Brownlow Medallist
Oct 25, 2001
Northern Suburbs
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
IOM Gyms, Preston Nth End
May I post in your forum?

Ray Hall is a decent versatile player who I reckon could get a lot better. I heard last year he was on the trading block but with the manouvering to get Brown the potential deals all fell through.

Was he up for traing? Is he on the block again? I'd love to see him at the Pies, you can't have enough versatile big blokes.

Was up for trade last year.

Wont be this year,especially considering how stupid the club will look after the ass kissing they had to do to get him back after he walked out for being treated like schit.

I wish people would stopping bagging Ray Hall. He IS versatile. He can play defence, forward and I believe he is our only ruckman against Geelong with both Ottens and Stafford out. Give the guy a break. he shouldnt be up for trade again since we signed him up on a 2 year contract at the end of last year. He also had every right to be upset at being trade bait. The players are human, after all.

IDGAF said:
Another mediocre player . Ask yourselves this , do you see him standing at full back in a premiership side ? He is and should only be there to add a bit of depth , not to hold down a KP

not at full back but as a rebounding third tall who can also be swung forward or into the ruck if needed - yes

Well he's needed in the ruck today and according to the Live stats page on AFL.Com at the 16 minute mark of the second Qtr he has had 3 Hitouts to Stephen Kings 14.

really i think he has played some good games at full back and some not so good. it is obvious he is not suited to being our number one defender, but to say he has been crap is taking it too far. as stated earlier he should be the third defender as he actually isnt bad at rebounding and drifting forward, i still think the best game he played for us was that final vs carlton, and that was his role that day. i wouldnt be trading him, i would be looking at developing two other key position players to play fb and chb so razor can mind the resting ruckman or take the third tall.

Rodgerramjet said:
I would trade him, he's never going to be a star.

what we would get for him would never be a star either. he is a versatile player and worth more playing for us than what anyone would give for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't Ray going to be a key backman this year? Sure he's had goals kicked on him (who hasn't) but with the total lack of pressure and accountability our boys show toward their opposition midfield David Dench, Geoff Southby and even the great Greg Strachan would have had bags kicked on them. So now he's a wing/flank/ruck/tagger.

Ray Hall is a good back-up player. He is not a KPP. With some good recruiting of KP backline players he will be handy to keep around. Has had a fair season.

pebsy54 said:
Wasn't Ray going to be a key backman this year? Sure he's had goals kicked on him (who hasn't) but with the total lack of pressure and accountability our boys show toward their opposition midfield David Dench, Geoff Southby and even the great Greg Strachan would have had bags kicked on them. So now he's a wing/flank/ruck/tagger.

you have a good point. razor has done ok under the circumstances. there are a number of positions he can play and that is his main strength imo. i would be keeping him that is for sure.

I agree with the guys saying that he should be taking the 2nd or third tall. He was tried as the FB at the start of the year, and i actually thought he did a descent Job. I think we need to recruit/mould A FB and another key defender. Rayzor is not a bad Player. he is a penetrating kick and has some descent run. I think he DEFINATELY needs a lot more body size and work on his skills (They all do), and with a bit of luck could be turned into a pretty handy defeder down back.

On the other hand - why not chuck him at CHF for the remaining games of the saeason, he can do no worse than morrison/gaspar...etc etc that have been tried there over the past couple of months. He is pretty descent over head, a good lead, and a penetrating kick...

His value will be when we get better and we can play him off the bench. 10 minutes in the ruck, 10 minutes in defence, 10 minutes up forward, 10 minutes on the wing. Throw him in a couple of centre bounces as a ruck-rover. Use him tactically to create miss-matches by taking him on and off and stretching the opposition. He can cover for injuries by understudying at both ends of the ground AND be a 4th choice ruckman. Good value utility man.

He isn't though capable of being a key position player or ruckman that you can rely on for a full game.

he is nothing more than a galloping giraffe who should be cut loose.

Did anyone else see him dropping chest marks and missing targets from 15 metres away? To think this guy held the club to ransom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray Halls future

Remove this Banner Ad

Back