RDFNL 2018 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, Rupo were insipid today. Talk about the umpires is irrelevant, considering 2 of the first 3 Rupo goals came from free kicks that were potentially dubious.

Macedon far too good, game was over after the first 20 minutes.

Diggers have a challenge on their hands next week, a slow start might see them in the same position, with a Bombers vs Cats GF the week after promising plenty.

Looks like some on here have thrown the toys out of the cot.
Macedon far too good with winners all over ground.By 1/2 time I reckon Markworth had more bounces than Rupo had scoring shots.Macedon forwards got V.I.P service from a rampaging midfield .Actually felt sorry for Rupo defenders as I dont think Alex Rance could of stopped many of those forward entries.
Rupo well beaten but I thought they battled hard but completely outclassed.
Some a bit harsh to question Ash I think but we all have our opinions.Still have much respect for Rupo to have consistent high finishes across all 3 grades again they just need to recruit a few key players as do most teams.Lets not forget Rupo did perform better than 8 other teams this season but people are quick to forget that.
Good for Rdfnl to have best 3 teams still alive.
Well done to Romsey as host ground perfect n chicken steaks where first class.

Looks like some on here have thrown the toys out of the cot.
Macedon far too good with winners all over ground.By 1/2 time I reckon Markworth had more bounces than Rupo had scoring shots.Macedon forwards got V.I.P service from a rampaging midfield .Actually felt sorry for Rupo defenders as I dont think Alex Rance could of stopped many of those forward entries.
Rupo well beaten but I thought they battled hard but completely outclassed.
Some a bit harsh to question Ash I think but we all have our opinions.Still have much respect for Rupo to have consistent high finishes across all 3 grades again they just need to recruit a few key players as do most teams.Lets not forget Rupo did perform better than 8 other teams this season but people are quick to forget that.
Good for Rdfnl to have best 3 teams still alive.
Well done to Romsey as host ground perfect n chicken steaks where first class.

I missed out today, but the Redbacks chicken steaks are the best BBQ food in the comp.

Three weeks ago, Macedon finished the home and away in 5, and where playing to that.
WTF, who poked the bear when the team comes out and beats the team that finished on top by 10 goals.

Three weeks ago, Macedon finished the home and away in 5, and where playing to that.
WTF, who poked the bear when the team comes out and beats the team that finished on top by 10 goals.
Have everyone on the park bro, it helps, it seriously does and they are unstoppable on Clarke if they get there. Not sure diggers can stop them either. Errol McConnell is there only out I think.

Shame that after a few great stories out at Romsey Park today, the only stories on the RDFNL Facebook page are from a competition that has loose ties to the competition at best, especially at this time of year.

Shame that after a few great stories out at Romsey Park today, the only stories on the RDFNL Facebook page are from a competition that has loose ties to the competition at best, especially at this time of year.
Not on FB but agree, for this league to do well, more needs to be done about giving it its own identity, not making it the red headed step child of some other league. Congrats to all who won today and to those who are still alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of points tonight. Has anyone watched the VFL umpiring lately? Would be good if the RDFL umpires did because they don’t ping players for everything. They aren’t AFL players do don’t treat them like AFL players.

Rupo’s problem not so much who is in this year (didn’t agree on some choices)but who was out, Cannolo, Wallin and Hetherington. Also Leighroy the junior program isn’t exactly flying these days. Maybe recruits from the EDFL is their only option?

Only watched the Sunbury games last two weeks but I feel Diggers is vulnerable down back. Tyquin provides run out of the back line, very good player but undersized for second key back and struggled in marking contest giving away frees for holding/grabbing at Sonogon.
How well is McCabe doing (I know not in their best but then neither was Morton and he must of been running at 98% efficiency with his disposals), statement not a question. Still think maybe opposition paying to much respect. Pretty sure he wouldn’t like to be chasing defenders out of the back line all day, so what would be the plan?
Think Riddell would prefer Diggers to win next week but the great thing about football is the unknowns.

With the finals here the league would be rapt with the big crowds.
The change rooms has been a bit of a puzzle with Diggers and Rupo in Different change rooms on the weekend making it hard for the trainers.
Rupo Seniors out in straight sets.
Riddell looked good on Saturday in the wet and Macedon has turned up the heat on everyone.
Wallan reserves played well all day.
Rupo Thirds were tested for three quarters and then ran away.
Final Series just starting to heat up
The league has a big problem here giving the OK to a Wallan player on the weekend for the reserves by bypassing the By-Laws and this could be very messy.
It was all the talk on Sunday at the game.

As the By-laws state which is the governing rules we play by - Club 18 matches do NOT count towards the calculation of Finals Eligibilitty in BFNL or RDFNL at Seniors, Reserves or UNder 18/18.5 level (I assume the league hasnt changed this to Under 19.5s yet). Please refer to League Bylaws for BFNL and/or RDFNL Finals Eligibilty criterea.

Hope they can sort this out quickly and clear the air for everyone. I thought that the Club 18 Competition was for players that found it hard to get there on Saturdays and to have a bit of fun on Friday nights like the Super Rules.

