Rate My Team for 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
dt-1.jpg

I will obv be making some changes after some NAB Cup games, but how does it look so far? My main concern is Trengrove

Put Martin on the field, and Trengove on the bench. Not enough premiums throughout your entire team.

Not sure about my midfield.

Deledio
Higgins
Palmer
Rich
Kerr
Dandgerfield
Scully
Oakley-Nicholls

Have $56,000 left.

I think you like Hawthorn a bit too much. Get rid of Lewis, and you can find better bench options than Peterson, Kayler-Thomson and Stratton. X Ellis is a line-ball decision.
Also, get rid of Higgins (strained hammy).

Thanks for the heads up on Higgins. Lewis is my wildcard. I have a feeling he has been groomed for an 'outside mid' type role given Hawthorn have plenty of 'inside mids' in Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge etc. He has trimmed down and much faster so me thinks he'll be handfed alot of ball from the above players.

He was a first round pick and still only 23 years old. It's worth noting he had no virtually no preseason last year as he injured his shoulder mid december and didn't return till round 4. He also carried a minor injury in his knee for the whole season and still managed to average 94 pts for the season.

dt-1.jpg

I will obv be making some changes after some NAB Cup games, but how does it look so far? My main concern is Trengrove

Mate you must have some $$'s left over yeah?? Not enough premiums...If it was me I'd be readjusting the backline....mcgrath, hurley, taylor......mids...burgoyne's fitness and durability??....forwards....Hale and Dangerfield questionable.......Talia???...will he get an opportunity??

Just my 2 cents worth anyway.......

Any feedback would be appreciated......thanks in advance.....

Backs

Carrazzo
Hodge
Gilbee
Newman
Greenwood
Kennelly
Ladson

Maguire, Davis

Mids

Mitchell
Thompson
Cooney
Dalziell
Young
Morabito

Trengrove, Bastinac

Rucks
Kreuzer
Mumford

Trengrove, Lobbe

Forwards
Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Pavlich
Gia
Gray
Ziebell
Ballantyne

Dennis Lane, Gumbleton

I'm not completely sold yet on Newman or Greenwood yet in the backs...midfield doens't look particularly strong and Gia and Ballantyne in the forwards also has me thinking........thoughts appreciated!!

I've got $316,600 if I take Burgoyne out. Who would you suggest as a replacement?

Well depends how much, if any, you want left over......some $$'s is good to keep aside...but that aside, I think it's a tricky price range.....maybe the likes of Ward, Swift, Masten, Rischitelli for something different???

Third attempt for me :p. Only 70k left over, which is an issue if i get hit with injuries.

Backs

Duffield
Carrazzo
Hodge
Harbrow
Kennelly
Broadbent
Ladson

Myers
Davis

Mids

Ablett
Gibbs
Cooney
Palmer
Trengrove
Martin, D

Morabito
Bastanic

Rucks

Kreuzer
Tippett

Lobbe
Warnock

Forwards
Riewoldt
Pavlich
Franklin
Kennedy
Gray
Dangerfield
Mayne

Gumbleton
Tapscott

Pretty happy with mine now. I don't think I'm over paying for anyone now, except for maybe Goddard. 205k left over, I'm not really looking to win the whole thing, just my competitions. I'll probably struggle for the first 5-6 rounds then I'll start trading for the bigger name players who have fallen in value.

12031539.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any feedback would be appreciated......thanks in advance.....

Backs

Carrazzo
Hodge
Gilbee
Newman
Greenwood
Kennelly
Ladson

Maguire, Davis

Mids

Mitchell
Thompson
Cooney
Dalziell
Young
Morabito

Trengrove, Bastinac

Rucks
Kreuzer
Mumford

Trengrove, Lobbe

Forwards
Riewoldt
O'Keefe
Pavlich
Gia
Gray
Ziebell
Ballantyne

Dennis Lane, Gumbleton

I'm not completely sold yet on Newman or Greenwood yet in the backs...midfield doens't look particularly strong and Gia and Ballantyne in the forwards also has me thinking........thoughts appreciated!!

Any advice would be great on my team above please......

Any feedback on the above Fatboys team will be much appreciated

Personally I just could not feel comfortable with that forward line. Disaster waiting to happen.

Higgins, Gray, Houlihan, Ziebell, Hall, Dangerfield, Henderson as your starters. It could come off well but you would struggle to pick a more unreliable looking forward line.

Pretty happy with mine now. I don't think I'm over paying for anyone now, except for maybe Goddard. 205k left over, I'm not really looking to win the whole thing, just my competitions. I'll probably struggle for the first 5-6 rounds then I'll start trading for the bigger name players who have fallen in value.

12031539.png
Just swapped Goddard for S.Fisher. 287k left over. :D:D:D

Spoke to PIHL last night about my team, and she said it was shit so I started again

players

backs
Enright (geel)
Kelly (geel)
Hodge (haw)
Mackie (geel)
Mattner (syd)
Kennelly (syd)

will play 1 of
McKernan (adel)
Davis (adel)
Trengove (pa)

midfielders
Ablett (geel)
Bartel (geel)
Corey (geel)
Selwood (geel)

will play 2 of
Trengove (melb)
Martin (rich)
Morabito (fre)
Shuey (wc)

rucks
Kruezer (carl)
Tippett (adel)

Lobbe (pa)
Cordy (wb)

forwards
Chapman (geel)
Goodes (syd)
Pavlich (fre)
Rioli (haw)
Dangerfield (adel)

will play 2 of
Sibosado (fre)
Tapscott (melb)
Johnston (syd)
Stewert (adel)

good?
bad?
Is having the Geelong midfield good or bad?

