RDFL Thread - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have that one mate who no matter the situation something bad always happens.

In his eyes it's bad luck and the phrases "it's unfair", "it's not my fault" or "I didn't do anything wrong" seem to get replayed over and over.

Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe this time it wasn't our mates fault, but the fact that he is involved leaves us with a question. Why is it always him? Year after year, incident after incident it's the same man in question.

Whats the common denominator?

Well that's nice a cryptic.

We all have that one mate who no matter the situation something bad always happens.

In his eyes it's bad luck and the phrases "it's unfair", "it's not my fault" or "I didn't do anything wrong" seem to get replayed over and over.

Everyone makes mistakes. Maybe this time it wasn't our mates fault, but the fact that he is involved leaves us with a question. Why is it always him? Year after year, incident after incident it's the same man in question.

Whats the common denominator?

Couldn't agree with you more Cobber21.... I have seen more than enough of the big fella.... He can be (and mostly is) his own worst enemy.... My point is not about him but more about the league and there ability to influence things when they choose fit.... I'm sure some long term Bomber fans would remember the Tarco boy's being hounded by the league.... But that was after they let that thug Chooka Fedoruk think he was a half decent footballer. :eek: So the Bombers probably deserved it....:D

I am talking about this issue RMFO.. People have the freedom to make any assumption they like about how it all operates, I am not overly interested in what has happened in the past, only how things operate now. I couldn't be more confident in the process, but the decision making is in the hands of a body that is independent to the RDFL. There are comments being thrown around about the penalty handed down for the charge of serious striking, we have both been in football for a long time, I am pretty certain that serious striking is not the charge for kicking, pretty sure that only a charge of serious misconduct or the like covers that type of report. So I am pointing out that the suggestion/assumption that is currently being made is incorrect. The charges heard last night was of "serious striking" and was dealt with appropriately.

I do like the idea of a cold refreshing ale though. :thumbsu:

Point taken....

And it would have to be your shout :thumbsu:.... Let us know when your watching a game other than Riddell this year:D

Point taken....

And it would have to be your shout :thumbsu:.... Let us know when your watching a game other than Riddell this year:D

I have actually been waiting for this comment to pop up :D

Someone told me today that I must be the number 1 ticket holder there.. :eek:

Oh Shit ! I take it back then. It WAS pretty serious !!! :eek:

Should the Umpire have pulled the plug perhaps ?

Though I did not hear it from the umps directly, I did see them approach the teams prior to the start of the third quarter and am told they advised that any more crap and the game would be over.

Couldn't agree with you more Cobber21.... I have seen more than enough of the big fella.... He can be (and mostly is) his own worst enemy.... My point is not about him but more about the league and there ability to influence things when they choose fit.... I'm sure some long term Bomber fans would remember the Tarco boy's being hounded by the league.... But that was after they let that thug Chooka Fedoruk think he was a half decent footballer. :eek: So the Bombers probably deserved it....:D

I wasn't referring to an individual...

Romsey FNC's annual Pink Footy & Netball Day will be held this Saturday 12th May at the Romsey Reserve. Senior Football players and all three grade netball teams will be turning HOT PINK again during their matches and raise funds and awareness for the Breast Cancer Network Australia.

There is sure to be 6 great games on the day, playing against Sunbury Kangaroos.

The day will also consist of a "Ladies Luncheon" which will be held in a Marquis.
$20 entry
Luncheon
Complimentary glass of PINK Champagne.
Door Prizes
Auctions
Raffles
Inspirational Guest Speakers.

During half time of the Senior footy there will be a "Field of Woman" that will take place on the oval.

There will also be kids activity such as a Jumping Castle so the Mums can enjoy a lovely day out.

So boys let your wifes, girlfriends, partners, Auntys, sisters, Grandmothers know and get them along.:)

What incident is that?

