Roast RD 7:- Game Review Blues v Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

11 disposals @ 36% efficiency. If he is getting better, he must be coming off a very low base. That sort of performance makes Matt Priddis look like a polished performer.

Ah, a stats man. Good for you. And there you were telling me you were at the game. It's not like I'm calling him Hill or anything (and isn't he a beauty).

Even so, it's a better return than Warnock. 7 very serviceable games in 2009 better than Warnock.

FWIW, Kreuzer is OK, Hampson is a crab who is still better than Warnock who is a very expensive weight around your clubs neck.

Ah, a stats man. Good for you. And there you were telling me you were at the game. It's not like I'm calling him Hill or anything (and isn't he a beauty).

Even so, it's a better return than Warnock. 7 very serviceable games in 2009 better than Warnock.

FWIW, Kreuzer is OK, Hampson is a crab who is still better than Warnock who is a very expensive weight around your clubs neck.

Haven't you already been told to piss off. I suggest you do it!

I was at the game, but the stats were readily available on a number of websites when I arrived home (it only takes 15 minutes to get home from Carrara).

FWIW, if 11 disposals is a serviceable game, in this modern era of high possessions, then someone's standards are set very low. BTW, 36% efficiency equates to Suban having 4 effective disposals for the game. Watch out Gary Ablett, you are under threat.

Yarran made Suban look second rate.

Bower was excellent tonight as well.

Amen to that brother. Little Bow Wow's last two games on Buddy then Pav have been great. His disposal and decision making is getting better too. I read a post a little earlier where someone said they wanted Bower to take the game on more - I think he is quite creative with his run, always runs to space to receive after he has given off a handball. Very happy with the way he is progressing.

Hey chopsticks - hope you improve your comprehension skills while only allowed to read for a week LOL You couldn't see that coming MUCH and your little protest post was even erased LOL Some might think you wanted red but not when you have a big mouth like yours :p

I bet when fev kicked 8 last week you were all loving him now he has a bad game where he was clearly injured an the knives are out.
My guess is he was left out there not to be a forward option but more of a dummy leading forward.
Take away a defender an create space for Waite or cloke to get into.

If he goes of the ground it means tarrant who has been good in defence for us would have moved onto Waite and i think he would of done a better job on him than Grover did as he was outsized an too slow.
During the game i kept yelling out ffs put tarrant on waite hes the most dangerous looking forward option.

So by fev staying out there injured aslong as it didnt cause more permanent damage it was more handy using him in that role than having him sit on bench all night.

Bring back Browne Dog, Grigga and Carlos for next week's game..
Arsefield is really starting crap me off (so to speak) with his urine poor kicking skills and lack of football smarts ..

Bring back Setanta please, atleast he plays with PASSION. If russel is in the team next week im just not going, 5 years and hes still crap...its just unbelievable how badly our recruiters ****ed up with that. Bring back Griggs too, hes still young and hopefully on the up, I know we have no other options but god i'd love to see Cloke get dropped...
So many other players I should be mentioning but forgot about, we just have to many passangers to make the top 8 atm, Robert Walls was spot on.

We've lost 4 of our last 5 guys, time to hit the panic button i'd say.

Hey guys,

I think that our intensity and endeavour was good today. The two reasons why we lost was firstly we played dumb footy by going wide and the second reason was because Fev didnt want to play and was a beaten man from the first bounce. I love the man and think he is a marvel, but he is a massive detriment to the team because he only plays the game for himself and on his terms. After tonights performance, whilst Fev is in our team we will never scale the heights we are destined for. I beleive he is good trade bait for a team like Melbourne who would see the the value of a forward of his ability to go with a guy like Watts and if they win under four games would be willing to give up their extra pick. Although at the beginning without Fev we would take an instant step backwards as a team, I feel that in the long run we would take a few steps forward and move into top four calculations.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet when fev kicked 8 last week you were all loving him now he has a bad game where he was clearly injured an the knives are out.
My guess is he was left out there not to be a forward option but more of a dummy leading forward.
Take away a defender an create space for Waite or cloke to get into.

