RDFNL 2022 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this is a pi$$take?Some of you guys would make good politicians with your ability to embellish the truth.Population increase does not lead to more people playing community sport.Feel free to call me racist but to my knowledge very few (if any)Indians play in Wallan nor the surrounding areas.Simply put local footy is dying and will continue to do so.
I have read three articles re local footy on Herald Sun this morning and that’s where the truth is.I hope someone can post here for you tight ar$es that dont pay.

Lets just hope we get a full season in and good luck to all.
Do Wallan still field a ‘clubbies’ team on top of their reserves side Barfly?

To each their own but pointing to a particular migrant group as a reason for the downturn of a club or competition is pretty weak, Italian, Greek, Turkish, Lebanese, Sudanese etc communities have had to be won over in times past- the difference is that people seemingly lack the appetite now.

Yep sure do.
I’m not sure why Barfly thought my earlier comments were a pi$$ take. I never said that Wallan needed a second club now, nor did I denigrate them in any way, in fact I praised how well the club has done over the last few years. However, with a predicted population growth of 25,000 to 30,000, the town will need a second club in the future. I make the point about a ‘clubbies’ team, because Wallan has been so successful that they can basically field a second reserves team, whilst many other clubs struggle to field one.

I’m not sure why Barfly thought my earlier comments were a pi$$ take. I never said that Wallan needed a second club now, nor did I denigrate them in any way, in fact I praised how well the club has done over the last few years. However, with a predicted population growth of 25,000 to 30,000, the town will need a second club in the future. I make the point about a ‘clubbies’ team, because Wallan has been so successful that they can basically field a second reserves team, whilst many other clubs struggle to field one.
Wallan people get a bit touchy when it comes to facts 🤣😂

In 2017, AFL Goldfields has introduced a “Club 18” competition. This is a Reserves competition for the BFNL and RDFNL's Reserves competitions. It comprises of players who may have otherwise walked away from the game, but who are still keen for a semi-serious/social game of footy.

Club 18 is a 16-players-a-side competition and allows clubs to retain players who may have otherwise retired, or stepped away from footy, while also helping clubs keep a strong membership and a healthy club culture.

Club 18 caters for those who may have been going into ‘semi-retirement’ and provides opportunities to players who have graduated from junior ranks that may have otherwise missed out on a game.
Bacchus Marsh and Sunbury Lions from the Ballarat Football Netball League and Sunbury Kangaroos and Diggers Rest from the Riddell District Football Netball League will make-up the new league.

It is hoped that this will continue the future growth across the region in the coming years.
Players from other clubs looking to join in are encouraged to so by either contacting the League or by getting in touch with any of the above clubs directly.

Round One kicks off on Saturday, April 29th, aligned with Rounds 2 & Round 3 of the Ballarat FNL and Riddell District FNL’s fixtures respectively, giving a fantastic opportunity for the competition to gain exposure in its opening round.

The competition will comprise of 12 Home and Away rounds, before all four sides at the end of the season compete in a two-week finals campaign, with the Grand Final held on Saturday, August 19.

Please stay tuned for a full-fixture, which will be released soon. For any queries, please contact Mitch Tinning at mitch@aflgoldfields.com.au.

Round 1 – Club 18 Competition
Saturday, April 29th 2017
Bacchus Marsh v Sunbury Lions Maddingley Park (N)
Diggers Rest v Sunbury Kangaroos Bloomdale Oval

More facts:

In 2019 there were 2 teams, Wallan and Diggers Rest playing Club 18s, the same two teams played in 2018. In 2017 Sunbury Kangaroos, Rockbank and Diggers Rest played Club 18s.

The Wallan Football club has become a club in the RDFNL that people want to play for. Who can blame them? They're a successful club with one of the best young coaches in the game and are a brilliantly run club. Don't be jealous and bitter, be better.

I think you have missed the point of this whole conversation all we said was Wallan has a bigger pool of players/population compared to other teams in the rdfnl good on them maybe go back and read what other posters have posted before getting on the defensive and having a crack at people for making a observation

I think you have missed the point of this whole conversation all we said was Wallan has a bigger pool of players/population compared to other teams in the rdfnl good on them maybe go back and read what other posters have posted before getting on the defensive and having a crack at people for making a observation

The question was asked, so I posted the clubs in the RDFNL that have had Club 18 sides. You've done nothing but hang crap on them since you got here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First team I’ve seen the disagree ’emoji’ Talkinshite, never knew it existed before now. What exactly do you disagree about in my post?

Disappointing when common parasites invade a forum and contribute nothing but crap.Many here to talk footy sadly some spineless people come here with an axe to grind.Must be bored miserable individuals.

I agree and yet still no chat about how no one tipped Riddell ;)

LoL

Any win in Macedon is a very good win. Fill us in. Who played well? Good to have Tarczon back?

Finally, when does Wallan get another side? 20 years after a 2nd side in Craigieburn and a long time after a club is established in Beveridge. As noted earlier, 3 other sides had club 18s last year and nobody batted an eyelid.

LoL

Any win in Macedon is a very good win. Fill us in. Who played well? Good to have Tarczon back?

Finally, when does Wallan get another side? 20 years after a 2nd side in Craigieburn and a long time after a club is established in Beveridge. As noted earlier, 3 other sides had club 18s last year and nobody batted an eyelid.
Who knows may happen may not blueboy67 was having a opinion on a forum should not matter to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Disappointing when common parasites invade a forum and contribute nothing but crap.Many here to talk footy sadly some spineless people come here with an axe to grind.Must be bored miserable individuals.
Posters are entitled to their opinion so long as they keep it polite Barfly. Got this thread going a bit after it had been stagnant for awhile.

Anyway, change of topic. Good to see Harry Taylor named skipper of Lancefield Tigers. He has attracted a lot of ex Assumption College lads to the club to give them something to build on for the future.

First team I’ve seen the disagree ’emoji’ Talkinshite, never knew it existed before now. What exactly do you disagree about in my post?
As you’d know opinions are like ar$ehole$ everyone has one, I didn’t agree with what you wrote with the population growth I believe (my opinion) that Beveridge and/or Donnybrook will be the growth teams. The bulk majority of the cubbies are Tradies and therefore their games are usually on a Friday nights so they can work on a Saturday, hopefully this answers your question

As you’d know opinions are like ar$ehole$ everyone has one, I didn’t agree with what you wrote with the population growth I believe (my opinion) that Beveridge and/or Donnybrook will be the growth teams. The bulk majority of the cubbies are Tradies and therefore their games are usually on a Friday nights so they can work on a Saturday, hopefully this answers your question
Thanks for that Talkinshite and the fact the you showed me there are other emojis available other just the like button!

Diggers by 10 goals
Wallan by 15 goals
Macedon by 15 goals
Riddell by 15 goals
Should be a percentage boosting round

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2022 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back