RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Riddell's win against Romsey has made the last two rounds very interesting, with a three-way tie for second place on the ladder and a two-way tie for fifth.
Wallan are safe to retain the double chance. They only need to beat either Lancefield or Kyneton in the last 2 games. They have a decisive percentage advantage over the 3rd and 4th teams. Romsey and Diggers play each other this week. The loser will most likely finish 4th.

Wallan are safe to retain the double chance. They only need to beat either Lancefield or Kyneton in the last 2 games. They have a decisive percentage advantage over the 3rd and 4th teams. Romsey and Diggers play each other this week. The loser will most likely finish 4th.

My post earlier in the week seems right. Kyneton and Macedon should win next week which will bring it down to the last round games K v Wallan and M v Romsey.

Assume your reffering to Macedon not playing by the rules yesterday in the 19.5s

Shocked that they would do anything dodgy unless it involves a Toyota Corolla

Yet today, they had 22 but made it a 16 v 16 game cause they wanted some senior guys to sit just sit on the bench so they could qualify them for finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My post earlier in the week seems right. Kyneton and Macedon should win next week which will bring it down to the last round games K v Wallan and M v Romsey.
Makes for an exciting couple of weeks, with plenty on the line for 5 teams. Further to my earlier post, if Romsey and Diggers drew next week, and Wallan lose their final game to Kyneton, then it is conceivable that Wallan could drop to fourth. Long odds of that happening though. 😀

Makes for an exciting couple of weeks, with plenty on the line for 5 teams. Further to my earlier post, if Romsey and Diggers drew next week, and Wallan lose their final game to Kyneton, then it is conceivable that Wallan could drop to fourth. Long odds of that happening though. 😀

I thought Melton actually started really well, but fell down on that last pass or kick just too many times.

Good win for Wallan who really are starting to click.

Up the bloody Pies too mate. :)

isn’t your u19s but play 20/21yo anyway set up a 16 a side comp. I’m sure that was mentioned some time ago. as for qualifying players every club everywhere does it so whats the surprise.

isn’t your u19s but play 20/21yo anyway set up a 16 a side comp. I’m sure that was mentioned some time ago. as for qualifying players every club everywhere does it so whats the surprise.

No dramas with teams trying to qualify players.

The issue is, that Macedon are happy to play 16 a side only when it suits them from the sound of things.

No dramas with teams trying to qualify players.

The issue is, that Macedon are happy to play 16 a side only when it suits them from the sound of things.

apologies I was of the belief your comp was a 16 on the field comp for 3rds

They way they sooked when we wanted to play 16. Poor very poor

apologies I was of the belief your comp was a 16 on the field comp for 3rds
The under 19.5s is 16 a side unless both clubs agree to play with 18.
Macedon take the field with 18 players, without consulting with opposition club, then sook when the rules are pointed out. Apparently yesterday they wanted to play with 16. Having 6 on the bench So they could qualify players.

Last edited:
Being elevated to premier league status just means the struggling clubs will not be able to pay big recruits from other leagues. Clubs that are allegedly flaunting the current salary cap will continue, un-policed by the league. Creative accounting is a fine art.

The under 19.5s is 16 a side unless both clubs agree to play with 18.
Macedon take the field with 18 players, without consulting with opposition club, then sook when the rules are pointed out. Apparently yesterday they wanted to play with 16. Having 6 on the bench So they could qualify players.
They do typically dislike playing 16 v 16 especially against the lower teams on the big deck at Macedon as they can't run up the score as much.

Oh sorry I didn’t realise the league was run to suit whatever one side happens like on a particular day.
if the book says 16 on the ground then wouldnt the team managers or coaches confirm pre game about numbers and then if its to remain at staus quo or go to 18 v 18 and then extend the message to umpires.
sounds a bit like the blind leading the blind if thats not what actually takes place just be adults about it and speak to each other like the world once did

if the book says 16 on the ground then wouldnt the team managers or coaches confirm pre game about numbers and then if its to remain at staus quo or go to 18 v 18 and then extend the message to umpires.
sounds a bit like the blind leading the blind if thats not what actually takes place just be adults about it and speak to each other like the world once did
It's usually accepted that it is 18 v 18. Only occasionally 16 is played. On Saturday Macedon wanted to play 16 a side but had 21 listed on the team sheet. That is ridiculous. If they only had 16 players, it should only have been those on the team sheet. Seems to me like trying to qualify players for finals. The umpires usually make the ruling prior to game commencement.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back