Rate my SuperCoach team 2012 (Part II)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, please rate my team!
i have:

C.enright, G.birchall, M.suckling, C garland, B.smith,-have 220,000 money for one more defender- ( b.ellis, h.schade)

G.ablett, D.swan, J.watson, T.cotchin, S.higgins, K.lucas
(B.mckenzie, M.arnot)

B.mcevoy, P.ryder ( O.stephenson, J.craig)

L.franklin, N.fyfe, D.zaharakis, A.hall, J.mellington, D.smith, J.cripps
(A.magin, A.kennedy)

Hey guys, would appreciate some feed back on this team :thumbsu:

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Malceski, Dempsey, M.Clarke
(Bugg, Morris)

MIDS: Ablett, Boyd, Mitchell, Masten, Lucas, Dangerfield
(Miles, McDonald)

RUCKS: Mumford, Giles
(Redden, Stephenson)

FWDS: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Porplyzia, D.Smith, Tomlinson
(Weedon, Dickson)

55k in the bank.

hi, please rate my team!
i have:

C.enright, G.birchall, M.suckling, C garland, B.smith,-have 220,000 money for one more defender- ( b.ellis, h.schade)

G.ablett, D.swan, J.watson, T.cotchin, S.higgins, K.lucas
(B.mckenzie, M.arnot)

B.mcevoy, P.ryder ( O.stephenson, J.craig)

L.franklin, N.fyfe, D.zaharakis, A.hall, J.mellington, D.smith, J.cripps
(A.magin, A.kennedy)

I am trying not to be too harsh but I struggle to see where you have spent all your coin?

Your first three backs are solid players but they might not return scores as good as a few others, garland is just a mid pricer who is unlikely to go up much in price on past season history - 5/10

Higgins is much maligned as a consistent scorer so this pick could be "unique"? I like Lucas but you could probably swap one of the mids for a rookie and throw the extra coin at your forward line - 7/10

Both playing rucks are okay without being special 7/10

Forwards, well you have Buddy, Fyfe and Zahar (still not convinced he has the goods to go the next step and improve on last year) but after that I worry how many of these rookies will play much? - 5/10 (being generous here mate)

best of luck:thumbsu:

Yeah rookies will change come round 1 but these guys in at the moment are in due to good average scores over the preseason from http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/pre_season_dream_team yeah i know it's dreamteam points but it's a good tool to see how rookies are scoring.

Not sold on Yarran are you? Me either but he got a bit of hype the other week and his price is good from someone who could get good scores, his price allows me to spend some extra cash else where. I feel unsettled seeing more than 5 rookies on any part of the ground but i'll have a tinker and see who i can upgrade Yarran too and who I can downgrade Hargrave to.

Which which do you prefer?
Cox, Campbell, Christensen and Fyfe or NicNat, Hale, Porplyzia(I am never going to get that spelling wrong again) and Cloke?

Pretty comfortable with 4 premium midfield, more of an upside with midfield rookies in my eyes.

Boumann is the only real bargin in the Hawthorn side in my eyes(maybe Gunstall but he's still a bit pricey) with all other positions pretty much locked in but he is trying incredibly hard to get that fullback roll, just the issue is he is getting pushed off the ball too easily. His disposal is very good for a big man and is a safe kick so could rack up some easy effective kicks which would be good for scoring. His run a carry in the GWS game was great but you have to take into consideration who he was running away from. If he is picked round 1 I more than likely will be having him in my team.

Not so much not sold on Yarran as I reckon if you go mid-price take an infom $200-$300k player.

I'm by no means an expert but here are my thoughts: Not convinced with Kreuzer in the ruck, would prefer a Jacobs or Mumford if you had the money. I'd be hesitant to go with either Cox or Nic Nat in fear of lack of time in the ruck. Bower should get games early because Jamo and Laidler are out but when they return he's as good as gone. I'd probably downgrade Dangerfield and try and strengthen up your backline.

A rating would be very appreciated:
DEF: B.Goddard, B.Deledio, H.Shaw, B.Lake, M.Clarke, B.Ellis, T.Bugg (B.Smedts,S.Darley)
MID: S.Pendlebury, G.Ablett, M.Murphy, J.Selwood, C.Wingard, J.McDonald (E.Kavanagh, T.Mitchell)
RUC: S.Mumford, J.Giles (O.Stephenson, J.Redden)
FWD: L.Franklin, A.Goodes, N.Fyfe, D.Martin, S.Sidebottom, D.Smith, A.Saad (A.Treloar, A.Hall)

Would very much appreciate any advice on rookies? Also unsure on Goodes and Sidebottom

Good, solid team.

