Ratings in Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

RLS

Senior List
Suspended
Jun 30, 2003
Well someone had to post it.

This is from Barry Dicks column in the Courier Mail.

AFL fans will not like the following figures, but, then again, they tell me they never read this page anyway? Last weekend's ratings for Channel 10's live coverage of AFL finals will have network bean-counters questioning whether it's worth taking them on again. Last Friday, the Swans-Cats semi drew an average of 64,000 viewers in southeast Queensland, putting Ten in last place (150,000 behind the NRL on Nine and behind the Test cricket on SBS, Strictly Dancing and Silent Witness on the ABC and Better Homes & Gardens and 1987 movie Dirty Dancing on Seven). The Broncos-Storm NRL game on Saturday night scored an average of 331,000 for Nine while the Adelaide-Port Adelaide AFL clash drew 66,000. No comment.

RLS said:

AFL fans will not like the following figures, but, then again, they tell me they never read this page anyway? Last weekend's ratings for Channel 10's live coverage of AFL finals will have network bean-counters questioning whether it's worth taking them on again. Last Friday, the Swans-Cats semi drew an average of 64,000 viewers in southeast Queensland, putting Ten in last place (150,000 behind the NRL on Nine and behind the Test cricket on SBS, Strictly Dancing and Silent Witness on the ABC and Better Homes & Gardens and 1987 movie Dirty Dancing on Seven). The Broncos-Storm NRL game on Saturday night scored an average of 331,000 for Nine while the Adelaide-Port Adelaide AFL clash drew 66,000. No comment.

I love it! Stop stirring up Dr.Nick :eek:

Brisbane- AFL outrated by Silent Witness on ABC
Sydney- A SWANS match outrated by the Iron Chef

Dr.Nick, I think that is your introduction to start your rant.

i gtg for the weekend... However ive shown up Barry ********'s lies once before. A little digging beneath the spin and you'll see the truth.. Also you have to realise that it is a) Rugby League "heartland", and b) the Lions were not playing. If you would like to further your beliefs as to how RL in victoria is bigger than the AFL in Qld, dig up some ratings for non-storm matches shown in Melbounre, you'd be in for a rude shock.

Does Barry mention the crowds? Does Barry mention the merchandise sales? Does Barry mention the revenues? Does Barry mention the 20,000 ticket giveaway to NRL Finals matches?

You must be staggered how the Lions pull such massive crowds compared to NRL teams..

dr nick said:
i gtg for the weekend... However ive shown up Barry ********'s lies once before. A little digging beneath the spin and you'll see the truth.. Also you have to realise that it is a) Rugby League "heartland", and b) the Lions were not playing. If you would like to further your beliefs as to how RL in victoria is bigger than the AFL in Qld, dig up some ratings for non-storm matches shown in Melbounre, you'd be in for a rude shock.

You must be staggered how the Lions pull such massive crowds compared to NRL teams..

Welcome to Dr.Nicko Mathematics

(anti-AFL, pro RL) = misinformed or lying

(anti-RL, pro-AFL) = bible

Strange but true!

RLS said:

Did he quote the Parramatta v Manly figures??

Whats the bet if the swans get really good ratings tonight, everyone will be saying that AFL has taken over NSW, even though we all know what their ratings have been like this year and every year.

Quite a funny part on the footy show last night, Reg in Sydney asking about the Swans and Sam in Melbourne asking about the Storm, no one from any city had a frigging clue who was doing what :eek:

Tutaki said:
Welcome to Dr.Nicko Mathematics

(anti-AFL, pro RL) = misinformed or lying

(anti-RL, pro-AFL) = bible

Strange but true!
Nope, i just have my suspicions about a guy who uses minumum figures vs peak figures in the past, and when the Lions beat the Broncos ratings, he says something about the Lions being beaten on the saturday night by some movie and the Broncos winning their afternoon slot, despite the lower viewer numbers. If he had credibility, like a Cameron Bell, i'd take it on face value, but you swallow it hook line and sinker.

And a bit rich for a bloke claiming that a caller of sea fm is a good guage of popularity don't you think?

• Banned
dr nick said:
Nope, i just have my suspicions about a guy who uses minumum figures vs peak figures in the past, and when the Lions beat the Broncos ratings, he says something about the Lions being beaten on the saturday night by some movie and the Broncos winning their afternoon slot, despite the lower viewer numbers. If he had credibility, like a Cameron Bell, i'd take it on face value, but you swallow it hook line and sinker.

And a bit rich for a bloke claiming that a caller of sea fm is a good guage of popularity don't you think?

The Lions don't beat the Broncos ratings, only happened once 2-3 years ago, and then they were the ones using peak v's average numbers.

what a crock. SE queensland is far more pro lions and the AFL comapred to broncos and NRL. it doesn't stop with lions in the AFL. in SEQ sydney is also very popular as are derby games. how can you possibly say a broncos game rated better than the lions? broncos are not well followed here like they once were. its safe to say there are probably more st george fans than broncos fans. not only that, but noone likes a sydney centric comp.

Sherrinator said:
what a crock. SE queensland is far more pro lions and the AFL comapred to broncos and NRL. it doesn't stop with lions in the AFL. in SEQ sydney is also very popular as are derby games. how can you possibly say a broncos game rated better than the lions? broncos are not well followed here like they once were. its safe to say there are probably more st george fans than broncos fans. not only that, but noone likes a sydney centric comp.

The lions fans up here are bandwagon jumpers i'm afraid. With the lions decline this year the crowds have marginally gone down, some people may still be attending lions games, but not as much ppl as there used to be.

The broncos on the other hand (despite their recent slump) has had their average crowds go up this year. The only time I ever known when the Lions outrated the Broncos was the collingwood match in 2003 and one-eyed AFL people where crowing on about how afl will "Take-over" Qld. It quickly went back down to earth the following week.

The only time the AFL rates in Brisbane is when the lions play, any other teams then it doesnt rate. Now lets not go over the SBS Cooking show outrating Swans games again.

Sherrinator said:

Can i have some of the ********e you've been smoking?

Sherrinator is the most deluded uneducated amoebic dimwit I've ever come across on the internet, in the same mould as Johnny Wilkinson on Leagueunlimited.

You probably think the AFL is also becoming a major sport in Denmark and New Zealand don't you you silly dog ********.

AFL is the quaint provincial variation of ballet that involves testicle munching and gets outrated by the Iron Chef (SBS) and Queensland Cup games on the ABC on a regular basis.

Time to slit your wrists Sherrinator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cos789 said:
You obviously haven't seen the latest ratings for sydney and Brisbane have you .

Who give a stuff what the ratings are like for the last match, they had no RL going against it.

Crow about them when you start winning week in week out, untill then, NRL rules up their, you know it, i know it, AFL knows it and so does NRL.

When do the Tigers take on St George, if it is the same time as the AFL final, it will be interesting to see the ratings then.

RLS said:
When do the Tigers take on St George, if it is the same time as the AFL final, it will be interesting to see the ratings then.
LIVE on 9 @ 7.30pm Saturday.. kickoff @ 7.45pm.. therefore won't overlap with the curtain raiser to the evenings sporting action on another station.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratings in Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back