RDFL Thread 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if i'm wrong Itsmyshow but people on this thread are making direct comparisons from our league to the league that most affects us or that some of us are most interested in. Most find the debate intriguing and very relevant to our league. It's great to highlight teams or players in our league that we think could challenge B.F.L teams or positions in B.F.L teams (not bad for our boys confidence either). If we keep relating it back to our league we should be able to continue the debate. Me for one is sick of hearing B.F.L players (mainly Gisborne and Kyneton) runnong down our league and telling me that only a handful of players would make the grade. Having played seniors in both comps i think i'm qualified enough to say that's rubbish. Both leagues generally have different grounds, salary caps and facilities that combined have a bearing on players that play in the respective leagues and ultimately the style or brand of footy that's played (generally speaking). After watching my third B.F.L game this year I am without a doubt that their is a number of hard running, tough inside players with adequate skills and quick exceptionally well skilled outside players that would not only make the grade in the B.F.L but prosper. Some of whom would fit into the almighty Gisborne side. Lets not forget Comerford (a less fitter version admittedly) played Macedon last year and played in Gissy ones on the weekend. Although a very good player and I rate him he wasn’t a world beater in our league. So how many players could increase their fitness in our league and walk into the B.F.L? The answer is quite a few. And yes Matt you're spot on Kyneton is terrible at the moment-The injury excuse can only hold up for so long (but how many years)-It’s my opinion that the coach needs to go.

Agree, but if you read back, alot of what was mentioned in a round about way potted our comp, I for one feel more than a little insulted when somebody says "Give me your best side, wonder if it would beat Gissy in a match" I mean seriously, if it is relevant back to our league fine, but this is more of an insult than anything else in my eyes...

Agree, but if you read back, alot of what was mentioned in a round about way potted our comp, I for one feel more than a little insulted when somebody says "Give me your best side, wonder if it would beat Gissy in a match" I mean seriously, if it is relevant back to our league fine, but this is more of an insult than anything else in my eyes...
And a pointless excercise at that.

This looks to be a relevant and lively topic to me, i think your getting a little bit carried away here about the Gisborne stuff . If you would like to go back a few pages, you will notice it was your good mate Mongrel, that asked you to compare sides, which i thought was a fair and resonable topic to have on this thread when there was no RDFL games last week.

I'd also like to apologise to Bomber Besanko, he had a pretty bad year with his knee when he was at Gisborne, which obviously restricted him and he still managed to play the majority of the year in the seniors

This looks to be a relevant and lively topic to me, i think your getting a little bit carried away here about the Gisborne stuff . If you would like to go back a few pages, you will notice it was your good mate Mongrel, that asked you to compare sides, which i thought was a fair and resonable topic to have on this thread when there was no RDFL games last week.

I'd also like to apologise to Bomber Besanko, he had a pretty bad year with his knee when he was at Gisborne, which obviously restricted him and he still managed to play the majority of the year in the seniors

Yes he did, and now I am stating that the topic is DEAD.... NO MORE TROLLING......

As the all powerful Mod of the RDFL board I am putting a stop to all further trolling by Bendigo Football League posters on the RDFL thread, Gissy left the RDFL a long while ago and now it is time for everyone in here to let go and move on...

I will post a Luke Saunders thread on the Bendigo page if you would like....

Lets move on to this weeks games in the RDFL

HEAR, HEAR.
Had enough of Bombastic B.F.L promoters on our thread, with their inaccurate, predictable, provocative "DRIVEL" !

Think its called Cyberstalking a League !

wonder what the reasons are behind keenan wanting to leave kilmore? n has he actually decided to leave mid season?

Van, If you were playing in a team that looks like makeing finals like Kilmore are, there would be only one reason that would make me go to a team that has so far not looked like winning a game all year. $$$$$:):):):)

Wasn't being smart but just share an interest in all local clubs and reckon for the Wallan Footy Club to get up off it's knee's then the RDFL is the best option.