Harry Wilson posted this below on page 34

A very ugly incident occured yesterday at Kilmore also. After a Kilmore player missed a goal, one of the Romsey players gave him a bump (nothing in it, just banter) and the two players got physically involved with each other, a few jumper punches, push and shove.

It was then heard by many, some absolutely abhorrent racially motivated comments directed from the Kilmore crowd towards one of the Aboriginal boys from Romsey. This then added fuel to the fire!! One of the spectators even tried to jump the fence to get involved in the on field incident, luckily some other Kilmore supporters had cooler heads and stopped this from happening.

I understand that this kind of behaviour is not tolerated within the RDFL and I also have it on good authority that Kilmore FC is very upset and dissappointed that these kinds of comments would come from anyone let alone a supporter of their club.

Doona is a great man and for him to go the extent of making contact with some members of the Romsey FC after the game, to advise that Kilmore FC will be taking this matter very seriously, shows that they (Kilmore) have got great people around the club and an incident like this one is not indicative of the people or the direction the KFC is heading.

Keep working hard Doona and Kilmore.

Hearing was adjourned so the young fella is right to take part in what should be a cracking game vs Sunbury this week.

Not sure how advanced the hearing got in terms of evidence etc etc, I woke to an SMS from one of my lads this morning that said they stopped at 11pm, musta been a bit like Cinderella and it was near pumpkin time - or wherever the venue was they had to be out.

Two different things Doona I think. The hearing last night was for a player report. The thing OEB is talking about is the actual investigation, investigation generally takes a while until all parties interviewed.

Two different things Doona I think. The hearing last night was for a player report. The thing OEB is talking about is the actual investigation, investigation generally takes a while until all parties interviewed.

Thats all I was referring to, was it pumpkin time at 11pm or was it venue related?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 4 in the RDFL.

What I learned in Round 4

• We have a top 5, Sunbury, Diggers, Romsey, Riddell and Macedon, then daylight, then Centrals, Wallan, Broadford, Rockbank and Kilmore, then a gap to Woodend/Hesket, then daylight, followed by daylight, followed by a gap to Lancefield.
  • Some horrible horrible incidents, and it doesn't reflect the standard of the clubs and people in our league.
  • Unfortunately, there are too many people out there that sit around waiting for negative incidents just so they can bring out their little pot shots.
  • Could put the top 6 in the performance ladder in any order this week
I am interested pal in why you have a gap too Woodend/Hesket ?
I have them on the same line as those sides just above ! :confused:

Oh & your Bomber apparel is in.......along with the complementary No' 1 membership you requested ! ;)

[/list]
I am interested pal in why you have a gap too Woodend/Hesket ?
I have them on the same line as those sides just above ! :confused:

Oh & your Bomber apparel is in.......along with the complementary No' 1 membership you requested ! ;)

I think they are a gap behind Broadford, inaccuracy from the Roos probably flattered the final scoreline on the weekend. The Hawks will come good, it's just going to take them a while to adjust to the new style and get games into the young blokes.

Broadford is just barely clinging to that group though and could slip to the same level as Woodend quite easily.

Hearing was adjourned so the young fella is right to take part in what should be a cracking game vs Sunbury this week.

Not sure how advanced the hearing got in terms of evidence etc etc, I woke to an SMS from one of my lads this morning that said they stopped at 11pm, musta been a bit like Cinderella and it was near pumpkin time - or wherever the venue was they had to be out.

Doona is it true your recruit from Heathcote has left the club after an incident Saturday night, or is it not true.

Doona is it true your recruit from Heathcote has left the club after an incident Saturday night, or is it not true.

Not to my knowledge, we spoke yesterday as he wanted to know what running he missed Tuesday night and said "see ya tomorrow night."

The poor young Hawks can't take a trick at the moment on the injury front.. they're falling down like 10 pins.. lets hope that they get a good full side on the paddock within the next month and can get a few wins on the board.. the loss of Sauce on Saturday to a hamstring injury will be crucial, given that he's probably been in the top three of four best for the club this season.. :(

OMNI"S Tips Round 5.

