that good of a footballer. At his price, you're better to choose a 1-3 ruck outfit or choose a better ruck.

Dangerfield is worth it due to his DPP. He certainly does have the scoring potential to be great up forward (esp if forwards score as low as they didl ast year)

Coming from an Adelaide supporter, he is a risk, but I wouldn't say high risk.

The risk is that he may not reproduce those results in the season proper because we have been playing inexperienced sides. Moreover I'm not confident that he will be consistent or be able to handle a tag. However, he seems to be different in his game style this year. Instead of just being at the contests and throwing his body in there to extract the ball, he is all over the ground and even getting some cheap ball which is uncharacteristic. He is also marked to play midfield all year.

The test will be this week - if he picks up 25+ possessions get on him.

Why does everyone have Goddard? I can't find a reason to have him over other premium defenders, yet he is the most expensive.

So what is your backline?I am not happy with mine, but just don't know where to go!

New team, different role..... If he play's 1st ruck and sees a lot of the ball his game has the potential to improve. I reckon the risk isn't as great as many think, an early upgrade target.

They do have a tough draw early, but if Maric stands up to the challenge there is cash to be made. If not you burn a trade, can your team afford an extra trade. - Perhaps not with Lake.

Lake seems to have plenty of up-side if he can stay injury free.

You don't spend 330k on a guy you'll have to trade out later. It's a waste of a trade and a waste of a cash cow spot.

Goddard picks himself because he scores. No one else has his history of reliability. Hasn't been under ~100 since 2005, if you discount the year he did his ACL and only played 7 games (still ~90). He is far and away the best defender option.

Everyone else, Deledio aside, is unreliable. Scotland has only been above 100 once in four years. Shaw is the same, plus he misses game every year. Fisher is somewhat reliable, but hasn't been above 100 since 2008. Everyone else is a sub 100 player.

B: Goddard, Deleidio, Shaw, Broughton, Hargrave, Ellis, Smedts, Bugg, Wilkes

M: Ablett, Murphy, Boyd, Martin, Coniglio, Wingard, Smith, Magner

R: Mumford, Giles, Redden, Stephenson

F: Franklin, Fyfe, Pavlich, Dangerfield, Christensen, Saad, Cameron, Hall, Dickson

$32k left in the bank.

I'm not sure yet about whether to keep Pav in or trade him out for another mid-forward option. Rookies Bugg, Wilkes, Wingard and Dickson are questionable too I think. Thoughts?

Wingard will get games. Bugg should be in the Giants starting defense. Not sure about Wilkes. I don't see him making you enough cash to allow an upgrade.

I like Dangerfield and Christensen but I'd choose one or another.

My team...

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Dempsey, Ellis, Smedts,
Darley, Shaw
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Watson, Stevens, Magner
Smith, Miles
Rucks: Mumford, Giles
Redden, Stephenson
Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Porplyzia, Saad, Hampton
Kerridge, Dell'Ollio

$133,900 in the bank.

I think I may have to drop Selwood or Watson because they have the bye together, along with Swan.

You don't spend 330k on a guy you'll have to trade out later. It's a waste of a trade and a waste of a cash cow spot.

If you can find a suitable cash cow for the position. If they are in and out of the side they won't generate cash.

If everyone adopts an identical strategy, then the competition is boring. If someone reckon's Maric or Lake or who ever will provide more consistent scores than the available rookies in their position it might be a better option.

This is essentially an optimisation problem. Lets say all the rookies can average 50 ppg and they go from 115k to 300k ...... If they don't get games then it takes longer to get to 300k so you are carrying these low scores for longer, maybe too long to make up the points lost.

So you pick 4 of the best rookies in the back and hope for 70 to 80 ppg.
If you picked a 5th and they are inconsistent it would be better to have an underpriced mid-price player. The people who get the best value ( a mid price that stands up this year and scores big)

Same for rucks - there are players that represent good value - judged by each SC. If we say that Giles has JS but could score lowish he can sit on the bench while a mid price provides points and he can be upgraded. Looking at rucks, can 3 rookie rucks find a long term position in their teams. If you judge that they can - and can score well then 3 rookie rucks are the go. If you judge that perhaps 2 rookies have JS, a mid price might provide a good point of difference to give you a scoring advantage....

I. Maric has JS and will be playing a different role this year, so therefore last year's scores can be taken with a grain of salt to some extent. I don't have him currently, but I can see why he is attracting attention.

Are you one player short in your midfield? An easy suggestion would be downgrade either Lewis or Dangerfield (if you downgraded Dangerfield to Porps you save about 200K) I too would like to see Ablett in your mids, but you could use the left over cash to upgrade Maric to say Kreuzer?

Missing player is ..... Adam Goodes.

