RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Big Fella did'nt play, would have kicked 10 as Mernda had not match up for him!

MONGREL you got any BIG NEWS you would like to share with us?

HA HA HA HA. No there is no " BIG " News to report slyone. Aaron James is a very good mate of mine and if there were issues of him getting looked after at whatever club he is at, I have no doubt he would be playing for me for a small portion of what he is actually worth on the open market.
But NO, He is very happy at Kilmore and thats great news for the blues.

Sunbury got a touch up tday by Modewarre by 58 points, so we have a fair bit of work to do before we can be considered contenders. I was very impressed with ROMSEY however mate. I still beleive Riddell are the team to beat, but the redbacks with a full team would have toppled the Melton bloods which is a major concern to not only melton,but all the RDFL CLUBS THIS SEASON.

I do agree also that both melton sides should return to the RDFL because i cant see them matching the top sides in that comp for quite some time, however the both would play finals here:D

I do agree also that both melton sides should return to the RDFL because i cant see them matching the top sides in that comp for quite some time, however the both would play finals here:D

Patience lads it's all in the planning. 16 clubs across a two tiered competition is the desired scenario in 5 or so years :thumbsu:

HA HA HA HA. No there is no " BIG " News to report slyone. Aaron James is a very good mate of mine and if there were issues of him getting looked after at whatever club he is at, I have no doubt he would be playing for me for a small portion of what he is actually worth on the open market.
But NO, He is very happy at Kilmore and thats great news for the blues.

Sunbury got a touch up tday by Modewarre by 58 points, so we have a fair bit of work to do before we can be considered contenders. I was very impressed with ROMSEY however mate. I still beleive Riddell are the team to beat, but the redbacks with a full team would have toppled the Melton bloods which is a major concern to not only melton,but all the RDFL CLUBS THIS SEASON.

Heard something along the same lines yesterday Deano... The name James was mentioned, but the name Aaron didn't accompany it ;)

Yeah he can play! After half time kilmore just let mernda do what they wanted for a quarter and a half and ended up a couple of goals down then switched back on and kicked the last 4 to just get over the line! dont know what sort of side they had in but kilmore had some missing

who was the guy wearing #62?

who was the guy wearing #62?[/QUOTE

was one of the Gordon brothers,

Kilmore had a good hit out against Mernda won by a couple of points, had a few out 4 guys being over 6 foot 3 not playing. The Gordon boys look really good in the mid field, and Mancini off half back were the stand outs. Looks a totally different side then last year lot more new faces. Also hear Wallan had a really good game against Heathcote should be a cracker round 1.

Was good to see the Bloods and South playing back in the RDFL, think it's about time they returned?

Yep agreed about South and Bloods get them back in the league, the dissapointing thing about this is that speaking to a person on the commitee at south their opinion is that the dont want to play in a lower league and let their juniors coming through play at the better standard. They need to remember what league they come from and also that apart from prob top 3 or 4 teams in bfl (which south aint), rdfl is very similar standard.
The stigma of rdfl being some under 12 blind kid league is wearing a bit thin.

Yep agreed about South and Bloods get them back in the league, the dissapointing thing about this is that speaking to a person on the commitee at south their opinion is that the dont want to play in a lower league and let their juniors coming through play at the better standard. They need to remember what league they come from and also that apart from prob top 3 or 4 teams in bfl (which south aint), rdfl is very similar standard.

I don't think that the RDFL junior competition has that stigma at all, I believe that it is a strong metro competition.. That is why the sides that left to go to the two BFL's don't have juniors that followed them...

I don't think that the RDFL junior competition has that stigma at all, I believe that it is a strong metro competition.. That is why the sides that left to go to the two BFL's don't have juniors that followed them...

Nah Gav, was refering to south juniors (rdjfl) coming into senior footy (bfl) being a "better" standard instead of the rdfl. South big brass have the stigma that they are above the RDFL stuff.

how did south look?

