RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! didn't find the kisses cute? That's a shame... I just find it a pisser logging in once or twice a week to keep up to date with all the shit that every1 talks on here... Every1 is an expert with what's going on around each individual club. When reality is people don't have a clue. I find it frustrating that all you afl coaches want every1 out there to know what's happening with in the club when really you shouldn't be trying to talk yaselfs up, just keep what's happening with in the club between the people that are actually there. Why would you want people from other clubs to know that you've recruited a star midfielder? Who cares? Let them figure it out when that recruit gets 30 touches and kicks 3 goals... Get a life, and a mrs ya nerd. And please don't kick me off the forum, it would really upset me xxx

Finally.... The RDFL is back in action for the 2011 season and for most, this day couldn't come quick enough!!!

Grand Final Replay
Riddell Vs Diggers Rest
Riddell
Key Ins - Levi Moss, Peter Robertson, Troy Scoble, Brian Ruffell.
Key Outs - Brayden Allen, Jason Allen, Gerard Liddell, Cameron McCabe, Ben Sonogan.
The Bombers will unfurl their 2011 Premiership Flag this weekend against the Burras. The challengers are stepping up to take them on, but the Bombers are perennial contenders and enjoy being the yardstick of the competition, I would expect nothing less this year. The query will be the lack of a big ruckman and height through the back half, but the Bombers midfield is outstanding and strengthened with the recruiting of Moss and Robertson. The Bombers also have multiple forward options. Allen will return from last year, while Robertson and Ruffell will ensure that the Bombers have plenty of forward targets. Have heard that Levi Moss may have torn his achillies at training last night and that Matthew Baird may have retired, which will have an impact for the Bombers.

Diggers Rest
Key Ins - Brett Caton, Cam Saliba, Aaron Sandilands
Key Outs - Daniel Reilly, Jason Davies
The Burra's go into season 2011 firing and ready at another tilt at the flag. While they have had minimal losses to the Senior list, the losses of Daniel Reilly and Jason Davies will no doubt impact the set up of the side. The signing of Brett Caton is huge for the Burra, there is no secret that last year I rated him the top player in the competition. Cam Saliba is a hard at it on baller that will add a bit of spice to the Burra midfield already full of talent. Notoriously underrated the Burra will no doubt be a contender again in 2011.
Riddell by 25 points.

Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Woodend/Hesket
Sunbury
Key Ins - Danny Harrison, Aaron James, Dermott Smythe, Dylan Wright.
Key Outs - Adam Fenton.
The Kangaroos have recruited hard over the off season, but it might not be the names above that have the biggest impact. Coach Dean Helmers will return to the field as fit as ever, while the return of Bobby Johnson fully fit again is a big coup.. With the players returning and recruits coming in, the Kangaroos are considered one of the favorites for the 2011 season.

Woodend/Hesket
Key Ins - ?? Really dont know enough about the recruits at the Hawks.
Key Outs - Sam Bowen, Joel Goodyear, Matt Knox, Daniel Toman.
The Hawks will be pushing the youth in 2011 and will be a surprise packet for any side that comes up against them. There is no doubt that many of their youngsters will get great opportunity. With the key losses of 4 players that many would widely consider the Hawks top group of 2010, it might take a little while for the young Hawks to gel, but they will surely be a very competitive unit.
Sunbury Kangaroos by 40 points.

Lancefield Vs Macedon
Lancefield
Key Ins - ???
Key Outs - Brett Caton, Chris Collins, John Baker, Nathan Carroll, Leigh Irwin, David House, James House, Brian Ruffell, Tom Waters.
The Tigers have had a tough preseason. 2011 will see the Tigers push youngsters into the side. Much will depend on the experience of players like Trav Smith, the leadership and development of the younger guys.

Macedon
Key Ins - Jason Davies
Key Outs - Dan Markworth, Dylan Wright.
The Cats were impressive in their hitout against Yea when they implimented the full ground press on their opponents. Al Meldrum has continued the good work around discipline within the club. After a solid preseason the Cats will be a contender in 2011.
Macedon by 60 points.

Rockbank Vs Broadford
Rockbank
Key Ins - Travis Johns
Key Outs - Michael Kennedy
The Rams, in my opinion, will be the biggest improvers of 2011. Already one of the toughest opponents to come up against the Rams have added depth to the midfield with Johns, while a good majority of the side has had a good preseason. Kennedy will be a loss but Krul will shoulder most of the ruck work. Look for the Rams to fight out a spot in the top 6.

