RDFL Thread - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you put it that way Doona it will be a very lopsided draw aND I hope for Wallans sake they draw a couple of the lower ranked 2012 teams a second time as I think they are still without coach and president. If they only get Broadford once I bloody hope its a home game at Wallan :)

Maybe they will make it 18 games however extend the future to accommodate the 13th team? Rather than shorten the amount of games played by 2, which obviously restricts a teams ability to score 2 extra wins throughout the season!!'

Funny you would say this. The New boys on the block Rupertswood would have to be in the top 10 in the state and are very well known for their junior development program. With 2 or 3 teams in each junior division the talent in their pool is amazing, add to that the membership fees, excellent sponsorship, and very knowledgeable and experienced football department.
No club in this league should under estimate what they will be capable of. With the past 10? years in the ametuers and players not being paid, They will have close to the best Facilities and a bank balance most clubs would dream of. They have always had quantity, Quality and now will have the ability to retain players.
I would not expect them to go on a major recruiting drive to become a top side in 2013, But i would expect them to be contacting and trying to draw back past players that have left for a bit of pocket money.

If you think Rupo or any other club in the ammos dont pay players, than you are way off the mark.
All clubs pay players to play.

If you want to think that so be it. Their best two players gone to St Albans
so they havent saved enough over the past ten years?

truth be know they were not happy with rupo offer, and then did not want to play RDFL, their call good luck to them, both welcome back anytime, we will not pay overs no matter how good the player in question is,

truth be know they were not happy with rupo offer, and then did not want to play RDFL, their call good luck to them, both welcome back anytime, we will not pay overs no matter how good the player in question is,

The only way to run a club, keep the locals happy and not go broke. Good Logic.

Spot on rupo are now in a position to pay but won't go silly with it. They won't pay the likes of st Albans will pay. They have enough blokes there and many returning who love the club and if they get some coin they will see it as a bonus.

I can't give all the information up just yet lads let's just say he's very very committed to see Broadford improve

I think everyone at the club wants that to see the team improve. Training's pretty much started for some very committed Broadford players and I'll be joining them as soon as my year 11 exams are over.

I think everyone at the club wants that to see the team improve. Training's pretty much started for some very committed Broadford players and I'll be joining them as soon as my year 11 exams are over.

You mean to say clubs are training already? Year 11 exams and you're thinking about footy training, just enjoy your school holidays and then get into it. Anyone from Wallan on here know how the 2nd AGM went last night?

You mean to say clubs are training already? Year 11 exams and you're thinking about footy training, just enjoy your school holidays and then get into it. Anyone from Wallan on here know how the 2nd AGM went last night?
Committe was formed and senior coach was announced.

Ben Chapman i heard?
Correct That is my name, although i do answer to many others! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all within the RDFL thread and say that i am looking forward to coaching the Wallan Football Club in 2013. Cal, as a Wallan local please feel free to send me a message at any time if you need any info or to arrange a chat. Alternatively my old mate Doon has plenty of dirt on me, however in most cases he would also be incriminating himself :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Wallan’s new coach the same guy who didn’t get the Craigieburn job? Hope him all the best has a very talented young team to coach. Great to also see Broadford working hard and getting a few of the old guys back to the club and yes OLD guys haha joking still guns. Any word on Kilmore keeping things very quit, hearing a couple players are going to Craigieburn.

Correct That is my name, although i do answer to many others! I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself to all within the RDFL thread and say that i am looking forward to coaching the Wallan Football Club in 2013. Cal, as a Wallan local please feel free to send me a message at any time if you need any info or to arrange a chat. Alternatively my old mate Doon has plenty of dirt on me, however in most cases he would also be incriminating himself :cool:

Ha ha ya not wrong there, and the fact not much of it is footy related suggests we just leave it as being awesome laughs and memories from 20-odd year friendship.
All the best Goon, you've certainly served a lenghty apprenticeship and we all needed someone to give us our first crack at it. The fact it's where u played most your junior footy makes it a little more special no doubt :thumbsu:

Apre iate that wouldn't call myself a local though moved into Hidden Valley a while ago after a long time away. Did see most home games and a few others and think if you get a few experienced guys and actual leaders theres a good group of young blokes already there.

Bit bored on Cup Day, Flemington fields aren't too flash so with cuppa in hand have been trawling thru all the boards for a footy fix. Interesting post over on the YVMDFL thread - obviously pi$$ and wind as this could never happen at our level (YVMDFL too) but it sure did make the old mind tick a bit ......​
(post #721) WARBY HWY said:
My understanding is the AFL & the VCFL have been in discussion regarding recreational drug use in country football. Proposal of random drug testing to be carried out by league officials across Victoria in season 2013. This has come about in the aftermath of the world cycling debacle and that sports name being tarnished forever. Would be interesting to know people's thoughts on this 1 & whether you think your club or any others might struggle to get a team on the paddock if they turned up? A very touchy subject at most clubs with the older brigade!!

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/silly-season-whispers.761350/page-29

Bit bored on Cup Day, Flemington fields aren't too flash so with cuppa in hand have been trawling thru all the boards for a footy fix. Interesting post over on the YVMDFL thread - obviously pi$$ and wind as this could never happen at our level (YVMDFL too) but it sure did make the old mind tick a bit ......​
(post #721) WARBY HWY said:
My understanding is the AFL & the VCFL have been in discussion regarding recreational drug use in country football. Proposal of random drug testing to be carried out by league officials across Victoria in season 2013. This has come about in the aftermath of the world cycling debacle and that sports name being tarnished forever. Would be interesting to know people's thoughts on this 1 & whether you think your club or any others might struggle to get a team on the paddock if they turned up? A very touchy subject at most clubs with the older brigade!!

Not sure of the value of this or the fact that it suggests league officials will be conducting the testing (would open up a can of worms i reckon). It's amateur footy, if blokes are suspected of taking recreational drugs then I believe it is the role of the police to stamp it out given that recreational drugs are against the law

Not sure of the value of this or the fact that it suggests league officials will be conducting the testing (would open up a can of worms i reckon). It's amateur footy, if blokes are suspected of taking recreational drugs then I believe it is the role of the police to stamp it out given that recreational drugs are against the law

Like I said mate, and IMS did too, can't happen, wont happen. Ive tried looking for anything thru the VCFL/FOOTY Vic sites etc but can't so it's one of those footy whispers that's all.

How much do you guys think it'll take to make inter-league next season, and what other leagues is it against?

Hello all, at the risk of igniting the whole "umpires performance on grand final day thing" which I really don't want to do as I think we have finally moved on. There were some comments made during the debate about the last 10 minutes of the game being posted on youtube. Has this happened? I ask because I am keen to have a look at the standard of footy (not the umpires). If not, is there any other footage of RDFL games out there. I can't find any on youtube. I did find the highlights from the EDFL GF which was good to watch though.

Hello all, at the risk of igniting the whole "umpires performance on grand final day thing" which I really don't want to do as I think we have finally moved on. There were some comments made during the debate about the last 10 minutes of the game being posted on youtube. Has this happened? I ask because I am keen to have a look at the standard of footy (not the umpires). If not, is there any other footage of RDFL games out there. I can't find any on youtube. I did find the highlights from the EDFL GF which was good to watch though.
What ever happened to the threats about Romsey leaving the RDFL?

Watch a Western bulldogs Vs Melbourne game. Just a step up on that.:D

Sunbury kangaroos pre season training starts this Monday 12th November 6pm at Boardman reserve. All new players welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back