RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how about playing in the mud bath that was kilmore on the weekend and not coming out with a drop of rain or mud on him?

Well you would have to think that it would help if they could see his number 8, but I would have thought that what would have been of a greater assistance to him polling votes would be that 1 Matt Robinson was not playing................ Kilmore could get done by 20 goals, he could sit on the bench for 3 1/2 quarters & still manage to get the 3 votes !

Who knows he may well have still got the 3 against You on Saturday ! :eek:

Well you would have to think that it would help if they could see his number 8, but I would have thought that what would have been of a greater assistance to him polling votes would be that 1 Matt Robinson was not playing................ Kilmore could get done by 20 goals, he could sit on the bench for 3 1/2 quarters & still manage to get the 3 votes !

Who knows he may well have still got the 3 against You on Saturday ! :eek:
would've got 3 votes on the weekend!! jumper wasnt dirty cos nobody could tackle him into the mud!!

Any truth to the rumour that Sunbury will be "Tanking" to finish 6th instead of 4th or 5th??:eek:

Finals system is ridiculous as it stands!!!

NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!! Its ridiculous to suggest that a side would go out with the pure intention to lose.... :mad:

early picks for the last round,

diggers vs woodsy, should be agood match at diggers. i think that these two could meet at some stage in the finals maybe evn the prelim. diggers might challenge but ill say woodsy by 20 points
sunbury vs centrals, another close one b ut if the sunbury that turned up to play woodsy show up thern ill think they will be too good for melton by about 6 goals
wallan vs riddell well its hard not to tip riddell by a lot, 80 points.
rockbank vs macedon i think the cats should win this one by about 8 to 10 goals
romsey vs kilmore just pride at the libe for these 2, no finals action so maybe a good game the both want a win to finish close on aswell romsey with the home advntage.

so the first week of finals might be riddell woodsy, diggers melton/macedon/lancefield, sunbury wallan?

what days are which game? my tip after the first week is that only riddell, woodsy diggers and sunbury will be left.

NO TRUTH WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!!! Its ridiculous to suggest that a side would go out with the pure intention to lose.... :mad:

Redan did last year and ended up winning the flag. If 6th is clearly better than 4th and 5th why would you not throw a game to end up 6th? You may not clearly tank but rest your guns and try out some younger kids.

Redan did last year and ended up winning the flag. If 6th is clearly better than 4th and 5th why would you not throw a game to end up 6th? You may not clearly tank but rest your guns and try out some younger kids.

IMS 6th spot is the best spot to finish on the ladder as Kings Army has stated if you are not in the top 3 it gives you a chance to go straight into the 2nd semi. But i would like to think that RDFL sides would have a bit of pride and like to finish any season off with a big win going into finals. ( IMS Ithink someone is baiting you so dont get hooked up )
Bottom 4 of the seniors finals not much in them it depends on who shows up to play to go into the semis.
Like most of the discussions i think the highest winner of the bottom 4 should go through to the second semi. It makes it very hard run for the looser of the top 2 in the first final though.

IMS 6th spot is the best spot to finish on the ladder as Kings Army has stated if you are not in the top 3 it gives you a chance to go straight into the 2nd semi. But i would like to think that RDFL sides would have a bit of pride and like to finish any season off with a big win going into finals. ( IMS Ithink someone is baiting you so dont get hooked up )
Bottom 4 of the seniors finals not much in them it depends on who shows up to play to go into the semis.
Like most of the discussions i think the highest winner of the bottom 4 should go through to the second semi. It makes it very hard run for the looser of the top 2 in the first final though.

There is no way I am baiting him. If I was coaching and could not finish 1st or 2nd my next option is 6th.

I would have thought the WCE would have had a bit of pride playing on the MCG. Obviously the priority draft pick is like 6th on the RDFL ladder - better in the long run.

word straight from the appeals tribunal. the one and only aaron james has been re-instated into football.bad news 4 kdfl backman with finals next week.BUT great news 4 sunburys 2009 recruiting

where is hutchy now?lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hope riddell dont rest to many this week else there could be a bit of a scare on the cards. i tip wallan by 4 points.
wallan totally different unit with cornish and fowler set to fire will be alot closer this time around with the home ground advantage:thumbsu:

word straight from the appeals tribunal. the one and only aaron james has been re-instated into football.bad news 4 kdfl backman with finals next week.BUT great news 4 sunburys 2009 recruiting

where is hutchy now?lol

The next question of course is 'how long will he last?' - that might be another candidate for Pickles betting site! They will be baiting him up, from both sides of the fence. I know you are tongue in cheek but I'm sure Sunbury are smarter than that!!!!

The next question of course is 'how long will he last?' - that might be another candidate for Pickles betting site! They will be baiting him up, from both sides of the fence. I know you are tongue in cheek but I'm sure Sunbury are smarter than that!!!!

Sorry lads but PickleBet and all the previews and reviews etc will be winding up in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I got offered a job at a Fairfax daily paper in Queensland . . . and I have accepted.

I'll miss the RDFL prelim and the granny, but I'll be at the Bowen and the first two weeks of the finals.

It hasn't been organised yet, but there'll be a shindig to see me off. I hope to see you all there. Even oneeyedblue is welcome :D

I'll post the details when its all sorted out.

Sorry lads but PickleBet and all the previews and reviews etc will be winding up in a couple of weeks.

Yesterday I got offered a job at a Fairfax daily paper in Queensland . . . and I have accepted.

I'll miss the RDFL prelim and the granny, but I'll be at the Bowen and the first two weeks of the finals.

It hasn't been organised yet, but there'll be a shindig to see me off. I hope to see you all there. Even oneeyedblue is welcome :D

Well done Matt - all the best

Perhaps we all should go North!! Do you know anything about the bum sniffers game they play there?

It's a pretty simple game. If Queenslanders understand it, then I think I'll dominate it!

You forgot to finish your sentence with - eh! If you are going to live there, you are going to have to talk like them - eh!. You might have to slow your talking rate to about half speed also - eh!. The further north, the slower they get - eh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back