Broadford
Key Ins - Michael Gillard, Neill Swann, Matthew Williams.
Key Outs - Damien Barton
Broadford will improve their stocks with new coach Matt Finch doing some solid recruiting over the off season. Swann will give them much needed height in the ruck while Gillard returning brings them a key backman to assist Grant Wearne. The Roos will improve quite a bit in 2011 and their youngsters will only be better for the games they put in last year.
Rockbank by 30 points

Wallan Vs Kilmore
Wallan
Key Ins - Justin Collis, Dave Cornish, Shannon Galea, Todd Keenan, Matt Robertson, Dylan Walker.
Key Outs - David Fowler, Carl Groth, Blake Henderson, David Henderson, Shane Jacobs, David Saliba, James Turner.
Some big ins for the Magpies, but some massive outs, the question will be whether they will be able to counter the losses of some key players. They have recruited pretty well which will add some depth. the Magpies will be in the mix for a top 6 position.

Kilmore
Key Ins - Shane Jacobs, Linton Kemp
Key outs - Guy Booker, Justin Collis, Shaun Garland, Aaron James, Dale Keenan, Todd Keenan, Matt Robertson, Robert Rowe, Neill Swann, Dylan Walker.
With the clearances for the Gordon brothers still in dispute, the Blues are in dangerous territory. They have lost key depth and the biggest name in the RDFL. There may be some positives with the rumours that Jacobs may have decided to return to the club in a playing role, it would be the good news that the club needs as 6 weeks ago they were a premiership contender, now they are in troubled waters.
Wallan by 20 points.

Melton Centrals Vs Romsey
Melton Centrals
Key Ins - Stuart Davis, Mark Greenshields.
Key Outs - None
Centrals have retained a similar list to last year, but no one should underestimate the fact that they have Mark Greenshields returning to coach the club. He has the ability to get the best out of his list and with key players such as Kane Bullen, Brett Payne, Brian Wheelahan, Tim O'Brien and the like Centrals will be a very tough opponent to face for opposition sides.

Romsey
Key Ins - Sean Austin, Matt Davidson, Nathan Davidson, Leigh Irwin, Blake Henderson, Mark Strack, Ben Talbot.
Key Outs - Adam Kearney, Gary Moorcroft.
All jokes with Mongrel and Omni aside, we are very happy with how preseason has gone at the Redbacks, with several key recruits to cover the losses, we are looking forward to seeing how this group of guys gel together on the field and where we are placed for the 2011 season.
Romsey win.

Obviously I haven't listed all in and outs, just a few that caught the eye, would have liked to have done this earlier, but rushed it in now...

Good luck to all sides this weekend and it is great to have footy back!!! :thumbsu:

Looks like you have a clue to me! :D

Looks like their is probably 3 games that could go either way this round and 3 that look like being drubbings, i reckon...

Wallan by 2 goals over Kilmore
Diggers Rest by a goal over Riddell
Broadford by 2 goals over Rockbank
Sunbury Kangaroos by 70pts over Woodend/Hesket
Macedon by 15 goals over Lancefield
Romsey by 10 goals over Melton Central

Also congrats to iceman on being named wallan captain this year along with shannon galea

Finally.... The RDFL is back in action for the 2011 season and for most, this day couldn't come quick enough!!!

Grand Final Replay
Riddell Vs Diggers Rest
Riddell
Key Ins - Levi Moss, Peter Robertson, Troy Scoble, Brian Ruffell.
Key Outs - Brayden Allen, Jason Allen, Gerard Liddell, Cameron McCabe, Ben Sonogan.
The Bombers will unfurl their 2011 Premiership Flag this weekend against the Burras. The challengers are stepping up to take them on, but the Bombers are perennial contenders and enjoy being the yardstick of the competition, I would expect nothing less this year. The query will be the lack of a big ruckman and height through the back half, but the Bombers midfield is outstanding and strengthened with the recruiting of Moss and Robertson. The Bombers also have multiple forward options. Allen will return from last year, while Robertson and Ruffell will ensure that the Bombers have plenty of forward targets. Have heard that Levi Moss may have torn his achillies at training last night and that Matthew Baird may have retired, which will have an impact for the Bombers.

