RDFL Thread 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: R.d.f.l Thread 2008

Who are the other players that have needed to be protected in the RDFL in recent years? Bloke with same surname kicked a lot of goals, don't think he had any problems.
Or perhaps the League could have a spine beef up security at all games and charge it to the clubs? I'm sure they'd all share the cost for one player. Perhaps even put fences up around the boundary you peanut?
Or maybe one bloke, cos it is only one, could just show some self control and people might stop making him a target. Idiots know they'll suck him in and will drive for miles to do it.

Reckon better off putting energy into what will be a very interesting season in 2008, as all the other Leagues struggle for grounds the RDFL should be right to go straight away.

PEANUT?
I'm the peanut?

The league has a duty to protect its players, umpires, and spectators.
People like you hide behind a fence and abuse players and expect that no matter what you say nothing can happen to you.
The league needs to step up to the next level and eject and ban people that are creating a disturbance.
You can not honestly stand up for people or FOOTBALL CLUBS that made it there job to try to put him off his game. This is not in the spirit.

Who are the other players that have needed to be protected in the RDFL in recent years? Bloke with same surname kicked a lot of goals, don't think he had any problems.
Or perhaps the League could have a spine beef up security at all games and charge it to the clubs? I'm sure they'd all share the cost for one player. Perhaps even put fences up around the boundary you peanut?
Or maybe one bloke, cos it is only one, could just show some self control and people might stop making him a target. Idiots know they'll suck him in and will drive for miles to do it.

Reckon better off putting energy into what will be a very interesting season in 2008, as all the other Leagues struggle for grounds the RDFL should be right to go straight away.

no comparison between the two james boys.one was a local footballer and the other played at the elite.theres no need to make a big issue out of this.just if he does play rdfl again,perhaps a bit more security at the games and bobs ya uncle.NO NOT UNCLE TOUCHY EITHER:D
anyway enuff of jamesy

if he has done his time then why wouldnt be available to play in the RDFL ... Mongrel what are the chances of him coming to the Roos if high maybe i might put a few bob on with Matty nicholls now for the flag In 08

Broadford wear Kangaroos jumpers maybe he could play there didnt Doona hook him up with to play at Stanhope as a favour to a mate

I've kept quiet on this, wanting to read people's opinions first.

But I have to say that I would be extremely disappointed if Aaron James returned to the RDFL, whether it be for the Kangaroos or Blues.

He was a menace in 2006 and although there were some idiots taunting him, he has no excuse for his behaviour.

His reaction at the tribunal after copping a two-year ban was disgraceful, and if he loses his temper again on the football field he could seriously injure someone.

The RDFL is slowly becoming stronger, and its great to attract "high profile" players. But a reputation for being a thug's competition we do not want. In the four games I saw Aaron James partake in last year I think it is safe to say he played like a thug.

all this talk, does anybody actually know if he is leaving stanhope? after 6 games and a premiership

I quote from Kangaroos coach J. Dixon " If the kangaroos coaches and commitee want A.James, he will play there next year"

Looks like they have a big decision on their hand down at kangaroo land

But I have to say that I would be extremely disappointed if Aaron James returned to the RDFL, whether it be for the Kangaroos or Blues.

He was a menace in 2006 and although there were some idiots taunting him, he has no excuse for his behaviour.

His reaction at the tribunal after copping a two-year ban was disgraceful, and if he loses his temper again on the football field he could seriously injure someone.

The RDFL is slowly becoming stronger, and its great to attract "high profile" players. But a reputation for being a thug's competition we do not want. In the four games I saw Aaron James partake in last year I think it is safe to say he played like a thug.

my last post on this issue.what are u smoking matt?THUG. you have got to be joking.theres many people that have opinions on aaron,but thug is laughable.i cant beleive youve actually played and umpired footy.
because you just dont seem to have a grasp on the game.it sounds like his size intimidates you as well.
"if he loses his temper again he could seriously injure someone" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.worst call ever matt.go and stick to ya knitting classes.its a mans sport that obviously doesnt suit you:D

my last post on this issue.what are u smoking matt?THUG. you have got to be joking.theres many people that have opinions on aaron,but thug is laughable.i cant beleive youve actually played and umpired footy.
because you just dont seem to have a grasp on the game.it sounds like his size intimidates you as well.
"if he loses his temper again he could seriously injure someone" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.worst call ever matt.go and stick to ya knitting classes.its a mans sport that obviously doesnt suit you:D

saw jamed play in wrfl several times,undiscipled yes, vigorous yes,
team player no, reliable no, THUG NO.

matt you scared little pussy cat. if a.james was a thug dont you think he would have jumped the fence when d heads threw rocks at him or went after the f wit who yelled out from behind the fence that he hopes his unborn child dies. thug i think not.

well maybe the rdfl should have a serious look at itself about protecting players who consistently receive such treatment. I thought that after several weeks of having threats made they may have used some of the money he generated to put a couple of security guards to keep check on supporters and enforce there rule that peple can be barred.
If you had said and done to you week in week out I hope you would do the same. Its called having a spine.
Everyone is saying no A James, I can see your point.
Can you see mine when I say P**s of your D**KH**D supporters and players and lets make this league a powerhouse like it used to be.

