RDFL Thread 2011 (Part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt Riddell pump Sunbury last year, must be a 100 point turnaround between those two teams if theres daylight between them.

I am talking about over the course of the season, not head to head...

Who knows how the Riddell curse will affect the Kangas in 2011... :D

Guys, Don't forget...

Also, make sure you sign up for the tipping comp, first game is only 8 days away!!!
Just want to make sure everyone signs up to this years competition!!! Want to make it the biggest one yet!!!

http://mysportstips.net/

Competition Name: RDFL2011
Competition Number: 10257
Password: rdfl

With several people putting their tips on here already, it is pretty easy to log into the tipping site, sign up and get involved... :thumbsu:

Xbox, can you give us an update with Rockbank, i see the practice match form has been very good, hows Brendan Tyquin from South shaping up?

Practice match form has been OK. We should have beaten Caroline Springs by a lot more than ten points. Terrible kicking for goal.

North Footscray had a four-point lead at Half Time and the match seemed well poised for anyone's game. It was clear that Rockbank has superior fitness in the end, running all over last year's WRFL division two premiers with a convincing 55-point win.

Tyquin struggled in his first practice match. I see him as a confidence player, though. As long as he continues getting opportunities, his marks will stick. Coming off injury problems last year, so he may take time. Having said that, Travis Johns was terrible in the first practice match but showed everyone why he is the man with a very good effort against North Footscray.

Some pretty decent players at Rockbank, should see both seniours and reserves competitive this year.

Coach made it pretty clear last night that anything less than five straight wins before the Easter break won't be treated kindly (three praccy matches + Broady and Wallan).

Word around town is the Gordon brothers definitely wont recieve clearance to Kilmore......
Apparently the committee at APW are sticking to their guns and would rather see them sit the year out as a consequence of not honouring their contracts.....:(
Not good for the 2 blues (especially after losing Jamesy and the whole Jayco debacle!)
Im sure if you look at the clearences you will see theirs has been cancelled due to the appeal being lodged! the appeal should be next week! I have also heard that a friend of their dads is a qc and have guarenteeed them that they will not lose!! Good news for the two blues

Im thinking...
1. Romsey
2. Sunbury Kangaroos
3. Riddell
4. Diggers Rest
5. Macedon
6. Wallan

7. Broadford
8. Rockbank
9. Kilmore
10. Woodend/hesket
11. Melton Central
12. Lancefield

Im thinking...
1. Romsey
2. Sunbury Kangaroos
3. Riddell
4. Diggers Rest
5. Macedon
6. Wallan

7. Broadford
8. Rockbank
9. Kilmore
10. Woodend/hesket
11. Melton Central
12. Lancefield

1. Sunbury
2. Riddell
3. Romsey
4. macedon
5. Diggers Rest
6. Rockbank

7. Wallan
8. Broadford
9. Kilmore
10. Woodend
11. melton
12. lancefield

Had to make an amendment....

1. Sunbury - Best list in the comp, so many options, tough to beat, clear fav's

Daylight

2. Riddell - Perennial yardstick, lost some height which will make it tough to compete with the Kangas
3. Diggers - Recruited depth, very important for the Burra
4. Romsey - Building toward a solid list with good people and talent, set up year.
5. Macedon - Been quiet, but will be right up there again.
6. Rockbank - Might be the year for the Bankers to sneak into finals again.
7. Wallan - Some returning, Robbo and Collis are good gets.
8. Woodend/Hesket - Young, will give several sides a shake, look for a lot of run and gun.
9. Kilmore - The news of the last couple of days means tough times ahead.
10. Centrals - Greenshields one of the best local level coaches I have heard, will get a bit out of the boys
11. Broadford - Will improve and be very competitive
12. Lancefield - Too many losses, going to be a tough year, but hopefully we will see some good kids come through.

If Sunbury Kangaroos have got the best list, who do you expect to be their five or six standout players this season gents ?

Had to make an amendment....

1. Sunbury - Best list in the comp, so many options, tough to beat, clear fav's

Daylight

2. Riddell - Perennial yardstick, lost some height which will make it tough to compete with the Kangas
3. Diggers - Recruited depth, very important for the Burra
4. Romsey - Building toward a solid list with good people and talent, set up year.
5. Macedon - Been quiet, but will be right up there again.
6. Rockbank - Might be the year for the Bankers to sneak into finals again.
7. Wallan - Some returning, Robbo and Collis are good gets.
8. Woodend/Hesket - Young, will give several sides a shake, look for a lot of run and gun.
9. Kilmore - The news of the last couple of days means tough times ahead.
10. Centrals - Greenshields one of the best local level coaches I have heard, will get a bit out of the boys
11. Broadford - Will improve and be very competitive
12. Lancefield - Too many losses, going to be a tough year, but hopefully we will see some good kids come through.