Diggers Rest
Key Ins - Brett Caton, Cam Saliba, Aaron Sandilands
Key Outs - Daniel Reilly, Jason Davies
The Burra's go into season 2011 firing and ready at another tilt at the flag. While they have had minimal losses to the Senior list, the losses of Daniel Reilly and Jason Davies will no doubt impact the set up of the side. The signing of Brett Caton is huge for the Burra, there is no secret that last year I rated him the top player in the competition. Cam Saliba is a hard at it on baller that will add a bit of spice to the Burra midfield already full of talent. Notoriously underrated the Burra will no doubt be a contender again in 2011.
Riddell by 25 points.

Sunbury Kangaroos Vs Woodend/Hesket
Sunbury
Key Ins - Danny Harrison, Aaron James, Dermott Smythe, Dylan Wright.
Key Outs - Adam Fenton.
The Kangaroos have recruited hard over the off season, but it might not be the names above that have the biggest impact. Coach Dean Helmers will return to the field as fit as ever, while the return of Bobby Johnson fully fit again is a big coup.. With the players returning and recruits coming in, the Kangaroos are considered one of the favorites for the 2011 season.

Woodend/Hesket
Key Ins - ?? Really dont know enough about the recruits at the Hawks.
Key Outs - Sam Bowen, Joel Goodyear, Matt Knox, Daniel Toman.
The Hawks will be pushing the youth in 2011 and will be a surprise packet for any side that comes up against them. There is no doubt that many of their youngsters will get great opportunity. With the key losses of 4 players that many would widely consider the Hawks top group of 2010, it might take a little while for the young Hawks to gel, but they will surely be a very competitive unit.
Sunbury Kangaroos by 40 points.

Lancefield Vs Macedon
Lancefield
Key Ins - ???
Key Outs - Brett Caton, Chris Collins, John Baker, Nathan Carroll, Leigh Irwin, David House, James House, Brian Ruffell, Tom Waters.
The Tigers have had a tough preseason. 2011 will see the Tigers push youngsters into the side. Much will depend on the experience of players like Trav Smith, the leadership and development of the younger guys.

Macedon
Key Ins - Jason Davies
Key Outs - Dan Markworth, Dylan Wright.
The Cats were impressive in their hitout against Yea when they implimented the full ground press on their opponents. Al Meldrum has continued the good work around discipline within the club. After a solid preseason the Cats will be a contender in 2011.
Macedon by 60 points.

Rockbank Vs Broadford
Rockbank
Key Ins - Travis Johns
Key Outs - Michael Kennedy
The Rams, in my opinion, will be the biggest improvers of 2011. Already one of the toughest opponents to come up against the Rams have added depth to the midfield with Johns, while a good majority of the side has had a good preseason. Kennedy will be a loss but Krul will shoulder most of the ruck work. Look for the Rams to fight out a spot in the top 6.

Broadford
Key Ins - Michael Gillard, Neill Swann, Matthew Williams.
Key Outs - Damien Barton
Broadford will improve their stocks with new coach Matt Finch doing some solid recruiting over the off season. Swann will give them much needed height in the ruck while Gillard returning brings them a key backman to assist Grant Wearne. The Roos will improve quite a bit in 2011 and their youngsters will only be better for the games they put in last year.
Rockbank by 30 points

Wallan Vs Kilmore
Wallan
Key Ins - Justin Collis, Dave Cornish, Shannon Galea, Todd Keenan, Matt Robertson, Dylan Walker.
Key Outs - David Fowler, Carl Groth, Blake Henderson, David Henderson, Shane Jacobs, David Saliba, James Turner.
Some big ins for the Magpies, but some massive outs, the question will be whether they will be able to counter the losses of some key players. They have recruited pretty well which will add some depth. the Magpies will be in the mix for a top 6 position.

Kilmore
Key Ins - Shane Jacobs, Linton Kemp
Key outs - Guy Booker, Justin Collis, Shaun Garland, Aaron James, Dale Keenan, Todd Keenan, Matt Robertson, Robert Rowe, Neill Swann, Dylan Walker.
With the clearances for the Gordon brothers still in dispute, the Blues are in dangerous territory. They have lost key depth and the biggest name in the RDFL. There may be some positives with the rumours that Jacobs may have decided to return to the club in a playing role, it would be the good news that the club needs as 6 weeks ago they were a premiership contender, now they are in troubled waters.
Wallan by 20 points.

Melton Centrals Vs Romsey
Melton Centrals
Key Ins - Stuart Davis, Mark Greenshields.
Key Outs - None
Centrals have retained a similar list to last year, but no one should underestimate the fact that they have Mark Greenshields returning to coach the club. He has the ability to get the best out of his list and with key players such as Kane Bullen, Brett Payne, Brian Wheelahan, Tim O'Brien and the like Centrals will be a very tough opponent to face for opposition sides.