I wouldn't worry about rookies until the round 1 teams are out but Treloar and Mitchell are injured and I wouldn't take Smedts, Saad or Kavanagh. Wingard is a bit pricey too, I'd probably downgrade him to a cheaper rookie. There's heaps of other good rookies you could look at (off the top of my head- Miles, Kennedy, Clifton, Ledger, Morris, Kerridge, Spurr, Magner, C.Smith)

Goodes is a gun and has a great early draw so I wouldn't worry about him. Sidebottom has had a good preseason and could be a good pick, I personally haven't risked taking him though but he has looked tempting. You could always free up cash by downgrading Clarke and Wingard and upgrading him to a premium.

Hey guys, would appreciate some feed back on this team :thumbsu:

(Bugg, Morris)

(Miles, McDonald)

(Redden, Stephenson)

(Weedon, Dickson)

55k in the bank.

I would look at downgrading Dempsey (if Courtney from ESS) as he is extremely prone to soft tissue injuries to Bower/Ellis, upgrade Malceski/Masten to premium. Other then that it is a pretty good team.

(Bugg, Morris)

(Miles, McDonald)

(Redden, Stephenson)

(Weedon, Dickson)

A good side, backs have concerns with dempsey not sure what he will do this year.
mids not sold on masten.
ruc id rather have 2 premium there and 2 rookies

fwds happy with what you got there

my team version 2345.74353 :/

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Lake, Buntine, M.Clarke, Bugg
(Smedts,Brown)

MIDS: Ablett, Pendles, Murphy,Goodes, Wingard, Miles. (kerridge, mcdonald)

RUCKS: Cox, Lueberger
(Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS: Johnson, Martin, Porplyzia, Gray, Dangerfield D.Smith, Saad
(Zorko, Couch)

all comments appreciated

Ok any thoughts here? :

BACKS: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Smedts (Bugg, Yagmoor)
MIDS: Ablett, Pendles, Jobe, Mitchell, Wingard, McDonald (Shiel, T. Mitchell)
RUCKS: Mummy, Giles (J Redden, Stephensen)
FORWARDS: Buddy, Martin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Pfeiffer, Treloar (Weedon, A.Hall)

170k left in the bank.

Not sure about not going with 2 guarnanteed big scorers on the ground for ruck. I know a couple of my bench are out until round 2, but my thinking is that they're still good picks and worth having, is it worth keeping them on there and taking the gamble on round 1 to avoid using trades to get any of these blokes in?

I guess main question being, of the people I have on the ground, are they likely starters if fit?

Ok any thoughts here? :

BACKS: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Broughton, Lake, Ellis, Smedts (Bugg, Yagmoor)
MIDS: Ablett, Pendles, Jobe, Mitchell, Wingard, McDonald (Shiel, T. Mitchell)
RUCKS: Mummy, Giles (J Redden, Stephensen)
FORWARDS: Buddy, Martin, Fyfe, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Pfeiffer, Treloar (Weedon, A.Hall)

170k left in the bank.

Not sure about not going with 2 guarnanteed big scorers on the ground for ruck. I know a couple of my bench are out until round 2, but my thinking is that they're still good picks and worth having, is it worth keeping them on there and taking the gamble on round 1 to avoid using trades to get any of these blokes in?

I guess main question being, of the people I have on the ground, are they likely starters if fit?

Really good backline. All should play round 1 except Yagmoor. I have been really impressed with him, but teams vying for a premiership don't tend to introduce too many rookies through the year. And if they do, Marty Clarke might get a shot at it before Yagmoor.

Nice looking midfield. I personally am concerned about Watson, but that's your choice. The Swans don't tend to play rookies as much as other teams, and since Tom Mitchell hasn't play a single preseason game I wouldn't seriously consider dumping him. The talk I feel is that Shiel may only miss one round, but if the Giants decide to give him extra time to recover, he may end up missing three rounds instead, so closely monitor his progress.

Happy with your rucks, exact same as mine.

Nice looking forward line. Treloar hasn't played one preseason game and I don't expect him to play round one. Like Shiel, monitor closely. Don't expect Weedon to play either.

Overall really solid team, just replace some rookies.

