RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

i think most peple in your comp are desperate for a new team to win it. rupertwood and macedon look the only teams outside of riddel and diggers in recent times so hopefully it can be wallan or someone else for interest sake.

Crucial win for Diggers. Means Romsey probably lose that home ground advantage in week 1. Hard for Kyneton to make finals now.

One of those days out at Wallan where you just take the win and move on.

Gilchrist (B) continues to impress and I thought Byrne was very good too. Bellino excellent in the one on one contests.

Crucial win for Diggers. Means Romsey probably lose that home ground advantage in week 1. Hard for Kyneton to make finals now.

One of those days out at Wallan where you just take the win and move on.

Gilchrist (B) continues to impress and I thought Byrne was very good too. Bellino excellent in the one on one contests.
I hear that Carlisle was red carded today?

Not having a good day if Lancefield boys can get you upset 😢😢

Here lies the trouble with people who weren't there, don't watch any games in the league and just write silly stuff.

Lancefield actually played very well and have been for the last few weeks. Wallan the 1st team to put 100 on them. They went out with a clear tactic and it worked pretty well, well up to a point anyway. Ultimately the goal is to win a game of footy and they didn't. What they do have though, is the makings of a pretty good side. Young, they move the ball well and really just lack those last 3-5 players which will have you challenging for finals. I saw that in Melton C last week too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s what I saw. One player was at him the whole time.

Shit comment by you...The guy that was "into him" all day was playing twos most of the year and simply just played well on him. Carlisle is a former AFL player who puts his hand out for massive cash and should be a lot better than he was today. If you did watch it, like you said, you would have seen the grub line up at least 3 teenagers at stoppages on top of being sent off for belting a 2s player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit comment by you...The guy that was "into him" all day was playing twos most of the year and simply just played well on him.

10 senior games, 11 if you count next week, and he clearly did his job.

Carlisle is a former AFL player who puts his hand out for massive cash and should be a lot better than he was today.

No wonder we can't attract a few more.

If you did watch it, like you said, you would have seen the grub line up at least 3 teenagers at stoppages on top of being sent off for belting a 2s player.

Again, 10 senior games, so far from being a twos player. Every team has teenagers in them.

all leagues experience the post afl players. aaron james copped a lot got sucked in when at douttas and everywhere else but won his fare share of things along the way. fevola up around yarawonga from the few looks just lapped it up and didnt fall in guess its all about the mindset and or the support around the player.. i doubt wallan are worried about a little red card its all about winning it and perhaps getting jake when they did for the cash they had left in the cap might just be the finl peace in the puzzle

I hear that Carlisle was red carded today?
He got sent off at qtr time with a yellow after I believe getting reported by goal umoire for striking early/middle of first qtr.
I didnt see a decent whack from him just lots of jumper punches.
Got sent off in third for an incident I didn’t see, and didn’t come back. but he had been lining up teenagers for the 5 minutes before that,
Surprisingly he only lined up the teenagers.

Last edited:
10 senior games, 11 if you count next week, and he clearly did his job.

No wonder we can't attract a few more.
The stories I heard after the game not many Wallan players want more Ex AFL blokes if they behave in the same way.
Again, 10 senior games, so far from being a twos player. Every team has teenagers in them.
So ok to belt him if he has played 10 games, if played all year what’s permissible then? Eye gouging, kicking?

Last edited:
The stories I heard after the game not many Wallan players want more Ex AFL blokes if they behave in the same way.

News to me as I don’t usually hang around.
So ok to belt him in he has played 10 games, if played all year what’s permissible then? Eye gouging, kicking?

Please. He got it back after dishing it out but some people only want to protect the teenagers and “twos” LoL

Maybe he won’t keep grabbing players in the future or maybe he will thinking they’ll just accept it.

If you step foot onto a footy field at senior level don’t start sooking up because they’re in their teens. I certainly didn’t when my boy did and your kids looked more than capable to handle it.

doubt not many lance field guys be it the teen’s or a 10-11 career game veteran would win a jumper punch off with the size and reach disparity anyway.

crap look whoever instigates that rot just put your head over it when you have to and save the energy.
Have heard the real locals not the now one pointers are getting rest less though so hopefully wallan win it to avoid a few posible 2025 departures

News to me as I don’t usually hang around.

Please. He got it back after dishing it out but some people only want to protect the teenagers and “twos” LoL
Maybe he won’t keep grabbing players in the future or maybe he will thinking they’ll just accept it.

If you step foot onto a footy field at senior level don’t start sooking up because they’re in their teens. I certainly didn’t when my boy did and your kids looked more than capable to handle it.

I agree step foot on the football accept what comes within the rules.

Only one bloke got reported and he got reported at least twice.

You are the one that said …

“News travels fast. Yes he was. Targeted all day and finally cracked.”

Carlisle got reported in the first 10 minutes. Missed most of the second quarter red carded half through the third quarter.
Did not take him long to crack….
The goal umpire was watching them both closely in the first quarter and only one bloke got reported.

So what did he really have to put up with all day. ???

Last edited:
Standard Jake stuff. He again showed the other finals teams how easy it is to throw him off his game.

Are you saying he should just take it? The tactic seemed pretty obvious to me, so maybe the best bet would’ve been to move him.

As I also said before, only one bloke left the ground from a punch and he didn’t play for Lancefield.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back