"Can you see mine when I say P**s of your D**KH**D supporters and players and lets make this league a powerhouse like it used to be.[/quote]"

Im assuming your talking about him here?? Hasnt the league already done that?
Why would they take him back?? Didnt he throw a chair in the tribunal hearing last time?? :confused::confused:

You have got me there. As you know i was talking about the players on the outside of the fence that made it there duty to make him do what he ended up doing. (any person subject to what he was would do the same.) All that I can say is if the league had shown any diligence in the handling of this matter it would have never gotten to where it did. By the responses on this forum it looks like things wont have changeds if he comes back. what a shame.
Recently I have tried to influence some high profile x players to come play rdfl and the example of spectator performance and lack of protection has come up twice with people who now have families and dont need the shit.
How suprised i was when they would prefer to play wrfl than our league.
This is something all suporters need to think about next time they watch a game. No matter who is playing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

good call footymad2.:thumbsu:
and discreet1 i have always respected your opinion on this thread.but in this case i dont have to agree with it;)

I doubt wallan would be able to join the rdfl next season, maybe 2009

good call footymad2.:thumbsu:
and discreet1 i have always respected your opinion on this thread.but in this case i dont have to agree with it;)

Thats ok Mongrel, we all have different opinions. I totally agree with wiping out the 'throwing things at players' and 'very personal sledges' etc.. which is completely unacceptable but its hard to draw a line with spectators and whats acceptable/not acceptable and police it throughout a season. Given his track record in the past, does the league take another chance of the same thing happening as soon as he is abused etc... and would Sunbury want the negative publicity etc.. again just as they are rebuilding and starting to move somewhere??

Lots of questions to be asked!!:rolleyes:

if you cant handle the heat in the kitchen get out.
Betcha he didnt mind the massive pay chek he got after each game. it comes with the territory u wanna play footy u gotta cop shit from supporters mayb they went over board but any half profesional person would have dealt with it in correct measures. Hes a high profile player he gets high profile pay cheks hes gotta cop the high profile attention. end of story

if james returns to the rdfl it will be with the roos not blues,he approached the blues in early 2007 offering to play for reduced rates and kilmore said no,i cant see why that would change in 2008

PEANUT?
I'm the peanut?

The league has a duty to protect its players, umpires, and spectators.
People like you hide behind a fence and abuse players and expect that no matter what you say nothing can happen to you.
The league needs to step up to the next level and eject and ban people that are creating a disturbance.
You can not honestly stand up for people or FOOTBALL CLUBS that made it there job to try to put him off his game. This is not in the spirit.

Just looking at the highlighted comment above and couldn't help but think about this for a few minutes and come to a conclusion.......

I agree, this is NOT the spirit, but let's just face reality for a minute. This happens to every high profile player in every league. If you go to the AFL, Nathan Buckley cops everything, Brendon Fevola cops everything. This is a problem that occurs from the top (AFL) right down to grass roots footy.

Having said that, from a Romsey perspective, a certain player for our club is on the receiving end of a hell of a lot of "directed advice" week in, week out and no other club is more willing to pass on "advice" to Brydan Morgan than the Sunbury Kangaroos. Now let me qualify my comments, I have watched the Roos turn from a rabble into the successful and respected club they are today and by no means am I sledging the club for the comments made, the point I am making is it is the supporters and the spectators that insite the retaliations from the players. More often than not the cluns find it very difficult to control the words that come out of the mouths of very proud and passionate supporters. Some players respond like Brydan did, go even harder at the footy, kicked goals and was pivotal in the Romsey win that day, on the other hand some players retaliate by abusing the crowd, mouthing off to spectators and starting fights with opposition players.

Personally I couldn't care less if A James plays again, good luck to him and the club he plays for, it will only make the backmen for opposition sides a lot more accountable, and in turn it will put a lot more pressure on the opposition midfield to cut off the supply to him. These things are all good for footy. What I can say is, if he does come back maybe he would need to be on some sort of 12 month probation, given the nature of his last offence and the incident that occurred in the tribunal hearing.

The probation may include a set penalty for different offences ie, if he is reported and found guilty for swearing or abuse to an umpire, immediate minimum of 6 weeks, if he is found guilty for any level of stricking then perhaps he misses at least 8 weeks. These penalties would therefore act as a deterant rather than wondering how many he "may" get, which would possibly make him think about his actions prior to acting on them. This is just something I was thinking of to qualify my comments regarding the probation. Although on the other hand if he is granted entrance back into the RDFL then shouldn't he be on the same level playing field as everyone else?

Well said Harry.
Lots of people have copped shit before from the fans over the fence. Some more than others. Personally, I think if you are copping shit you must be a pretty handy player. It's only the good players that people want to put off their game. The thing is IMO how players deal with the shit. Good players with strong character will turn it on and dominate the game. Opposition fans will soon realise that making them angry makes them play better and they will shut up pretty quickly. People with weak character and no self-control will jump the fence and get into the crowd.

I didn't see Andrew Symonds jump into the crowd during the recent tour of India, but I did see him smash 107 not out in a game to sink the "Edited" I'm pretty sure he got player of the series too.

I would love to see jamesy back in the comp. He has served his sentence and should be able to play. He will however cop shit from the side lines. That is a given. I suggest he lets his goal kicking do the talking. A couple of bags of ten in some early games will shut up opposition supportes pretty quickly.

Enough of Jamesy people. If he plays he plays let it be for now.

Lets get the ball rolling with some action ive heard for 2008 so far
Riddel - M. Kelly and A. Mcabe signed from sunbury lions
Romsey - Matty mclelan not playing next year
Sunbury - Tim Rhodes signed but may have lost of few young guns

Other teams not too sure at this stage. Feel free anyone to add to the list

How was the head this morning Van and how did you end up faring last night did u get amongst it :D Was told the Blues have conducted their interviews and a coach should be announced shortly after speaking with some impressive applicants.

Best wishes to Tez also who has moved up Echuca way :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back