Ratten's first interview as coach

Remove this Banner Ad

He even has th ecliches ready, 110% Ratten, grab it by both hands.

Very excited by this. There is something great about Blues coming to help the blues, has been missing on the field for years, bit of solidarity might help.

Jeez, i was trying really hard to think who he reminds me of...he speaks exactly like Mark Thompson.

I just love the passion he has. He'll be great.

I couldnt help but giggle when he said "we're not going to go out there and kick 20 goals every week" *cough Pagan cough*

If we can keep the opposition from kicking cricket scores against us in the next six weeks then I will be satisfied. That's a start for me.

DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE-DEFENSE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that.

Looking forward to seeing Austin, Edwards, and maybe even Benjamin get a crack.

If Walker has surgery they could elevate one of Jacobs or Jamieson for a crack as well.

I feel like its last year all over again.
Going to the footy, not to look at the scoreboard but to watch the kids.:(
Oh, well, good luck to em.

Impressive. It is pretty clear the priority is not winning games though, for understandable reasons. It's more about giving the younger players a run, boosting up their confidence, and getting the right mindset going into the pre-season. :)

Yep, good interview! He seems to have embraced the oppurtunity. Very enthusiastic, which is whats needed! Looking fwd to seeing how he handles things, tactics/game plane wise.

Thanks for the link!

Ratten's first interview

:) Check out Ratten's first interveiw as coach at http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/39644

He makes a great first up impression, talking about getting the players excited and having some fun. Also stresses its more about the players than him - great point!

Gives the firm impression that he will be playing a number of new kids to see how they go. The only thing he can do. This can only be of benefit to Carlton in the long run.

Finally, makes referrence to and is vary aware of us supporters and the need to look after us.

All in all a great interview that will do his long term prospects no harm. I would have no objection to him being put up as our permanent senior coach.:thumbsu:

Thanks for that.

Looking forward to seeing Austin, Edwards, and maybe even Benjamin get a crack.

If Walker has surgery they could elevate one of Jacobs or Jamieson for a crack as well.

I feel like its last year all over again.
Going to the footy, not to look at the scoreboard but to watch the kids.:(
Oh, well, good luck to em.

:cool: Jamieson is the one.Then we can consign that dud Ackland back to the Bullants where he belongs!!!!:thumbsu:

Couldnt help but feel inspired by that interview. Just hearing that the the young fellows like JR and PB will be given a shot will give them massive boost in confidence. To be honest i couldnt think of any 1 better to be our coach, other than McKenna who is available, but i would rather have Rats.

That interview was really good, Hes going to give the youngsters more of a go and not leave them on the bench like pagan did. These last few weeks we should see a different carlton side, more passion for the club is what i want to see. I think we should give the job full time next year, not sure about voss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ratten's first interview as coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Back