Whilst it is was only a practice match, & trying to gauge a form line through one of those is always going to be a difficult excercise. South, unfortunately looked pretty undermaned for talent & could be facing a pretty challenging season. Sutton was an eye catcher up forward. Yes he is'nt the fastest bloke getting around these days, but he is a very smart player, gets a lot of the ball & rarely wastes it.
I genuinely wish Shane & South boys all the best for the coming season. Stepping up & having a crack when times are tough takes a great deal of ticker & they are to be commended for this. Its oh so easy to lead a fantastic playing group through a successful season & they are generally the ones everybody remembers. But the blokes that are prepared to stand up & be counted when the Club is on its knees are true Champions of any Club.......... IMHO ! :eek:

You got it pal ! Well said. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kilmore had a good hit out against Mernda won by a couple of points, had a few out 4 guys being over 6 foot 3 not playing. The Gordon boys look really good in the mid field, and Mancini off half back were the stand outs. Looks a totally different side then last year lot more new faces. Also hear Wallan had a really good game against Heathcote should be a cracker round 1.

Watched wallan v heathcote, heathcote just had a training drill really:eek::eek::eek:Wallan have no talls no speed really apart from robbo hard to see them getting within 10 goals against kilmore round 1, i think wallan should start with some sort of game plan unless they did have one which i failed to see or the players failed to implement it either way scary stuff for the new coach trying to make his mark

How does the weird configuration of the Clancy Reserve football field at this time affect the game??

Makes the bloody wings wide for a start hey KB, and the traditional breeze that usually runs goals to goals was a genuine cross wind. Definately needed a hard run and carry option on that northern wing as you could quite easily get lost out there. From what I could tell Jayco had young Keenan spend a lot of time on that side which I assume was the plan?

Heathcote didn't see the Wallan game as a training drill at all HTB4, and having snuck up to watch them play a LVFL club a couple of years back Id reckon they woulda got a lot more out of Satdy's hit out at Greenhill Reserve than one of the usual one sided hitouts to the north.

Watched wallan v heathcote, heathcote just had a training drill really:eek::eek::eek:Wallan have no talls no speed really apart from robbo hard to see them getting within 10 goals against kilmore round 1, i think wallan should start with some sort of game plan unless they did have one which i failed to see or the players failed to implement it either way scary stuff for the new coach trying to make his mark

Either your sh!t stiring or you have the football knowledge of a wet fart ... i was there to mate and it was no training drill ... spoke to a few of the Heathcote boys and they were very happy with the hitout ..

Either your sh!t stiring or you have the football knowledge of a wet fart ... i was there to mate and it was no training drill ... spoke to a few of the Heathcote boys and they were very happy with the hitout ..

Hellsbells no need to get all defensive!!! I was just stating what i seen unless u had your eyes closed or u were watching the game at the top oval (btw it was on the bottom oval) i failed to see what impact wallan will have in round 1:rolleyes::rolleyes: But never fear round 1 is coming fast thank god and after the compleation of the kilmore v wallan game if im wrong u can all tell me so. untill then my opinion sticks wallan will not get witin 10 goals to kilmore..

Hellsbells no need to get all defensive!!! I was just stating what i seen unless u had your eyes closed or u were watching the game at the top oval (btw it was on the bottom oval) i failed to see what impact wallan will have in round 1:rolleyes::rolleyes: But never fear round 1 is coming fast thank god and after the compleation of the kilmore v wallan game if im wrong u can all tell me so. untill then my opinion sticks wallan will not get witin 10 goals to kilmore..

Will be a cracker round 1 game, Wallan have picked up some handy footballers and from all reports Gilly has them fit and ready. Kilmore also have picked up a few, I cant see it being a Kilmore win by 10 goals though.

I noticed it was at the bottom oval but by what you've written u must of been the one guy up on the hill at the top oval with nice dark sunnies and a good looking Labrador ....Wallan will get closer than 10 goals ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back