Romsey
Key Ins - Sean Austin, Matt Davidson, Nathan Davidson, Leigh Irwin, Blake Henderson, Mark Strack, Ben Talbot.
Key Outs - Adam Kearney, Gary Moorcroft.
All jokes with Mongrel and Omni aside, we are very happy with how preseason has gone at the Redbacks, with several key recruits to cover the losses, we are looking forward to seeing how this group of guys gel together on the field and where we are placed for the 2011 season.
Romsey win.

Obviously I haven't listed all in and outs, just a few that caught the eye, would have liked to have done this earlier, but rushed it in now...

Good luck to all sides this weekend and it is great to have footy back!!! :thumbsu:

Anybody willing to list who they expect to be the 10 most influential players in the RDFL in 2011 and why ?

Another blow to kilmore with the gordon boys looking no chance for tomorrow! i dare say wallan might be happy lol

I doubt Brent Gordon will get a clearence full stop ! word from APW is he was offered a 1 yr contract but wanted 2 yrs then asked why he was leaving he said it was money ... call this crap all you want but its from a very very good source at APW who i would back 100% in this being the truth ....

Anybody willing to list who they expect to be the 10 most influential players in the RDFL in 2011 and why ?

I'll give it a crack Bomba. In no particular order:-

1. FISH (Kangas) - Premier big man in the comp. Will give the Kangas 1st use of the footy more times than not.

2. B. Caton (diggers) - Number 1 defender in the League. Sets up many an attack.

3. Austin (Redbacks) - Will be the premier onballer in the league. All polish and tough.

4. A. James (Kangas) - His record speaks for itself.

5. C. Dawson (Redbacks) - Could very well be the most dynamic footballer in RDFL if he keeps his head. Having Pedo on his case will help.

6. Robbo (Riddell) - very very good footballer who can dominate sides at will.

7. Robbo (Wallan) - will want to prove a few things to a lot of people. And has the talent to do it.

8. M. Davidson (Redbacks) - has kicked over 500 goals in the last 5 years.
With delivery from Austin, Dawson, Smith-Whiting and McNaughton, could kick another ton.

9. Bullen (centrals) - the skipper is an awesome athlete who has the ability to play as a big man or a little man. Is just as good in the air as he is on the ground and has the finishing skills to hurt sides.

10. Smythe (Kangas) - is an extremely talented and hard at it footballer who will take a lot of teams by surprise. Will vendor from having the likes of Grubby, Mongrel, Johnson and the like in the same side.

I'll give it a crack Bomba. In no particular order:-

1. FISH (Kangas) - Premier big man in the comp. Will give the Kangas 1st use of the footy more times than not.

2. B. Caton (diggers) - Number 1 defender in the League. Sets up many an attack.

3. Austin (Redbacks) - Will be the premier onballer in the league. All polish and tough.

4. A. James (Kangas) - His record speaks for itself.

5. C. Dawson (Redbacks) - Could very well be the most dynamic footballer in RDFL if he keeps his head. Having Pedo on his case will help.

6. Robbo (Riddell) - very very good footballer who can dominate sides at will.

7. Robbo (Wallan) - will want to prove a few things to a lot of people. And has the talent to do it.

8. M. Davidson (Redbacks) - has kicked over 500 goals in the last 5 years.
With delivery from Austin, Dawson, Smith-Whiting and McNaughton, could kick another ton.

9. Bullen (centrals) - the skipper is an awesome athlete who has the ability to play as a big man or a little man. Is just as good in the air as he is on the ground and has the finishing skills to hurt sides.

10. Smythe (Kangas) - is an extremely talented and hard at it footballer who will take a lot of teams by surprise. Will vendor from having the likes of Grubby, Mongrel, Johnson and the like in the same side.

Premierships are won by teams, not individuals. Sometimes it is the bottom eight players in the team that make the difference, not the top eight.

How many times has AJ kicked 100+ and his team have missed the finals.

I doubt Brent Gordon will get a clearence full stop ! word from APW is he was offered a 1 yr contract but wanted 2 yrs then asked why he was leaving he said it was money ... call this crap all you want but its from a very very good source at APW who i would back 100% in this being the truth ....
Hellsbells you do not know crap about brent gordon mate! your so called source should be severely punished! That is complete rubbish dont get on here and tell everyone that this kid is a money chaser when u do not have any facts at all!!