With the finals here the league would be rapt with the big crowds.
The change rooms has been a bit of a puzzle with Diggers and Rupo in Different change rooms on the weekend making it hard for the trainers.
Rupo Seniors out in straight sets.
Riddell looked good on Saturday in the wet and Macedon has turned up the heat on everyone.
Wallan reserves played well all day.
Rupo Thirds were tested for three quarters and then ran away.
Final Series just starting to heat up
The league has a big problem here giving the OK to a Wallan player on the weekend for the reserves by bypassing the By-Laws and this could be very messy.
It was all the talk on Sunday at the game.

As the By-laws state which is the governing rules we play by - Club 18 matches do NOT count towards the calculation of Finals Eligibilitty in BFNL or RDFNL at Seniors, Reserves or UNder 18/18.5 level (I assume the league hasnt changed this to Under 19.5s yet). Please refer to League Bylaws for BFNL and/or RDFNL Finals Eligibilty criterea.

Hope they can sort this out quickly and clear the air for everyone. I thought that the Club 18 Competition was for players that found it hard to get there on Saturdays and to have a bit of fun on Friday nights like the Super Rules.
Club 18 or thirds as there called do count in other comps and should here as it’s also for overflow players who don’t get a game in the twos or 19.5. It was stated that the league was asked ok it move on it was a week ago, but the league should put a statement out to clear the air but again may mean they need to communicate earth to mars are you there.

David G - I agree there should have been a statement to all clubs in the league about this could it have helped anyother club. Are clubs that dont have Club 18 now at a disadvantage. I dont blame Wallan because they went to the League for clarification but the fact remains it states in the by-laws that the games do not count so I dont see how the League could say yes when these are the rules put in place by them as Governing body . This could get messy from the Leagues point of view.

Anyone know who Rupo Twos are playing next week, big noise around the ground today about Diggers going straight in after Wallan played coach Nolan? Do Rupo play Wallan next week or Diggers in the GF, what's the penalty?

Nolan has qualified - has been confirmed by league (as was done by Wallan two weeks prior to finals commencing). All a bag of wind !!!

Pretty good weekend of footy. Gee some harsh criticism of rupo. I am sure they will hurt all summer, but they are the perfect example of how hard it is to get there never lone win em. If there list was on the park and they got rolled fair enough chop them down, but that list was not gong to beat the list of Macedon if both teams played at their best. Just pot luck in the end and that’s the beast, but with seniors top 4 reserves top 3 I am sure as a club there year is not as bad as some are suggesting to the point of changing the coach. They won the in or premiership having to overcome a difficult draw and a long list of injuries. Could not get through finals when it heated up and the injuries got worse. No excuse for them and I know w all take aim at times but I think long bow drawn to question their coach and club especially from those outside the top 6 and cop smashings. Those clubs would give their right arm to be rupo today. Look at Saturday games, diggers slightly undermanned could not go with the bombers. Take half a dozen out of bombers I am sure they have the same struggles with top teams. Macedon had some ordinary performances during the year, team on the park now dangerous. Still they have to get there same as the burra. Is bombers to lose from here. Fact is, there was 5good teams in the comp all year, 2 are gone three to go, best the rest get their club together and challenge these teams as opposed to potting them. That’s my say.

Pretty good weekend of footy. Gee some harsh criticism of rupo. I am sure they will hurt all summer, but they are the perfect example of how hard it is to get there never lone win em. If there list was on the park and they got rolled fair enough chop them down, but that list was not gong to beat the list of Macedon if both teams played at their best. Just pot luck in the end and that’s the beast, but with seniors top 4 reserves top 3 I am sure as a club there year is not as bad as some are suggesting to the point of changing the coach. They won the in or premiership having to overcome a difficult draw and a long list of injuries. Could not get through finals when it heated up and the injuries got worse. No excuse for them and I know w all take aim at times but I think long bow drawn to question their coach and club especially from those outside the top 6 and cop smashings. Those clubs would give their right arm to be rupo today. Look at Saturday games, diggers slightly undermanned could not go with the bombers. Take half a dozen out of bombers I am sure they have the same struggles with top teams. Macedon had some ordinary performances during the year, team on the park now dangerous. Still they have to get there same as the burra. Is bombers to lose from here. Fact is, there was 5good teams in the comp all year, 2 are gone three to go, best the rest get their club together and challenge these teams as opposed to potting them. That’s my say.
I agree mate you should never kick a side when they are down. Usually comes back to bite you on the arse.

I agree mate you should never kick a side when they are down. Usually comes back to bite you on the arse.

Bit like the rumour of a certain Rupo official telling a certain Macedon official at round 8 that the cats wouldn’t be in the top 8! Heard it was used as a bit of motivation on Sunday too. That I reckon is a great chunk outta their arse for sure. Ah Karma a bus that always arrives at just the right time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bit like the rumour of a certain Rupo official telling a certain Macedon official at round 8 that the cats wouldn’t be in the top 8! Heard it was used as a bit of motivation on Sunday too. That I reckon is a great chunk outta their arse for sure. Ah Karma a bus that always arrives at just the right time.

Sounds like REO Speedwagon are involved -
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from a friend who
Heard it from another you been messin' around.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back