RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

this should clear it up

U/19.5 Match Conditions:
1. The U/19.5 competition shall be a 16 player per side competition with up to six (6) players on the interchange bench. If numbers of both teams are sufficient, and both competing clubs agree each team may have up to 18 players on the playing surface at any time with up to four (4) players on the interchange

if the book says 16 on the ground then wouldnt the team managers or coaches confirm pre game about numbers and then if its to remain at staus quo or go to 18 v 18 and then extend the message to umpires.
sounds a bit like the blind leading the blind if thats not what actually takes place just be adults about it and speak to each other like the world once did
The point is Macedon don’t consult.
They start games with 18 then complain when opposition clubs advise them of the rule.

Next question. Did Macedon have 22 players suited up and ready to play.

Yep, all there players were there.

One player spent the majority of the game on the bbq. Good on him for helping out the club though.

I think we have lost the point of why this conversation was originally started.

I got no problems with what Macedon did on the weekend. I had a senior player play also to qualify but I was still happy to play 18 v 18 cause both sides had 22 on the team sheet.

The point of the conversation was that earlier on in the year when teams like Lancefield & Romsey were legitimately short on players and asked to play 16 on 16 Macedon caused an uproar & sooked it up.

But this week, cause it suited them to play 16 v 16 they were all happy to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They need to be ready to play for the entire match.
Also hope they haven’t played more than nine games in the seniors or reserves

The 9 game rule in seniors & reserves is different for 19s.

As long as they have played 4 games in the 19s, they can play as many games as they want in seniors and Ressies.

The 9 game rule in seniors & reserves has changed Morgs.

As long as they have played 4 games in the 19s, they can play as many games as they want in seniors and Ressies.

Oh.
I’ll have to get the new rule book.

well no wonder your all scraping to qualify players then. can play all year in seniors then if that team drops out you can go back and take the place of guys who have doen the work to get the team there. some strange rules in the rdfl.
im with morgs i thought that there was a point where too many senior games meant you couldnt go down.

I see Macedon is having a go at another raffle (astounding that they are after the car raffle fiasco a few years ago)

Travel vouchers this time - good luck to the winners. Let’s pre-determine that the winners don’t want to be announced so we can conceal the prize and pocket the profit

Bloody disgraceful and got away with it Scott free

well no wonder your all scraping to qualify players then. can play all year in seniors then if that team drops out you can go back and take the place of guys who have doen the work to get the team there. some strange rules in the rdfl.
im with morgs i thought that there was a point where too many senior games meant you couldnt go down.
Iceman is right rule changed this year I believe.

Iceman is right rule changed this year I believe.
stupid rule then. play more than half the games in the seniors if your judged good enough but then slot back into thirds for a final. different in juniors say u15 u16 etc if clubs are shuffling to fill squads but not at open age level.

perhaps the c;lubs and impacted adults and coaches need to reword the above bylaw to something like 16 v 16 unless a club has 21-22 suited up, game then reverts to an 18 v 18 game. too much grey by using a word like "may" as we all know how many adults like to use grey when it suits.

unless all this is also about points reductions for the following year. does a certain number of 3rds games in ridell league mean dropping a ppint like with 5 or 6 games in the ones or twos

stupid rule then. play more than half the games in the seniors if your judged good enough but then slot back into thirds for a final. different in juniors say u15 u16 etc if clubs are shuffling to fill squads but not at open age level.

perhaps the c;lubs and impacted adults and coaches need to reword the above bylaw to something like 16 v 16 unless a club has 21-22 suited up, game then reverts to an 18 v 18 game. too much grey by using a word like "may" as we all know how many adults like to use grey when it suits.

unless all this is also about points reductions for the following year. does a certain number of 3rds games in ridell league mean dropping a ppint like with 5 or 6 games in the ones or twos

AFL vic rules state that it’s only ‘senior’ (open age) games that count as a point reduction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day it is an underage competition. The only two criteria should be do they qualify on age and have they played four games to qualify. Why penalise a kid for being to good and the kids mates who may never play with their mate again. Particularly if that player ends up playing AFL.

Stupid alright. U19 kid can play all season in the ones. Gets put onto the team sheet 4 times for U19. Senior team misses finals and the kid plays U19 finals having never played a game during the season.

Whats the rule with Calder kids coming back for finals once their season has finished. Do they need 4 games to qualify also??

Stupid alright. U19 kid can play all season in the ones. Gets put onto the team sheet 4 times for U19. Senior team misses finals and the kid plays U19 finals having never played a game during the season.

Whats the rule with Calder kids coming back for finals once their season has finished. Do they need 4 games to qualify also??
Should be the same as the seniors/reserves qualification. Could be worse, saw an interview from the Strathmore 18.5 coach saying they had 9 players to come into their team (school football, Calder and seniors). They are on top undefeated with a % of 600 and beat 3rd by 110 points last weekend.

Should be the same as the seniors/reserves qualification. Could be worse, saw an interview from the Strathmore 18.5 coach saying they had 9 players to come into their team (school football, Calder and seniors). They are on top undefeated with a % of 600 and beat 3rd by 110 points last weekend.
well aware of the situaion unfortunately as theres a much interest in that comp as our senior one right now.

Regarding seniors does Melton South and Centrals for that matter actually connect with the league. Feel like Trentham, Kilmore or Broadford have more in common with the current teams
the bizare reading on the bednigo league page has broadford linked there. did anyone from there contact your league about a possible return. seems strange if they havent. whatever the rdfl clubs decide is up to them but surely a call was made before this bendigo thing was an option.
anything that allows for an uncompromisd fixture is a win for all. 9 or 10 or 11 team comp works

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back