I saw this quoted just above mine and thought I would give you or any others some advice

DO NOT GET DANIEL TALIA!!!!!

There is no spot for him (he would be the #1 backup in the SANFL though and would have to rely on 1 of Rutten, Bock, Davis and Stevens to be injured) and he would have to be in better form than James Sellar.

You would do much better with Jack Trengove (Port Adelaide)
he will probably get 5+ games this year. Where as Talia will have to rely on other players getting injured to get more than 2 games (I would give him a 75% chance of 1 game, 25% chance of 2 games, and 2% chance of hacing over 2)

Plus I personally feel Trengove>Scully of last years draft. But that's just personnal opinion, I'm not going to demand you change that

Is having the Geelong midfield good or bad?

It's good in theory but in practice I think you'll find that more often than not, all of those guys won't fire on the same day (to the level you'd want for your elite mids).

Personally, I think you'd be better off spreading your midfield a bit between elite players from some other teams. Afterall, if there's one position where there's no lack of guns to choose from it's in the mids.

I'm currently running with:

Back: B. Goddard, A. Carazzo, L. Hodge, L. Gilbee, N. Malceski, T. Keneally, J. Hunt, B. Sheppard, P. Davis
Midfield: S. Pendlebury, B. Vince, R. O'Keefe, A. Cooney, S. Higgins, D. Martin, M. Barlow, L. Shuey
Ruck: M. Kreuzer, K. Tippett, R. Warnock, M. Lobbe
Forward: A. Goodes, L. Franklin, C Rioli, M. LeCras, T. Hawkins, P. Dangerfield, S. Gumbleton, T. Dennis-Lane, L. Tapscott

$5,500 left over after that.

I'm pretty happy with it.

I like my rookies across all positions, I think they are all fair chances to improve in value.
I think I have 3 lowish priced defenders in Malceski, Keneally and Hunt who will be improving in value (Ladson was another I was considering here).
I think my higher end defenders and midfielders should all be pretty consistent and should be playing as close to 22 matches as possible.
I think my ruck combination is a fairly standard one looking around here.
My forward line I'm not so sure on - only one player above $400k, though I think I have quality in my $300-400k selections. I was possibly looking at Ziebell to take one of the places, but I'm not sure who. Im leaning towards him replacing Hawkins, but I get the feeling Hawkins is going to have a bit of a break out this season.
I tried to balance well across all teams, I think I'm lacking a little in Geelong/St Kilda players but I think looking at player values, I've done reasonably well in my picks from other teams. I do have 5 Swans, but I think I've picked the most promising forward rookie, two guys in defence who are underpriced if they play to their potential, and then two consistent performers in Goodes and O'Keefe, so I'm not too worried about that.

Thoughts? Have I spent too much money? I've never played this before, so I don't know if I should be looking to spend all the cap or, if not, how much to leave.

I'm currently running with:

Back: B. Goddard, A. Carazzo, L. Hodge, L. Gilbee, N. Malceski, T. Keneally, J. Hunt, B. Sheppard, P. Davis
Midfield: S. Pendlebury, B. Vince, R. O'Keefe, A. Cooney, S. Higgins, D. Martin, M. Barlow, L. Shuey
Ruck: M. Kreuzer, K. Tippett, R. Warnock, M. Lobbe
Forward: A. Goodes, L. Franklin, C Rioli, M. LeCras, T. Hawkins, P. Dangerfield, S. Gumbleton, T. Dennis-Lane, L. Tapscott

$5,500 left over after that.

I'm pretty happy with it.

I like my rookies across all positions, I think they are all fair chances to improve in value.
I think I have 3 lowish priced defenders in Malceski, Keneally and Hunt who will be improving in value (Ladson was another I was considering here).
I think my higher end defenders and midfielders should all be pretty consistent and should be playing as close to 22 matches as possible.
I think my ruck combination is a fairly standard one looking around here.
My forward line I'm not so sure on - only one player above $400k, though I think I have quality in my $300-400k selections. I was possibly looking at Ziebell to take one of the places, but I'm not sure who. Im leaning towards him replacing Hawkins, but I get the feeling Hawkins is going to have a bit of a break out this season.
I tried to balance well across all teams, I think I'm lacking a little in Geelong/St Kilda players but I think looking at player values, I've done reasonably well in my picks from other teams.

Thoughts? Have I spent too much money? I've never played this before, so I don't know if I should be looking to spend all the cap or, if not, how much to leave.

You spend as much as you need......personally i'd move O'Keefe and Higgins out of the mids...your forwards need some more premiums....like the pick of Le Cras....should be interesting to see how he goes...for round one you really want one of your cheaper forwards to be playing since Franklin is out for that game...

Backs: Enright, Cornes, Hodge, Carrazzo, Kennelly, Smith, Waters/Sheppard, Davis

Mids: Bartel , Pendlebury, Burgoyne, Dalziell, Trengove, Martin/Morabito, Sheuy

Rucks: Tippet, Kruezer/Skipper, Trengove

Fwd: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Harvey, Gia, Sylvia, Ziebell, Dangerfield/Dennis-Lane, Tapscott

Thoughts please?

Comments please... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back