Did have Kreuz to start with, then went H'Mac trying to save a dollar and then the same with Maric. More so because H'Mac will clearly be No 2 ruckman behind Goldy and Maric will be No 1 at Richmond.

I can see Dangerfield and Hayes being worth more over time, Dangerfield has to have that break out year sooner or later doesn't he? I was thinking the same about Sidebottom too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is an illustration of how I have tackled the problem.

Team 1: Play as many rookies as possible as cash cows up back. But try and make up some points in the ruck.
SCteam3.jpg

Team 2: Play an extra scoring player in Back with bench players that I think might be likely to get games..... the individual rookies would be decided after round 1 teams are decided.
SCteam4.jpg

Goddard picks himself because he scores. No one else has his history of reliability. Hasn't been under ~100 since 2005, if you discount the year he did his ACL and only played 7 games (still ~90). He is far and away the best defender option.

Everyone else, Deledio aside, is unreliable. Scotland has only been above 100 once in four years. Shaw is the same, plus he misses game every year. Fisher is somewhat reliable, but hasn't been above 100 since 2008. Everyone else is a sub 100 player.

Allowing for a couple of wasted trades is not the end of the world. Take a look at Impromptu 2012

Allowing for a couple of wasted trades is not the end of the world. Take a look at Impromptu 2012

Prompts 2012? Link?

Hey guys,
would love some feedback on this team, have been chopping and changing a lot!
Cheers :thumbsu:

BACKS: Goddard, Shaw, Fisher, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Ellis
(Darley, Bugg)

MIDS: Ablett, M.Murphy, Boyd, Masten, Lucas, Coniglio
(A.Miles, Magner)

RUCKS: Cox, Giles
(Redden, Steppenson)

FWDS: Goodes, Pavlich, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, D.Smith
(Weedon, Kerridge)

Hey guys,
would love some feedback on this team, have been chopping and changing a lot!
Cheers :thumbsu:

BACKS: Goddard, Shaw, Fisher, Lake, Dempsey, Clarke, Ellis
(Darley, Bugg)

MIDS: Ablett, M.Murphy, Boyd, Masten, Lucas, Coniglio
(A.Miles, Magner)

RUCKS: Cox, Giles
(Redden, Steppenson)

FWDS: Goodes, Pavlich, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, D.Smith
(Weedon, Kerridge)

your team seems pretty rounded but there are a few risks within your squad. dempsey, masten & porplyzia to name a few. rookies are a bit of an unknown at this point and im finding it difficult to deside but will leave it until the round one team sheets are out. i think this year natanui will eventually overtake cox in the scoring charts but then again cox is always a consistant performer when being played in the ruck.

here is my team.

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Birchall, Heppell, Clarke, Ellis, Darley (Smedts, Bugg)
MIDS: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Watson, Neale, McDonald (Magner, Kerridge)
RUCKS: Mumford, Maric (Giles, Stephenson)
FORWARDS: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, Lewis, Dangerfield, Pfeifer, Saad (Skinner, Del'Ollio)

as i said before still unsure on some of the rookies ie. Del'Ollio, Neale & Magner (both injury under clouds).

im also unsure about heppel in backline. previously didnt had scotland in the mids instead of watson with hurn in the backline.

$12,500 in the bank.

thoughts?

Hey guys first time poster on this thread, just slapped a team together this afternoon.

Critisism appreciated

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Ellis, Hargrave, Bugg (Smedts,Morris)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, Murphy, Boyd, McDonald, Pfeiffer (Ledger, L.Brown)

Rucks: Mumford, Giles (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards: Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Rohan, Porplyzia, Saad, Cameron (Hall, Couch)

$49k in the bank

Wingard will get games. Bugg should be in the Giants starting defense. Not sure about Wilkes. I don't see him making you enough cash to allow an upgrade.

I like Dangerfield and Christensen but I'd choose one or another.

My team...

Def: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Dempsey, Ellis, Smedts,
Darley, Shaw
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Selwood, Watson, Stevens, Magner
Smith, Miles
Rucks: Mumford, Giles
Redden, Stephenson
Fwds: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Porplyzia, Saad, Hampton
Kerridge, Dell'Ollio

$133,900 in the bank.

I think I may have to drop Selwood or Watson because they have the bye together, along with Swan.

Would love some feedback. Thanks :thumbsu:

Would love some feedback. Thanks :thumbsu:

l would drop watson l am bias but selwood l think will be out to kick @rss now the skipper should lead the side like a warrior.plus watson injury and tag prone. Christensen has a injury might be slow start to the season look at him for a upgrade.l like Christensen l had him but l think he will have a good year just a slow start.Dempsey and porps risks might pay off for you.overall nice backs and forwards mids quiet good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back