Game Day Rd 6 - Freo vs Bin Chickens (Away)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Well here it is! I must admit that when I put my hand up for this I didn't think I'd be facing the unholy trinity of AFL/Adelaide's F**k Y*o to the Dockers, the Eagles getting a game against Richmond Reserves and school starting back, yet here we are.

I was lucky enough to start following the Dockers in 2014, courtesy of my beautiful wife, and derbies were fun. Then came the dark times...

Scared Episode 2 GIF by Portlandia

They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn and little did I know that, despite having to eat Margett's brand shit sandwiches 11 times, an epoch of pain and hopelessness was about to engulf the Chardonnay soaked end of town.

5 wins in 52 games. A win percentage of less than 10%. The Eagles have been historically shit. They're crying for a priority pick. It's gotten frankly boring and Carlton have replaced them as our nemesis. I was, in all honesty, not really looking forward to this weekend. Oh how things change.

REID ALL ABOUT IT!

Worst.jpg

After putting a team of young no names to the sword, the Eagles are back baby! Harley's got his engine running, Yeo is back to his best and the mighty Jake Waterman is fresh off a bag; watch out Dockers the Eagles are flying high once more!

star-trek-star-trek-tos.gif

And let's face it. They have to be high to think they're a chance this weekend. Don't get me wrong, stranger things have happened, and derbies worldwide are littered with cellar-dwellers taking out more fancied opponents, but if we play half as well as the last two weeks, we should win this at a canter.

WHO'S BACK?
Just a guessing game currently but Darcy and possibly Freddie (no backflips please mate, you'll hurt yourself) have been mooted to return, which would give us a bit more pace, and allow the Unicorn to run free around the paddock, before feasting on the corpse of Bailey Williams in the 3rd after Hodor has had his way with him. Tabs hopefully is no where near the forward line and Amiss is fully recovered from Jerk-Thatcher's attempt at organ removal.

KEY MATCHUP?
Sure we're looking forward to Pearce and Ryan giving Darling and Waterman a bath, the triple J's take on McGov and Barrass, and Fyfe vs Ginbey (at least young Ginbey is anyway), but if we're at all honest there's only one matchup we're looking forward to...

TvH.jpg
Harley's Handoff vs The Big KAHUNA!!!! What will happen when the irresistible force meets the immovable object? Can Harley's wrist stand up to the sheer force of nature that is Cyclone Treacy? I cannot wait! Hopefully we see Josh flatten young Harley before once again showing his elite field kicking and hitting his mate Jye lace out. OOOOOOOO WHAT A RUSH!!!

Freo by a hundred and plenty, Bailey Banfield best on.

PS: I am not a crackpot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, never knew that. I was just looking, I was at Modra kicking 10 against Melbourne in 1999, but 'only' 22 team goals that day

Pav - 6
Headland, McPharlin - 5
Medhurst - 3
Bell, Carr, Siegert - 2
Black, Farmer, Webster - 1

The insta post from today was well played by our socials team. I cant seem to link it here for some reason...

Minimum ten goal win this one! LFG!!!!

The question is do I want a performance good enough to get Simmo sacked this derby or the next 🤔

The performance will be good enough that he should be sacked, but wont be. Perfect for salty, salty tears.

Then we want them to finish on 6 wins. Enough that they wont get a priority pick and they will get pick four. All good things for long term struggle.

We should have a comfortable win today but I’m not expecting a full on thrashing of West Coast.
Serong will have a ripper and should get the Derby medal. I’m expecting Luke Jackson to kick a couple of goals and would love to see Jye and Josh kick six between them.

My brother is braving the filth to watch HR with his swagger (of which his coach is so proud) get taught a lesson in humility when he’s shown up for the arrogant, self inflated little snot that he is.

Dockers by 35.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back