RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe if the league is going to allow this they should have just changed the entire age group. Make it under21 or something, I understand what they are trying to achieve but it cannot be at the expense of other teams ability to compete.
I dont mind this idea either - I think they might have just been thinking a year of pain / annoyance might be worth it for the Giants to have some assistance in their first year

If you got three people from AFL Victoria to explain it to you, I reckon they'd probably give three different answers.

I can guess how it works when teams come out of recess but I am not even sure that new clubs are even written into the guidelines.

I can safely say that ex-juniors would be one point and I would assume that juniors returning from other senior clubs would be one point and players coming from other senior clubs are treated as per normal.

I don't understand how the player points will work?

Will all the players be classified as 1 pointers?

I’m assuming the player points will be the same as if they went to any other team but Giants will have a higher allocation to recruit with.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can we start a discussion on tomorrows Preliminary Finals with all grades.
I think its going to be a ripper day ripper day in Kyneton
To me this is the real deal Saturday and any of the Six teams playing
could progress to the GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we start a discussion on tomorrows Preliminary Finals with all grades.
I think its going to be a ripper day ripper day in Kyneton
To me this is the real deal Saturday and any of the Six teams playing
could progress to the GF
For what it's worth I think Wallan by 20.
But, I have tipped wrong all finals hehe

For what it's worth I think Wallan by 20.
But, I have tipped wrong all finals hehe
Snap, good news for Macedon with my tipping performance this finals series.
But I think Wallans experience will get the job done by 15 points

Under 19s Macedon 30 points
Reserves diggers 10 points

Congratulations to the Macedon boys today. A very young group who are going to take the club a long way.

Well done Wallan and Riddell on making the GF next Sunday.

If they play the PF and GF in Kyneton every year, I'd have no complaints. Excellent venue.

Congratulations to the Macedon boys today. A very young group who are going to take the club a long way.

Well done Wallan and Riddell on making the GF next Sunday.

If they play the PF and GF in Kyneton every year, I'd have no complaints. Excellent venue.
Completely agree with you Aucklander.
How good is the grandstand, and the oval in perfect conditions as well. 4 games I’ve attended at the Showgrounds this year including today and Good Friday - they just do it so well there. From getting into the ground, to the quickness of lines, to the drink varieties, it’s a credit to all involved. If I’m a betting man, and they can get the netball change rooms sorted, I’d say they are a moral to be hosting the Grand Final next year.

Got down there early today for the 19.5s, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a crowd so loud during the last quarter of any game, let alone an under 19.5s game. Gee the Kyneton faithful turn up, I reckon there was nearly more there for the 19s than were left when the seniors started.
Credit to the Kyneton boys who scraped into finals, and have now made it through to a GF

The reserves game a scrappy affair - but a couple experience heads for Diggers who have played in some senior finals Cleary the difference in the end

Finally the seniors, credit to Macedon there young guys had a decent crack, but were just no match for the bigger body Wallan boys.

Thought Bellino, Gilchrist and Boyal were outstanding. Definitely not going to write off Wallen next week.

Anyways great day had, now let’s hope the Blues get the job done tonight

Completely agree with you Aucklander.
How good is the grandstand, and the oval in perfect conditions as well. 4 games I’ve attended at the Showgrounds this year including today and Good Friday - they just do it so well there. From getting into the ground, to the quickness of lines, to the drink varieties, it’s a credit to all involved. If I’m a betting man, and they can get the netball change rooms sorted, I’d say they are a moral to be hosting the Grand Final next year.

The home changing rooms were very impressive.

Got down there early today for the 19.5s, I don’t think I’ve ever heard a crowd so loud during the last quarter of any game, let alone an under 19.5s game. Gee the Kyneton faithful turn up, I reckon there was nearly more there for the 19s than were left when the seniors started.
Credit to the Kyneton boys who scraped into finals, and have now made it through to a GF

The reserves game a scrappy affair - but a couple experience heads for Diggers who have played in some senior finals Cleary the difference in the end

Missed the early game, but the 2nd was a dour affair. Diggers were far better than the final margin I thought.
Finally the seniors, credit to Macedon there young guys had a decent crack, but were just no match for the bigger body Wallan boys.

Thought Bellino, Gilchrist and Boyal were outstanding. Definitely not going to write off Wallen next week.

Anyways great day had, now let’s hope the Blues get the job done tonight

I thought the back six controlled the last 1/4 very well into the wind.

Talking to a couple of youngsters up in the stand they said, oh well, there's always next year and I suggested to them there's going to plenty of flags coming their clubs way if this group can stay together. Like a few teams in this league and especially the young ones, it's just that last pass or two where they fall down.

I thought Gough was brilliant and looks a quality footballer.

I got there at half time of the early game , grandstand chockers and standing area underneath packed from the bar all the way to the social rooms , was great to see

It did thin out after the Kyneton game understandably, but looked like there wasn’t much support/atmosphere for the reserves and seniors games

I don’t know much about the under 19s, one thing that stuck out to me was all the gisborne giants were in a huddle on the ground in front of me after the final siren , and there was a massive cheer, I didn’t hear exactly what was said but it was along the lines of , the biggest threat is knocked out and the cup is ours…

Diggers way to good in the reserves , I think they’ll beat romsey comfortably

Wallan just a class above and should give riddell a fair run , if Macedon keep all there players for the next 5 years I think there will be a few flags to come for them

I got there at half time of the early game , grandstand chockers and standing area underneath packed from the bar all the way to the social rooms , was great to see

It did thin out after the Kyneton game understandably, but looked like there wasn’t much support/atmosphere for the reserves and seniors games

I don’t know much about the under 19s, one thing that stuck out to me was all the gisborne giants were in a huddle on the ground in front of me after the final siren , and there was a massive cheer, I didn’t hear exactly what was said but it was along the lines of , the biggest threat is knocked out and the cup is ours…

Diggers way to good in the reserves , I think they’ll beat romsey comfortably

Wallan just a class above and should give riddell a fair run , if Macedon keep all there players for the next 5 years I think there will be a few flags to come for them
Was mentioned post game in the Kyneton coach speech, your comment about the Gisborne Giants is 100% spot on.

Would be interesting if Kyneton added there best 6 under 23s into yesterday side, next week if they would be so arrogant.

Surely they cannot be that delusional, and know this will go down as the biggest Astric * premiership win in league history if they do happen to win next week.

Was mentioned post game in the Kyneton coach speech, your comment about the Gisborne Giants is 100% spot on.

Would be interesting if Kyneton added there best 6 under 23s into yesterday side, next week if they would be so arrogant.

Surely they cannot be that delusional, and know this will go down as the biggest Astric * premiership win in league history if they do happen to win next week.
FreshFM
Can you elaborate on what you mean by adding the best 6 under 23 into the side yesterday.
Is that a rule that i and maybe others are not aware of.
Well done to all the teams that made the GF

FreshFM
Can you elaborate on what you mean by adding the best 6 under 23 into the side yesterday.
Is that a rule that i and maybe others are not aware of.
Well done to all the teams that made the GF
Apologies I mean next week so they have the same luxury as Gisborne Giants

Giants have 10 22/23 year olds - 6 of which can play in next weeks Grand Final, and from what I’m hearing there carrying on like this will be the greatest premiership win in history.

In a way wish Macedon won yesterday, dropped there 8 back from the senior side, and beat them by 15 goals next week!

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back