Best of luck,

Thoughts

B: Deledio Birchall Johncock Hargrave Clarke Ellis Bugg (Smedts Wilkes)
M:Ablett Pendelbury Thompson Goddard Lucas Kerridge (Magner C.Smith)
R:Mumford Giles (Redden Stepheson)
F:Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Gray D.Smith Rowe (A.Hall Dickson)

224k left over

Hi Paul, Lake is a risk,but if he stays on the park and recaptures his confidence it will pay off handsomely for you.
Your rucks are strong, i would upgrade/downgrade Porps as his body finds it hard to sustain the vigours of the modern game. otherwise team looks well balanced.

Here is my team.thoughts appreciated

Backs; Goddard Scotland H,Shaw Hargrave Ellis Smedts S,Shaw Bench Bugg.Boumann

Mids; Pendlebury Ablett Swan Deledio Coniglio D,Smith Bench Ledger Magner

Rucks;Cox J,Giles Bench Redden Stephenson

Forwards;Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Dangerfield Kerridge A.Hall Bench Z,Skinner J,Paine

Thanks in advance

(Bugg, Morris)

(Miles, McDonald)

(Redden, Stephenson)

(Weedon, Dickson)

A good side, backs have concerns with dempsey not sure what he will do this year.
mids not sold on masten.
ruc id rather have 2 premium there and 2 rookies

fwds happy with what you got there

my team version 2345.74353 :/

BACKS: Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Lake, Buntine, M.Clarke, Bugg
(Smedts,Brown)

MIDS: Ablett, Pendles, Murphy,Goodes, Wingard, Miles. (kerridge, mcdonald)

RUCKS: Cox, Lueberger
(Giles, Stephenson)

FWDS: Johnson, Martin, Porplyzia, Gray, Dangerfield D.Smith, Saad
(Zorko, Couch)

all comments appreciated

Interesting side. Backs are probably a little weak with only 3 premiums plus Lake in there but you probably make up for it with your 4 mids premiums. Having said that not sold on Goodes, especially in the mids. You would be far better off getting a Selwood in there and then if you really want goodes put him in your forward line. I think Kerridge as you only mid/fwd will be enough, assuming he plays. Rucks are strong. Lots of people not liking the berger this year due to fear of lack of game time, but will still pump out big scores.

Forwards are your biggest weakness IMO. First of all you don't have Buddy of Fyfe, which will be a good POD for you but it could just mean you get left behind. No point being different if your losing. Johnson is hit and miss. Martin is good :thumbsu:, but everyone has him. I've been burnt by Gray before so I'm probably biased when I say you should look to upgrade him to one of the aformentioned players (buddy, fyfe). Not sold on Dangerfield, can still see him going missing when the heat is turned on, your opinion may differ. Porpoise is a good cheap pick, even with my hatred of midpricers.

Hi Paul, Lake is a risk,but if he stays on the park and recaptures his confidence it will pay off handsomely for you.
Your rucks are strong, i would upgrade/downgrade Porps as his body finds it hard to sustain the vigours of the modern game. otherwise team looks well balanced.

Here is my team.thoughts appreciated

Backs; Goddard Scotland H,Shaw Hargrave Ellis Smedts S,Shaw Bench Bugg.Boumann

Mids; Pendlebury Ablett Swan Deledio Coniglio D,Smith Bench Ledger Magner

Rucks;Cox J,Giles Bench Redden Stephenson

Forwards;Franklin Goodes Fyfe Martin Dangerfield Kerridge A.Hall Bench Z,Skinner J,Paine

Thanks in advance

Putting too much emphasis on having MPP players in your mids to the detriment of your side. Mid rookies are the best rookies this year, like every year. Need as many of them as possible to make you some cash.

One more thing, not sold on 3 rookie ruck. We saw last year how many points the good ruckmen were pumping out each week, something that youll miss out on with only one. And maybe more importantly, if you downgraded Swan to a Ledger and upgraded Stephenson to Mummy, you will be making more cash out of your rookie, still getting great points and have more money in the bank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would love your feedback, currently

BACK: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Suckling, Bower, Ellis
sub: Smedts, Bugg

MIDFIELD: Ablett, Murphy, Boyd, S.Mitchell, Miles, Magner
sub: J.MacDonald, T.Ledger

RUCK: Kruezer, Giles
sub: Redden, Stephenson

FORWARD: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Porplyzia, D.Smith, A.Kennedy
sub: J.Cameron, Hampton

