RDFL 2017 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question IMS (or anyone), is this about sustaining or establishing more even playing fields across the entire goldfields region or an exercise to strengthen the BFL junior comp?

I assume there was consulatation with clubs like Darley and Bacchus Marsh about their interest in rolling across to the RDFL junior comp, if it reduce travel and still presented a competitive environment for kids to develop?

Again merely thinking out aloud here as I dont know how strong these clubs actually are in comparison to yours, but would an outcome like that alleviate or assist with current woes throughout the entire region?
And if it wasn't consulted upon, why not, and if not what the bloody hell is the board doing to keep the RDFL it's own entity merely administered by the Goldfields Hub staff? So confusing all this, if only back in about 2008 when some dodgy $hit went down it was dealt with properly and not covered up so that certain people could remain in certain positions ..... oops did I just say that out loud :huh:

I think a switch to odd age groups is the way to go. It closes the gap on that transition between 16s and 18s which I think has always been an issue, especially with environment and what kids at 16 are generally starting to do (part time jobs, girlfriends etc). I'm not so keen on 17.5 as an age group, I think 17s is about right and then a kick out to 19.5 for the thirds comp

The older the kids can be before they move into the senior club structure, the better IMO. With the club structures at alot of clubs having the junior and senior clubs as very different entities, currently you get a 16 year old kid in the senior club where all the fundraising and social functions involve drinking. Some clubs have real issues with underage drinking. Under 17.5 would be my preference or keep the even age structure but put under 18s back in the junior structure

WTF are we talking junior footy on this page. Don't they have their own forum. And know one cares what you think ITS MY SHOW, if you want the kiddies to move. Go buy a bus and move them.
Back to senior footy. And do us a favour and not right your thoughts on other clubs in the booklets, you just sound dumb.
Broadford and Lancefield seem to be in turmoil, is there any one of more on here that wants to talk big boy footy that can share the future of these 2 clubs?

WTF are we talking junior footy on this page. Don't they have their own forum. And know one cares what you think ITS MY SHOW, if you want the kiddies to move. Go buy a bus and move them.
Back to senior footy. And do us a favour and not right your thoughts on other clubs in the booklets, you just sound dumb.
Broadford and Lancefield seem to be in turmoil, is there any one of more on here that wants to talk big boy footy that can share the future of these 2 clubs?

Haha. Fair enough, although, I'm pretty sure that most on here would rather hear my thoughts than yours.

What are you looking for? Just someone to whack Lancefield or Broadford?

Last edited:
Well said traveler let me say some on here have a lot of passion at times might over think or discuss things that piss certain people off ( that obviously have there own agendas IMS) but there is reasons and that is the lack of stability that the rdfl has had from a board level as doona said it is not about the individuals seeking re election, its about the kids future still remember sitting in the meetings at broadford with board members promising the world and they where wrong to move. Where are these people now we got no help we just stood united put our hard earn $$ busted our arses and moved on had a crack ( these people left are worn out ) but the bulk of the players and outside help come from outside broadford it's a long drive 3-4 times a week it was never going to be a long term fix but we had a go. It seems Kilmore move has been plus plus plus i ask broadford or Lancefield committee members what assistance has the league offered and guidance in the last 12 months ???
These are the real issues and if these clubs need to move they need to be supported and helped by AFL Victoria to survive after all the AFL is all about supporting grass roots that's what this should be about .

I disagree completely. Kids just want to play footy. Sure, an introduction period through the two youngest age groups prior to expanding will be required, but that's a 2 year process at most.

But the "kids won't play at all" excuse is utter rubbish. If they decide not to play, they never really wanted to play in the first place.

Sorry mate my nephew was going to give the game away and play soccer if he didn't play at HIS club of choice. Now playing at Gisborne and he is from a football family.

Like I said earlier, capped sides and numbers exist across Victoria and they are better balanced and more successful competitions, the fact remains, that the current structure in the RDFL junior competition is significantly flawed and needs a fix. I don't agree with the Sunbury, Gissy, Melton and Rupo move either, these clubs should and need to stay in the RDFL.

But the fact still remains, that the junior competition needs a fix, grading won't help, because then you have families with multiple children playing at multiple venues. The best fix is a cap.

This is only my opinion mind you, but one that successfully works state-wide.

What other sports has families and the kids (different age groups) all at the same venue?

What other sports has families and the kids (different age groups) all at the same venue?

Basketball generally does, soccer is experiencing growth but generally played at the same venues.

Well said traveler let me say some on here have a lot of passion at times might over think or discuss things that piss certain people off ( that obviously have there own agendas IMS) but there is reasons and that is the lack of stability that the rdfl has had from a board level as doona said it is not about the individuals seeking re election, its about the kids future still remember sitting in the meetings at broadford with board members promising the world and they where wrong to move. Where are these people now we got no help we just stood united put our hard earn $$ busted our arses and moved on had a crack ( these people left are worn out ) but the bulk of the players and outside help come from outside broadford it's a long drive 3-4 times a week it was never going to be a long term fix but we had a go. It seems Kilmore move has been plus plus plus i ask broadford or Lancefield committee members what assistance has the league offered and guidance in the last 12 months ???
These are the real issues and if these clubs need to move they need to be supported and helped by AFL Victoria to survive after all the AFL is all about supporting grass roots that's what this should be about .