Making excuses already are u ims??? I would have thought anyone involved in coaching roles at a club should have a little bit more faith in their players. Your job to analyse opposition sides should be fairly easy then. you might as well just watch sunbury every week then if we are so far ahead of the pack. How bout i analyse your list??

1.Austin: A.F.L FOR CARLTON(NO.1 PLAYER IN R.D.F.L BY RUMOURS)
2.Strack: two time bowen medalist
3.Dawson: best chf in comp
4.erwin: best defender in comp with caton
5.Burlak: say no more
6.Green: tough,fit experienced midfielder ELITE
7.mitchell:most dangerous crumbing foward getting around last season
How many more stars should i analyse????

lucky pedo isnt as negative about his chances this season

Whats the go? Most of you guys have Wallan finishing 7th? From what I heard, they are looking better than last year. Still not that tall from what I hear but fast on the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Making excuses already are u ims??? I would have thought anyone involved in coaching roles at a club should have a little bit more faith in their players. Your job to analyse opposition sides should be fairly easy then. you might as well just watch sunbury every week then if we are so far ahead of the pack. How bout i analyse your list??

Very nice there champ. (LMFAO:D) Please dont tell me you are putting all this footy analysis down in another one of those little books of yours mate ??? If so pal, please dont go leaving it lying around the place this time !

Oh, & for what its worth I have -

Sunbury
Romsey

Daylight

Riddell
Diggers
Yada, Yada, Yada.

Because locals turn up & support their clubs in this comp'. Because sponsors get behind their local footy clubs in the rdfl because they can see that the clubs are relevant to the area in which they play.

Looks like you will still have to do some late recruiting BB after season ending injuries to Belcher (broken hand) and O"Rieley (busted collarbone) ? Bet that puts a dint in the side before the season even starts ?

Belcher is an 8 week injury but with Jordie Barham signing with Gissy the forward line is looking great. Saunders, Barham, Sonergan and Petran will cause some headaches. Petran is one of the RDFL players that proved himself at a higher level and hopefully Sonergan can as well. Unfortunately not all do! But thanks for your concern John.

Riddell has also not finished recruiting and will again be very strong again. I don't think there will be much between Sunbury and Riddell this year. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

And if I was running a book:

Riddell $2.00
Sunbury $2.00
Romsey $7.00
Diggers $15.00
Macedon $20.00
Wallen $60.00
Woodend $100.00

Write your own ticket for the rest.

The last 15 odd posts have shown how easily affected by emotion and ill informed those on this forum can be. To think how peoples opinions can change or be influenced because one person puts in a clearance is really interesting. Believe me there are some bigger clearances to be put in to clubs over the next few weeks, interesting see how peoples predictions change then.

Uh.. Yeah.. Because that's what has happened...

Before jumping to conclusions and accusing everyone of being "ill informed", make sure you know what you are talking about first..

Cant wait for these bigger clearances... :thumbsu:

Was generally impressed by both Melton Centrals and Macedon in their games on the weekend.

While both had games against suspect opposition, both sides are very well led by the respective coaches and were well drilled and disciplined.

Centrals were extremely impressive early, Greeny has the side well drilled and willing to work to provide an option, while they dropped off quite dramatically after quarter time, if they are able to play at the intensity they did in the first quarter for an extended period they will certainly give opposition sides a few headaches.

The Cats were extremely well drilled and look as though they will be introducing the full ground press on the RDFL. They had a few missing yesterday but were able to give the opposition a thumping. The full ground press can be taxing and a lot of hard work for non professional footballers, but Al is drilling a discipline into his players that will take them a long way in 2011.. Other clubs will definitely have thier work cut out trying to find a way through the Cats defensive zone.

Interesting observation there, Itsmyshow.

Rockbank did what they had to do yesterday. Weren't at their best, had a few missing, but still held on for a seven-point win over Glenorden.

Drove up to romsey yesterday thought they might have been playing

seen the coach working on seats and working around the clubrooms it was really great to see a coach so involved in the small things around the club well done to peddo :thumbsu:

Wrong Austin, was a Bullants player (a good one at that) will go very well in the RDFL.:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back