After being the beneficiaries of the BEST draw in RDFL history, the Cats at home take on a resurgent Broadford outfit looking for two on the trot. Finchies boys were pretty good last week notching up their first win of the season, but they will find no joy here with a resolute Macedon side that has learned to take no prisoners. The Cats last week, (in what some thought was a danger game) did what a good side should. They not only beat Rockbank, they went on to humiliate them ! So off the back of that they should have no trouble here in this no brainer. Macedon by 66 pts.

I dont agree with IMS that Woodend are our second worst side this season. They beat the Rams in round 1. They matched it with Macedon for the first 3 quarters in round 3. And they just got rolled by the Roos by a couple of kicks last week. Not too bad for a side on the re-build ! I definitely think the Hawks are in the mix for that final sixth spot no question. Tomorrow is another thing though ! Diggers are a well oiled machine this season. They seem to have no obvious weeknesses & are playing a very very good brand of footy On paper they should easily get the points here. But in a season where final ladder percentage will be oh so important. Can the Hawks limit the margin at home ? I think not ! Burra by 66 pts.

Rockbank v Kilmore. This game has all the ingredients to be a cracker.................... No Really it does ! The Rams are coming of a smashing at the hands of Macedon, and will be desperate to atone. Whilst Kilmore who are traditionally slow starters to a season & have been under siege in recent weeks (for all the wrong reasons) will be manic in their approach to get their first win & kick start their season & head it in the right direction. Both these sides appear to be pretty evenly matched so the game promises to be quite a good contest. I guess I just worry about a sides belief & commitment when they can be beaten by 100+ points. So it is for that reason that I am picking Kilmore by 6 pts.

Yes Riddell have had a horror run with injuries. Yes there is currently a "Captains Curse" afflicting the side. & Yes the players like to dress up in women's clothing.
Some actually look pretty damn good !
But, you will never hear them using that as an excuse ! Ahhh the injuries..... Not the womens clothing thing !!! What it has meant is that - Matt Sammut has been able to come back into the side after that horrific break to his leg last season & dominate the play once again. "No Name" young players the likes of - Daniel Jurczyluc, Tim Rowsell, James Nolan, Ben Donnelly, Liam Rath, Jordan Taylor, Darcy Bedgegood & Matt Darby just to name a few, have stepped up, taken the opportunity & made an immediate impact for the Bombers. The Tigers are pooh, & are starting to smell like it. Enough said about em the better. Riddell by 666 pts.

Melton were disgraceful last week. A side without meaning, purpose or direction. Can they get their mojo back & make it a contest against Wallan, who are not doing too much wrong so far this year ? The Pies are pretty much doing what they have too to try and reclaim that 6th finals spot that they snagged in 2011. Both these sides are sitting 2 & 2 on the ladder, but I just have the feeling Wallan have the edge. So I'm tipping the Pies to get the candy over at Melton by 6pts.

And in the "Match of the Year" over at Romsey tomorrow - The Redbacks have struggled a little so far this season to match the form that saw them take out the 2011 Premiership. Maybe a hangover, maybe injuries or maybe just that they are building
their momentum towards the pointy end of the season so as to be cherry ripe & peak at the right time. Either way I'm sure wily old Peddo will know exactly what he is doing over at Feralville so as to give his boys the very best shot at back to backs.
I'd also like to say something about his opposition tomorrow because this clash promises so much. But alas, my collection of words here may offend the ultra over sensitive "Princess Diva" over there that does not have the ability or the wherewithall to just "Harden the **** Up"..................Shame really, they are a pretty good unit !
Romsey by 6pts.

Have ran out of time this week :eek:

Tips

Macedon to defeat Broadford
Diggers to defeat Woodend/Hesket
Kilmore to defeat Rockbank
Riddell to defeat Lancefield
Romsey to defeat Sunbury
Melton Centrals to defeat Wallan

Good luck to everyone tomorrow :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.