Rate the fast food restaraunts

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone knows KFC is bad for you but occasionally nothing beats just getting a bucket of the Colonel's finest and gorging yourself.
Most of the other choices...meh! Although i am partial to a decent pizza. Don't like Maccas or Red Rooster much and haven't had Oporto. I think Nandos is pretty nice but not worth it. I mean, I'd rather have a $10 T-bone chips and salad from The Chalk Hotel in Brissy than spend $17 on a burger/chips/drink combo from Nandos. :)

I like Salsas in the food court downstairs below the Novotel in Collins Street (Australia on Collins I think it's called). Surprised a few more of these haven't popped up. Their spicy crinkle cut chips are the equal of the shaker fries that McD had. And that is a big call.

Out of the rest, I would go with Maccas. At least they have something that most people can eat. Good variety. Getting frozen coke and coke zero renewed my faith.

Red Rooster flayva combo is the best fast food out there, the rest of the menu is very ordinary though.

Oporto's is ordinary but their snack wraps are fantastic, used to be two dollars, now three dollars, still the goods though.

Chicken Treat >>>> Red Rooster. Its BBQ chicken but its greasier and the chips are good. Best chicken salt ever.

I don't eat fast food, but used to like Red Rooster's and KFC's chips when I was younger.

Subway would be OK if it weren't for the fact that all they serve are rolls the size of my ****ing arm.

My top 5 fast foods:

1. Subway - meatball/chicken fillet combo cant beat it! 10/10
2. Nandos - love their chicken and chips! 9/10
3. KFC - cheese and bacon zinger burger yummmmm 8.5/10
4. Hungry Jacks - Best cheeseburgers going around! 7/10
5. Red Rooster - Strip subs alright 6.5/10

hate maccas!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

red rooster > everything else.

I haven eaten there since my bro worked there and said they went to the toilet and didn't wash there hands. haha not all of them are like that but I still don't like to think about it.

Best meal.. Chips from maccas, Burger from Hungry Jacks and Drink from KFC. If you have to have sides I chose crispy strips from KFC. :D

Lord of the Fries - who thought vegetarian (soon to be vegan or have they already made the switch) food could be so damn tasty. the burgers are fantastic although lacking variety, well cooked chips and the sauces are both bizarre and incredible. cost is a bit high though

8.5/10

HJ's for mine are the WORST....take forever to get your order, and no guarantee that they'll get it right.

KFC have gone downhill steadilly whilst Maccas is OK but only OK.

Subway is OK but that depends on where you go (there are 4 of them in this town).

Eagle Boys would be better if they didn't have total nut job ********s running the joint. One night we ordered 3 pizzas at about 10pm with no-one else, they were barely ready by 11pm and we were almost late for work. Don't order from the other pizza shops.

Haven't tried Nando's that opened here a couple of months ago.

Mcdonalds- 5/10 double quarter pounder with cheese is the only thing I get also I reckon they have halved in size on the burgers...I dont buy this salad crap its fast food its meant to be artery clogging, greasy stuff.

H'J-7/10-burgers are the best IMO, fries average, service worse than maccas. but still I like them.

KFC-10/10 IMO the greasiest probably because health wise its worse than the rest but its the best tasting...lovbe the zinger burger and wicked wings.

Subway- dont particuarly believe they are as healthy as they say they are overpriced as well IMO. 4/10

Maccas - 4/10 boring as ****, their new chicken stuff has nothing on KFC and their beef burgers have nothing on Hungrys. Don't like their chips.

Hungrys - 6.5/10 big fan of whoppers and grilled chicken but thats about it, bad chips like maccas. free refills gets them extra points

KFC - 9/10 delicious chicken, shitloads of different options to get and the best chips around. dont get the love here for their potato and gravy tho, disgusting stuff

subway - 7/10 delicious but very costly. don't have any decent sides

legs and breasts - 8/10 delicious chips and chicken, but their burgers are a bit dodgy.

I'd love to here what people think of nandos.

Clearly better than the rest you've rated IMO but it's too expensive. Classic chicken burger is good value though.

Health/cost not considered ... Nando's > KFC >>> the rest >>>> Red Rooster (anything > Red Rooster)

The only time I've eaten at Red Rooster in the last 12-18 months, I got a massive bone in the strip sub.

I used to work in Thornton Crescent in Mitcham (Melbourne) and there is a little cafe there that serves the best burgers in Melbourne that I have tasted for the price ($5.50 the lot). They don't do meal deals or anything but I always used to enjoy a chicken or hamburger with the lot every 2nd Friday. Fantastic!

From most frequented to least frequented-

Subway 8/10 - To go Limbo for a second, yes I have a Subway girl fetish. Putting that to one side, I love their cookies, I love their chicken, tuna, pizza, roast beef, meatball and steak rolls. I wish they would bring back the cajun steak promo, that sandwich rocked the house. I am there a couple of times a week.

McDonalds 7/10 - I reckon Micky dees gets a bad rap- if I'm drunk and there's one within staggering distance, I'm there.
Pros: New Chicken Fillet burgers (seriously, these are restaurant grade nowadays) Cheeseburgers, shoestring fries, sausage and egg mcmuffins, hotcakes. Price is always right- at uni I'd always find myself hunting under the car seat the day before payday, trying to find enough change for a cheeseburger meal to tide me over.
Cons: Healthy choice choices, big macs smothered in mayo, all menu items tale off in quality and the all night outlets.

Nandos 6.5/10 - Good food, pricey but.
Pros: ****ing great burgers with the works, love them peri peri chips.
Cons: Pricey but- the best works burger, with all the lashings + large chips and drink will leave you with not much change from $20. Also have a nasty tendency to serve up undercooked chicken in my experience.

HJs 5/10 - Maybe because I went to McDonalds first, their versions of fries, sundaes, burgers just taste slightly wrong to me.
Pros: Brekky Wrap (close to my single favourite fast food item at any chain).
Cons: Cost Ashley Sampi his career.

KFC 5/10 - For some people, but not for me.
Pros: The best chips, the best potato and gravy- really good combo.
Cons: Burgers seem to be dropping in quality every year- sweaty lettuce and stringy stringy chicken.

Chicken Treat/Red Rooster 1/10 - Yeargh.
Pros: None.
Cons: Lots.

There is a canadian (i think) chain called Triple Os, which has the flat out best fast food in the world...used to go to one in Hong Kong and I loved it to bits- if you ever want to understand how good a burger actually can be with genuinely premium ingredients, make sure you go to one at some point in your life- their mushroom burger used to make me weep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rate the fast food restaraunts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back