I know going back a few years for a brief moment there was talk about the future of the RDFL, I could be wrong but Wallan took right option of the time when it looked like 7-8 fellow clubs may have needed new homes and jumped into the DVFL.

To it's credit the RDFL has pulled up it's socks and is back on track both on and off the park and Wallan's re-inclusion can only be a massive plus in my opinion.

Tell me to bugger off mate, as I said my opinion only and for the sake of a few mates I have at Greenhill I just wanna see the Maggies competitive.

I agree with your opinion Doona, I think our club needs to go back to the RDFL to survive. I think it might all depend on weather the DVFL goes to 3 divsions or not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be there to watch with bells on.

Any people interested in watching me make my RDFL junior umpiring debut? I'll post my appointment up on Thursday morning.

Good luck Matt in your new role. I had the opportunity to have a couple of RDFL umpire my teams game that I coach (VAFA) on the weekend. They were very good and let the game flow. There centre bounces were a very good standard which added to the whole game. So you may have some lofty standards to live up to Matt! I was happy to tell my blokes the umpires came from my old comp which I have played and coached in. On that its good to read the comp is improving and will continue to do so with correct interpreation of the rules by the umpires ! :thumbsu:

Towns within the RDFL area eg; Riddell, Romsey, Woodend and even Sunbury people, need to start realising that sponsors bring money to a club! They're is no point a business pumping thousands of dollars into a side that plays 100km+ up the road! It is a joke! That is what killed this league years ago, following Sunbury and Gisborne!

A little wake up call to your local CBD's that poeple in your community are the soul of your business, not people from 100k away, so for this league to grow again, we need money put back into it, instead of being pissed up the wall!

Little frustrated after seeing that many signs around Gardiner Res on the weekend that are business not only from Gisborne but from Riddell and Macedon etc! Put money into your local clubs and save clubs like the Cats! No one from Bendigo or Ballarat have an interest in what happens in Sunbury or Gisborne as a whole!

Extremely pertinent point, maybe we the general public should start voting with our feet when it comes to supporting these business's.

Great to see the RDFL crowd at Gissie on Staurday. There were ppl from Sunbury, Macedon, Riddell, Woodend even Lancefield thanks for supporting our clubs great day. Hope you enjoyed yourselves and we'll see ya next time

Caught a glimpse of the Blues training tonight, not big numbers and it's hard to tell who's who in all the different kits but a couple of unfamiliar faces caught my eye lads . . . . . little wiry bloke in the Western Bulldogs jumper (no number) and a left footer with a predominantly maroon jumper with a splash of white and yellow (#52). For me Plugger got the votes hit his targets more than most, the bloke in the ACK #17 went ok too.

Great to see the RDFL crowd at Gissie on Staurday. There were ppl from Sunbury, Macedon, Riddell, Woodend even Lancefield thanks for supporting our clubs great day. Hope you enjoyed yourselves and we'll see ya next time

Defintely enjoyed the day. Whilst the Seniors match wasn't a great affair the off field activities were excellent and the beer was cold (although you did run out of Draught!). As a family day you'd have to call it a success judging by all the kids there having fun. Well done to Gissie.:thumbsu:

Doona the spy haha, the little wiry bloke in bulldogs jumper is a new fella, hasnt played footy in bout 4 yrs but last time he played he was at calder under 16s, #52 was discoduck he made his first appearance. went alrite too,

Doona the spy haha, the little wiry bloke in bulldogs jumper is a new fella, hasnt played footy in bout 4 yrs but last time he played he was at calder under 16s, #52 was discoduck he made his first appearance. went alrite too,

Disco wasn't too happy with his training performance when he got home last night, so you can expect to see him to get better as the season progresses. Especially with that raking left foot of his.

I was watching his video of his premiership win from a few years ago (can't remember the name of the side but it was up near Robinvale) and he was very impressive with three goals and a number of good things.

Will probably start in the magoos against Macedon but by Round 10 v Riddell comes around might be in the ones.

Wont be hurrying back, ball was on the deck a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back