If he goes of the ground it means tarrant who has been good in defence for us would have moved onto Waite and i think he would of done a better job on him than Grover did as he was outsized an too slow.
During the game i kept yelling out ffs put tarrant on waite hes the most dangerous looking forward option.

So by fev staying out there injured aslong as it didnt cause more permanent damage it was more handy using him in that role than having him sit on bench all night.
**** off back to your own board.
I can't believe we lost to the rabble that is Fremantle.
Finals are a long long way away.
Our class drops off massively after our best 8-10 players.

A week is a long time in footy - If Fev kicked that goal last week, we would be 3rd. If we played to our potential tonight, we would be 3rd.

If both of those very likely things happened, we would be a game clear in 3rd. If both of those very likely events had occured, everyone would be talking us up. Instead, neither happened, but that does not mean we aren't good enough for finals.

Liked your post mate, lot of truth to it regarding the roller coast ride.

However, would just like to point out that those if's never actually ocurred. Now I know we lost to Ess by a couple of points, I know Fev did not kick that goal last week, I know we played fairly ordinary last night, I know Fev was a waste of space out there last night. Lets just stick to reality, that would be events that have actually occurred, not could have occurred.

Good news is that we are in good company with regard to wins/losses. also the form of some players is great to see, Judd, Murphy, Gibbs(not always though), Bower, Jamison, Betts(not always), Kreuzer, Waite...great to see Yarran last night, good first game, joey has also been trying his heart out.

Not so good news, Kade Simpson, Wiggins, Cloke,JR, Nick Stevens, (up and down like a yo yo). Now to be fair some of these guys have played good games, not suggesting otherwise, just that you never know what you are going to get.

Real problem as I see it, our skills are shot, handballing, kicking, decision making is killing us, we have gone backwards since round 1 in these area's,
kicking into the man on the mark ffs.

As an aside, looks like Fev will be out next week with a soft hammy...because if he plays.....questions have to be asked.

WELL done Freo though, they wanted it.

well, i dont want to be seen as one of these ngative supporters because i watch or go to nearly every game and have done since i was 5, but all i can say is we could well and truly be the laughing stock of the comp by years end if we continue to play with the intent we have shown in that game, our season so far has been a failure, a realistic blues supporter would have to admit that, our season is on the line and it definitely doesnt get any easier with games against pies and crows, we've put ourselves in a very ordinary position now, there are so many passengers in this side and we rely on too few to get us out of trouble, which is a disgrace, i disagree with wallsy's comments about our bottom 6 not being good enough, its our bottom 12 which dont do enough, age isnt an excuse anymore, these players are in an elite compeititon and need to stand up and be counted

Nick Stevens has been awful pretty much since he came back in. We had momentum at that point as well.

Simple kicking and skill errors and handballing to no one or at feet of players kills us.

There is no spacial awareness by any of our players. At one point Eddie Betts had the ball 35 metres out nearly dead in front and snapped a shot. He could have straightend up and ran for a few metres so much time he had. But he was unaware.

Fev was uninterested tonight. I would have left Waite at full forward. It was working so why change it. Have Scotland doing the Waite job down back.

Kade Simpson works hard and I don't mind him but he is wasteful for someone with his experience.

We have won 1 of our last 5 now and that leaves us with Melbourne as the worst side in the league currently. If they can't lift against Collingwood and win next week the 8 may have slipped away again.

well, i dont want to be seen as one of these ngative supporters because i watch or go to nearly every game and have done since i was 5, but all i can say is we could well and truly be the laughing stock of the comp by years end if we continue to play with the intent we have shown in that game, our season so far has been a failure, a realistic blues supporter would have to admit that, our season is on the line and it definitely doesnt get any easier with games against pies and crows, we've put ourselves in a very ordinary position now, there are so many passengers in this side and we rely on too few to get us out of trouble, which is a disgrace, i disagree with wallsy's comments about our bottom 6 not being good enough, its our bottom 12 which dont do enough, age isnt an excuse anymore, these players are in an elite compeititon and need to stand up and be counted

Can't comment on this because I (and most others) don't read slabs of impenetrable, un-punctuated text. If you can't be bothered to at least make your post reader friendly why should I bother reading it?