Hey guys would appreciate some thoughts on my side
Backs
Goddard,Scotland,Delidio,Clarke,Ellis,Doherty,Buntine(Mohr,Spurr)
Mids
Ablett,Murphy,Thompson,Selwood,Wingard,Shiel(Hampton,T.Mitchell)
Rucks
Mummy,Kreuzer(Giles,Big O)
Fwds
Buddy,Goodes,Fyfe,Chapman,Porplyzia,Smedts,Zorko(Cameron,Walsh)

Will wait to see what rookies to pick when sides get done on thurs night
Thoughts/Ideas would be great 114 k left aswell
Cheers

Please rate my team...
Backs: Goddard, Delidio, Enright, Lake, N.Brown, Bower, Ellis (Bugg, Wilkes)
Mids: Ablett, Swan, Judd, Hodge, Coniglio, J.McDonald (Magner, Gibson)
Rucks: Cox, Kruezer (Giles, Stephenson)
Forwards: Franklin, Pavlich, Lewis, Dangerfield, McGlynn, J.Cameron, D.Smith (Smedts, Kerridge)

Hey guys. Pretty much completely overhauled large parts of my original side. Here's the latest version. I suppose the areas I'm still a bit concerned about are my defenders (am I taking too big a risk with Lake and Dempsey?), and some of my bench warmers. I'm trying to put together a team just for playing in mates' leagues, not going for ultimate national glory or anything. Anyway, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated!

DEF: H Scotland, B Deledio, G Broughton, B Lake, C Depmsey, B Ellis, T Bugg (T Mohr, S Morris)
MID: S Pendlebury, M Murphy, A Goodes, J Watson, J Caddy, S Coniglio (A Miles, J Magner)
RUC: T Goldstein, A Sandilands (J Giles, J Redden)
FWD: L Franklin, D Zaharakis, R Gray, S Sidebottom, J Porplyzia, D Smith, B Smedts (A Treloar, S Kerridge)

$13,300 remaining.

Click them image for larger/clearer version.

Hey guys. Pretty much completely overhauled large parts of my original side. Here's the latest version. I suppose the areas I'm still a bit concerned about are my defenders (am I taking too big a risk with Lake and Dempsey?), and some of my bench warmers. I'm trying to put together a team just for playing in mates' leagues, not going for ultimate national glory or anything. Anyway, if anyone has any feedback or suggestions they'd be greatly appreciated!

DEF: H Scotland, B Deledio, G Broughton, B Lake, C Depmsey, B Ellis, T Bugg (T Mohr, S Morris)
MID: S Pendlebury, M Murphy, A Goodes, J Watson, J Caddy, S Coniglio (A Miles, J Magner)
RUC: T Goldstein, A Sandilands (J Giles, J Redden)
FWD: L Franklin, D Zaharakis, R Gray, S Sidebottom, J Porplyzia, D Smith, B Smedts (A Treloar, S Kerridge)

$13,300 remaining

Backs (6.5/10): I dont mind this backline, with a full strenght squad Broughton provides fantastic value, not sure on Dempsey as he is returning from injury but not completely sure on his SC scores, has never been a massive scorer in his past any ways. One area of concern is having three Richmond players in one position in your (Supercoach) squad.

Midfield (7.5/10): Really like it, cant go wrong with Pendlebury, Murphy, Goodes and Watson is another returning from injury premium who provides fantastic value. I have also spent the extra cash on Caddy and Coniglio and Caddy as I feel they could (Should) play 18+ games this year, the rookies are a bit of a question mark for mine, Miles has only just returned to reserves level and Magner has injury concerns still hanging over his head. If fit, I will be picking James Magner, this year's Ed Curnow?

Rucks (7/10): Cant go wrong with Goldstein, some have question marks on Sandilands ability to come back from his 'turf toe' injury, but he is a premium when fit, so why not? Like the rookies, Giles is a must and Redden is the smoky people seem to be picking up on in recent times.

Forwards (5/10): Lance Franklin is a superstar, first one picked in my team. The rest of the team is very light on, Zaharakis is one I have been keeping tabs on this pre season, Gray & Sidebottom are two players that could go boom or bust, and Porplyzia is a gem that should increase in price. Better rookie options out there than the ones you have picked, but they could all be picked come round 1.

My new updated team:

Brendon Goddard (D/F), Brett Deledio (D/F), Shaun Burgoyne (D/M), Paul Duffield, Nic Suban, Marty Clarke, Steven Morris (Lee Spur, Sam Darley)

Marc Murphy, Matthew Boyd, Trent Cotchin, David Zaharakis (M/F), Josh Caddy, Stephen Coniglio (Adam Kennedy [M/F], Tom Ledger)

Todd Goldstein, Johnathan Giles (Orren Stephenson, Jarred Redden)

Lance Franklin, Nat Fyfe (F/M), Dustin Martin (F/M), Travis Cloke, Patrick Dangerfield (F/M), Jason Porpylzia, Tory Dickson (Aaron Hall [F/M], Devon Smith [F/M])

Cash: $16,800

Thoughts?