This'll be good.

So what's MY AGENDA?

The junior talk is obviusly based upon peoples concerns for the future and sustainability of the game.You then mention lets talk about Broadford and Lancefield and they are perfect examples with the no U18s.They will not improve nor have a future without fielding an U18s so its super important.
Footballl outside the AFL is in big trouble and will only continue to slide with participation due to many factors such as money,work,drugs,internet,race,religion and culture etc etc.

Junior clubs if they ever realised hold more sway in terms of voting power than the senior clubs as at present there are more junior entities registered with the RDFL.

It's just a rolling discussion about viability and long term survival of the RDFL as it's own identity I thought.

Turmoil can be read in different ways, some say make ya bed lie in it, some blame everyone else instead of taking stock for decisions good and bad. Some understand the cycle local footy goes in, and some listen to opinions and appreciate just coz they don't align it don't mean they're wrong.

I can't wait for the finals, always a great time of year and this year promises to be no different with more legitimate claims for a tilt than in recent times

What ever happened to Hand to Foot? He burst on the scene early in season upset a few then vanished just as quick, this line of posting would be right up his alley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Goldfields seeking a new Development Officer, plenty of passionate football people on here who's thoughts may be of benefit

Junior clubs if they ever realised hold more sway in terms of voting power than the senior clubs as at present there are more junior entities registered with the RDFL.

It's just a rolling discussion about viability and long term survival of the RDFL as it's own identity I thought.

Turmoil can be read in different ways, some say make ya bed lie in it, some blame everyone else instead of taking stock for decisions good and bad. Some understand the cycle local footy goes in, and some listen to opinions and appreciate just coz they don't align it don't mean they're wrong.

I can't wait for the finals, always a great time of year and this year promises to be no different with more legitimate claims for a tilt than in recent times

What ever happened to Hand to Foot? He burst on the scene early in season upset a few then vanished just as quick, this line of posting would be right up his alley.

I think if you say "Hand to Foot" three times fast, David G logs out and logs back in.

Basketball generally does, soccer is experiencing growth but generally played at the same venues.
You're 100% incorrect with soccer. In fact local footy could learn a lot about grading from soccer. FFV have a clear ABC grade system but this does mean brothers rarely play at the same venue. Families rely on lifts from friends to get to and from venues.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

You're 100% incorrect with soccer. In fact local footy could learn a lot about grading from soccer. FFV have a clear ABC grade system but this does mean brothers rarely play at the same venue. Families rely on lifts from friends to get to and from venues.

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk

Fair enough, I only know of soccer from a discussion with an administrator a few years ago (probably to many years to be honest)

And that attitude by senior footy clubs toward their junior clubs is why some clubs struggle to exist. It's no coincidence that the stronger senior clubs have strong junior clubs and are involved in nurturing their kids into senior players and lifelong supporters and of their clubs. This potential move will damage the whole RDFNL (yes there's netball too. The attitude toward that is similar) as it will take 4 of the biggest and better operated clubs out of the system.

And that attitude by senior footy clubs toward their junior clubs is why some clubs struggle to exist. It's no coincidence that the stronger senior clubs have strong junior clubs and are involved in nurturing their kids into senior players and lifelong supporters and of their clubs. This potential move will damage the whole RDFNL (yes there's netball too. The attitude toward that is similar) as it will take 4 of the biggest and better operated clubs out of the system.
Hey I'm totally against the move for the juniors to be moved out of the rdfl league, as I think it is one of the strongest junior leagues around. My point being we (93%) of the people are on the page for senior discussions.

Hey I'm totally against the move for the juniors to be moved out of the rdfl league, as I think it is one of the strongest junior leagues around. My point being we (93%) of the people are on the page for senior discussions.
And by the weekend, I'm sure your discussions/insulting each other will continue. But mid-week when last weekends games had already been discussed and next weekends hadn't begun to be discussed yet, the other 7% of us are having an interesting conversation about the future of the league

And by the weekend, I'm sure your discussions/insulting each other will continue. But mid-week when last weekends games had already been discussed and next weekends hadn't begun to be discussed yet, the other 7% of us are having an interesting conversation about the future of the league
Yes junior footy is massively important but once they get to senior footy need to be coming into a structure that is strong and not lopsided or kids will get lost to either the $$$ or frustration of having no support and not continue to play our great game. I believe our biggest problem is transition from 16s up to 18s kids lacking direction support and moving up to a totally different culture this is where the league should focus if it wants to thrive .

Haha. Fair enough, although, I'm pretty sure that most on here would rather hear my thoughts than yours.

What are you looking for? Just someone to whack Lancefield or Broadford?
Wasn't whacking them. Was generally asking a question. Like any concerned rdfl person. Not like yourself who is all about ME ME ME and crap comments because you have no other direction in life to get a pat on the back from.

Well jump on to the junior forum and join in all the kiddies chat there. If big footy is the only way you can discuss the local footy, maybe you should head down to a club and chat to some people not a computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back