Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
Time to look ahead to round 2. Huge game for us in 2 weeks time.

INs

Bennell
Thompson

OUTs

Martin (shoulder)

Who do we have coming out for Bennell if fit? Hall or Sumner are the obvious choices.

Are we a chance at using our fast running and line breaking power to smash through Fremantles high pressure choking gamestyle. I have been saying it for months now but I think with players like Swallow, Prestia and Rischitelli hitting form in that area, we are not without a shot. Helping this is the fact we are playing on by far the biggest ground in the AFL, a field where we have almost always played our best footy(granted without a win yet)

Lots of room for Sammy Day and Tommy Lynch to work on from round 1's efforts in the 1 on 1 contests. Vast wings for Harbrow, Matty Shaw, Bennell and Stanley to work with.

I have a feeling about this game. Just a small one but its a good one all the same. I don't think we are going to win, but on the same note we are not without a chance. We beat Richmond last week but time to really test ourselves against a 'GENUINE' top 4 contender.

Early tip - Freo by 20. SUNS earn respect by being competitive all the way.

Can't see us playing as bad as Richmond did. If we do, we are going to get a shock.
Richmond had a few passengers, Freo won't have anyone not doing the team thing.

Id say Cameron out for Rory...
Id rather keep Cameron in and drop A.Hall...but for balance we can't....
Tim Sumner must stay in...this guy will click soon...

the other thing we much do, is kick those MUST GET goals.....our 3rd qrt misses were disgraceful....we CANNOT miss those opportunities against FREO (or anyone really). Cannot stand super gut busting hard work done by the mids let down by inefficient conversion inside 50....

Id say Cameron out for Rory...
Id rather keep Cameron in and drop A.Hall...but for balance we can't....
Tim Sumner must stay in...this guy will click soon...

the other thing we much do, is kick those MUST GET goals.....our 3rd qrt misses were disgraceful....we CANNOT miss those opportunities against FREO (or anyone really). Cannot stand super gut busting hard work done by the mids let down by inefficient conversion inside 50....

Is there any certainties that Rory will be ready by then?

Yeah, thats the other Q hey....i assume HE and H will be getting some more minutes in the NEAFL this weekend.....surely, barring any mishaps, they'd both be right for Freo...

Wouldnt be a disaster to see Rory come back in round 3 because with Freo's lack of gorilla forwards we could probably cover them with Warnock, May and Cameron quite sufficiently.

Allows us to retain some pace for the big ground alsp

We let cotchin and delidio do what they want against us but won the midfield battle, do we give someone a run-with role against one of their mids (fyfe)?

Koladashian had 45 possies in the NEAFL....all of a sudden, we are flushed with Back 6 options.....add Seb Tape to the mix...

45? Seriously? Can't wait to see this guy get a run... Sounds like it all came together for him last year when he found the confidence and realised he could play. Could be anything.

After watching Freo the other night I think they'll be too good at home. They have big bodies and are pushing for a flag... That said, we've got to take it to them in this game. Our best is good enough.

We let cotchin and delidio do what they want against us but won the midfield battle, do we give someone a run-with role against one of their mids (fyfe)?

Stanley to curb Fyfe at times. Will keep him in check all whilst winning his own ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering the game is in 2 weeks time I'm expecting Zac Clarke to come back in for Freo. Sandi and Clarke will monster Nicholls and Dixon. Broughton will likely take a lock down role on one of Walters or Ballantyne, with maybe May or Warnock taking the other? Pav dominated Nathan Brown on Friday but poor kicking prevent him kicking a bag. I made a bit of a fool of myself last year when I said I was worried as a Freo fan leading into the game only to see GC get rolled, and tbh I wouldnt be surprised if the same happens when we meet again. Against Collingwood there was a real offensive streak in Freo that I had never seen before under Ross Lyon. It's still early but I think Fremantle has taken their game to another level and I dont think the Suns will be able to contain it.

Last edited:
Considering the game is in 2 weeks time I'm expecting Zac Clarke to come back in for Freo. Sandi and Clarke will monster Nicholls and Dixon. Broughton will likely take a lock down role on one of Walters or Ballantyne, with maybe May or Warnock taking the other? Pav dominated Nathan Brown on Friday but poor kicking prevent him kicking a bag. I made a bit of a fool of myself last year when I said I was worried as a Freo fan leading into the game only to see GC get rolled, and tbh I wouldnt be surprised if the same happens when we meet again. Against Collingwood there was a real offensive streak in Freo that I had never seen before under Ross Lyon. It's still early but I think Fremantle has taken their game to another level and I dont think the Suns will be able to contain it.

We are not Collingwood buddy. You should win but don't expect to steam roll us. Could name a few Richmond flogs who said the same thing and are very quiet at the moment.

If we get rolled again this year we have gone backwards. Cannot see it happening. 20-30 point margin.

We are not Collingwood buddy. You should win but don't expect to steam roll us. Could name a few Richmond flogs who said the same thing and are very quiet at the moment.

If we get rolled again this year we have gone backwards. Cannot see it happening. 20-30 point margin.
We're not Richmond either. Despite what the Richmond flogs thought the Suns win on Saturday was almost inevitable. They dont know the meaning of the word defence which allowed the Suns speed to penetrate their midfield with ease. I'm not expecting a flogging and as a Suns fan too I'll be disappointed if it was, but just from what I saw from Freo on Friday I dont expect the Suns to get much of a sniff either.

We're not Richmond either. Despite what the Richmond flogs thought the Suns win on Saturday was almost inevitable. They dont know the meaning of the word defence which allowed the Suns speed to penetrate their midfield with ease. I'm not expectinug a flogging and as a Suns fan too I'll be disappointed if it was, but just from what I saw from Freo on Friday I dont expect the Suns to get much of a sniff either.

Sigh. Hate to say it but I agree. Not much of a chance of us winning. Just think we wont roll over and die.

Really want to see Kade play but no one can come out for him at the moment. Depth is looking good. His kicking skills would be useful against Freo. Going to have to hit our targets all night or we will be punished badly.

Where does kade fit in now? you'd think lemmens and Broughton have shown enough that small back role. We need a medium size lock down defender either clay or seb and McKenzie has that rebounding role. Kade might debut on a wing?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Where does kade fit in now? you'd think lemmens and Broughton have shown enough that small back role. We need a medium size lock down defender either clay or seb and McKenzie has that rebounding role. Kade might debut on a wing?

Nah no need to force a spot for him. No room for him at the moment.

Not yet, but if he continues to rack up 40+ in the 2s you have to reward that.

Agreed. Too hard to drop anyone at this stage. All played well. Especially Broughton, played out of his skin was fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back