Duuuuuuuuuude, didn't you just have a go at a guy for 3 Tiges in his backline?

Who do Suban, Duffman (ooh yeah!) & Spurr play for.

I don't think it's as relevant this year (which team they play for that is) but more so when you group them with other teams players that share the same bye.

Does that make sense? lol

Hey guys would appreciate some thoughts on my side
Backs
Goddard,Scotland,Delidio,Clarke,Ellis,Doherty,Buntine(Mohr,S purr)
Mids
Ablett,Murphy,Thompson,Selwood,Wingard,Shiel(Hampton,T.Mitch ell)
Rucks
Mummy,Kreuzer(Giles,Big O)
Fwds
Buddy,Goodes,Fyfe,Chapman,Porplyzia,Smedts,Zorko(Cameron,Wal sh)

Will wait to see what rookies to pick when sides get done on thurs night
Thoughts/Ideas would be great 114 k left aswell
Cheers

Nice team loko should do very well not sold on sandi but could pay off for ya.

Made some changes to mine

Goddard Scotland shaw broughton Ellis bugg morris (darley brown*)
Pendles ablett selwood ledger miles magner (McDonald kerridge*)
cox Mumford (Giles redden)
Buddy goodes fyfe boomer dangerfield couch* Dickson (hall smedts*)

From last team out pfieffer Murphy orren in cox miles smedts

* dpp player key to avoiding byes/outs etc. Thoughts on team?

Brendon Goddard (D/F), Brett Deledio (D/F), Shaun Burgoyne (D/M), Paul Duffield, Nic Suban, Marty Clarke, Steven Morris (Lee Spur, Sam Darley)

Marc Murphy, Matthew Boyd, Trent Cotchin, David Zaharakis (M/F), Josh Caddy, Stephen Coniglio (Adam Kennedy [M/F], Tom Ledger)

Todd Goldstein, Johnathan Giles (Orren Stephenson, Jarred Redden)

Lance Franklin, Nat Fyfe (F/M), Dustin Martin (F/M), Travis Cloke, Patrick Dangerfield (F/M), Jason Porpylzia, Tory Dickson (Aaron Hall [F/M], Devon Smith [F/M])

Cash: $16,800

Thoughts?

Backline looks pretty good. Goddard and Deledio is solid. Burgoyne has looked pretty good this pre-season and Duffield is a unique pick that could give you an edge. Dont know enough about Suban to really make an opinion. Clarke and Morris are fine as are your rookies provided they get named.

Like Zaharakis in the midfield since it gives you DPP maneuverability in your forward line. Caddy is getting more and more popular in the last few days. Cant really go wrong with Coniglio or Ledger either.

Nice rucks! Giles gives you the flexibility to upgrade to the best ruckman later in the year.

Love the forward line! Provided Danger fires then you should really collect some points there!

I keep chopping and changing on mine;

B: Goddard - Scotland - Deledio - Malceski - Lake - Clarke - Ellis (Morris - Bugg)
M: Ablett - Swan - Watson - Wingard - Clifton - Ledger (McDonald - Magner)
R: Cox - Mumford (Giles - Redden)
F: Franklin - Fyfe - Martin - Dangerfield - Porplyzia - Smith - Pfeiffer (Kerridge - Dickson)

Still got 180k leftover with this team and not sure if I should use it or keep it for use during the year.

I keep chopping and changing on mine;

B: Goddard - Scotland - Deledio - Malceski - Lake - Clarke - Ellis (Morris - Bugg)
M: Ablett - Swan - Watson - Wingard - Clifton - Ledger (McDonald - Magner)
R: Cox - Mumford (Giles - Redden)
F: Franklin - Fyfe - Martin - Dangerfield - Porplyzia - Smith - Pfeiffer (Kerridge - Dickson)

Still got 180k leftover with this team and not sure if I should use it or keep it for use during the year.

Use the 180k to get another Premium in the midfield as yours is weak, you could downgrade both Ablett/Swan to 600-620k premium (Boyd/Priddis) and use that extra 120k to bring in yet another premium which should give you an extra 30+ points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back