Premierships are won by teams, not individuals. Sometimes it is the bottom eight players in the team that make the difference, not the top eight.

I agree, but the topic was most influential in 2011. So instead of bringing up the past, I am giving my opinion on who I believe it will be. And for the record, I think that AJ and Matt Davidson will both kick a ton and it'll be Kangas v Redbacks in the big one.

Hellsbells you do not know crap about brent gordon mate! your so called source should be severely punished! That is complete rubbish dont get on here and tell everyone that this kid is a money chaser when u do not have any facts at all!!

Regardless of money I have also heard from an APW source that they will NOT clear Brent Gordon this season !

In fairness, the question was who will be the most influencial in 2011...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did he mention anything about premierships??

Grant was simply picking in what he believes to be the most influential players of the RDFL for 2011.......

Ha ha Fenton off to leach of yet another club! Mongrel must have come to his senses and booted this bloke, struggled for last 10 years years yet football clubs keep paying him good money. Congrats mongrel.

.....rushed behind rule to be introduced this year ...hows it going to go boys

Dunno bout the deliberate one at minor level, some umps battle with the 100 year old rules you'd hate to see the grief they'd cop if they buggered up an interpretation of that one in a close finish.

OMG!! Simmo will go nuts!! God help us and the rdfl

If this is the case I am officially concerned with how this season is going to go!!! :eek:

Not for one second could I find a single reason that could justify the introduction of this rule into a grass roots level competition!!!

TO WHOEVER MADE THIS DECISION: You have now officially given a single person the power to dramatically impact a contest.. It is a stupid rule, get rid of it before we start, I know we hate a backflip, but for god sakes, please backflip here!!!

I implore our umpires to get together... Have a discussion amongst yourselves, make a collective decision to completely ignore this rule change, just make the call, as a collective, and between yourselves, that you will never pay a free kick under this ruling!! For the sake of the league, the players, the clubs and your reputations!!!

I would doubt that any would be paid now that players know that the rule will be in place. I'm sure it will only be called if a totally free player runs through for no apparent reason.

Hmmm thrilling finish down at Wallan today, didn't bother me who won to be honest as it was an entertaining match played in the infamous Wallan wind, we did however see one of these exact scenario's in the dying stages :rolleyes:

Romsey Def Melton today by around 80 points.
Any other scores from today?
Sunbury Kangaroos by 113 points, Aaron James kicked 11 from the goal square, lazy effort by Jamesy, too big, too strong, but didnt run more than 20 metres for the whole game. Wouldn't get a vote from me as he didnt do any work. No chasing, just basking in his own glory..............well done the rest of the Sunbury team to do the work to get it down there. Oh and Mongrel looking very fit!:eek:

Sunbury Kangaroos by 113 points, Aaron James kicked 11 from the goal square, lazy effort by Jamesy, too big, too strong, but didnt run more than 20 metres for the whole game. Wouldn't get a vote from me as he didnt do any work. No chasing, just basking in his own glory..............well done the rest of the Sunbury team to do the work to get it down there. Oh and Mongrel looking very fit!:eek:
Wouldn't want a vote from a jealous sook like you anyway buddy:eek:
Why run for the ball if you don't have to:p

Wouldn't want a vote from a jealous sook like you anyway buddy:eek:
Why run for the ball if you don't have to:p
You just proved my point, hope you shouted all the midfield boys a beer for the delivery, keep basking in ur own glory Jamesy. You massive legend.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Auf Wiedersehen

Gee a team wins by a mile, the full forward kicks 11 and still people have a pot at him. Everyone knows what you get with Jamsey...Goals.

Nice luxury in the RDFL where you can slag a regular 100 goal a season player. Everything about his build, strengths and injury history has him as a goal square forward...

Fair dinkum, were you hoping he might push into midfieldmfor a rotation?

You just proved my point, hope you shouted all the midfield boys a beer for the delivery, keep basking in ur own glory Jamesy. You massive legend.$$$$$$$$$$$$$$Auf Wiedersehen
Jealousy is a curse:thumbsdown: Bask,Bask,Bask! I love beating Woodend, It just feels so much better knowing people like you barrick for them.

Jealousy is a curse:thumbsdown: Bask,Bask,Bask! I love beating Woodend, It just feels so much better knowing people like you barrick for them.
You bitter, bitter man. Just think of what the club could do with the money.........................................................................$. If u cant take the heat, then get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back