What about kicking into the man on the mark with a set shot at goal when we are 8 points down with 3mins to go.

How stupid can anyone be????????????????????????????????

Christs sake. You're actually having a go at him for THAT?? He was 50 out FFS. He wasn't the only player to miss shots at goal (Judd, Murphy, Betts), but they all seem to get forgotten very quickly.

While your at it, remember Fev hitting the post from 25m out last week?

JR was solid last night - get over it.

And while Im at it - If you want to point the finger at some players I suggest you start with Fev. He was atrocious last night - simply atrocious. He was at his weak, disinterested and selfish best. Cloke got reamed, Wiggins did nothing again, Hampson still isnt ready, Thornton was hot and cold, Stevens had a shocker and Gibbs wasnt himself (again).

There was an overall lack of commitment and hardness from the team. They just looked like they couldnt be bothered. It felt like I was watching an exhibition match for all the intensity that was on show.

For such an important game it was just appauling.

Kudos to Kreuze, Murph, Judd, Waite, Bower and Scotland for trying.

I actually thought JR did OK last night as well.
We started joking that when JR got the ball he became the set up man. Did not actually do much to start the play however when he had the ball in his hands we often seemed to link up and go down the other end to kick a goal. Weird i know

Pros:
Judd - this guy walks on water and turns water into wine
Murphy - good game
Joseph & Armfield - made some wrong decision, some bad kicks, but really busted their guts out.
Bower - not bad, some of his spoiling were quite effective, but too much hesitation, he takes some small steps and swinging arms when he panics
Kruezer - good try, Sandilands is way too big.
Yarran - not bad in the 1st quarter.

Cons:
- Too bloody soft
- Tackling is more like hugging, someone please teach Simpson the chicken wing tackle, all of his tackles were not effective.
- Scotland 35 possessions, they are all cheap and easy ones. He just runs near a young player and demands the ball. I have seen him a lot of times trying to avoid a hard contest. He doesn't want to do any hard work, same with Stevens.
- Hampson has got Barnaby French's soft hands.
- Hard ball gets are non existent, when a freo player and a carlton player runs to the ball, carlton player bends down to pick the ball up, freo player dives on it and wins the contest. These sort of things happened in the Hawthorn game too.
- Cloke is fat and lazy, feel free to use some of the old Lance Whitnall jokes on him.
- Jamison is not as good as last year, his ball controlling was pretty bad.
- Nick Stevens deadly accurate foot pass is gone, which makes him a very ordinary player now.
- Our leadership group - Chris Judd, Nick Stevens, Brendan Fevola, Heath Scotland, Andrew Carrazzo and Kade Simpson. 1 was one brilliant, 1 is injured, the rest of them are pathetic.

Cameron Cloke needs to be playing for the Bullants next week. Even if the put Setanta in at least he provides a contest. Cloke at the moment is just a space filler. Doing nothing.

I wish we could pinch Sandilands from Freo somehow.

Not enough second efforts such as the following example from a 20 year old playing just his sixth game.

[YOUTUBE]9J27LwkM0wE[/YOUTUBE]

Tissues.

We need more Mark Austins who haven't been led by Thornton, Scotland, Camporeale, Whitnall, Stevens and Fevola for the past six seasons. You can't turn around six seasons of selfish or survival football overnight unless the coach cuts the players before they become deadwood.

And brings in young players...

In a way, Ratten has inherited a poison chalice with a a lot of the senior players getting games because no one else was pushing up. Thankfully we have quality young talent coming through to push and up replace the older players if they won't adjust to Ratten's game plan.

Fevola, Simpson and Thornton are the established players who should stay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast RD 7:- Game Review Blues v Dockers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back