RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

imagine a red card in a final to a critical key player whos then cleared but his her team eliminated in a close one.
least for jake he qualifies for a full match payment with deduction given he wasnt at fault.

Happened to Riddells Jimmy Nolan and Dylan Tarczon in a grand final against Diggers a few years back, maybe 2018? Both were later cleared at the tribunal

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

imagine a red card in a final to a critical key player whos then cleared but his her team eliminated in a close one.
least for jake he qualifies for a full match payment with deduction given he wasnt at fault.
Was brought in after the lavy wodonga ovens and murray grand final. Where the footy was second to the fisty cuffs. Look it up on YouTube, think a doco was even done on the game

Was at the game unbelievable was full on the players were spent at quarter time

My year 10 teacher was one of the field umpires. They were told "there might be some niggle" before the match ... that was a slight understatement.

He had to make two or three trips to Albury for tribunals. He'd leave our school after a full day's work and drive to Albury for the tribunal and was there until all hours hearing all the cases. Then he'd drive straight back to Melbourne and after bugger all sleep would be back at school, teaching us little buggers the next morning.

Jamie Lobb calling it a day as coach at Diggers

no Jensen. maybe the talk of him being at a RDFL rival in 2025 is true. not an ideal apointment in a selfish douttas sense as geting a couple back would be nice but one im sure will be good for digers as they never seem to miss the mark.

They’ve named Shaun Campbell coach for 2025.

Last edited:
no Jensen. maybe the talk of him being at a RDFL rival in 2025 is true. not an ideal apointment in a selfish douttas sense as geting a couple back would be nice but one im sure will be good for digers as they never seem to miss the mark.
Great appointment of Shaun as coach. Excellent leader.

Rumours out that Jensen heading to new side Gisbourne Giants in a coaching role. Co coach maybe??? Makes sense as they did appoint a coach with limited coaching experience so in a dual role might work. Heard big offer!

Great appointment of Shaun as coach. Excellent leader.

Rumours out that Jensen heading to new side Gisbourne Giants in a coaching role. Co coach maybe??? Makes sense as they did appoint a coach with limited coaching experience so in a dual role might work. Heard big offer!
Campbell is a brilliant appointment. Are the Jensen rumours actually true ? He is back playing, and his close mates Calvaresi/Day are still there. It might be that he just didn’t want the job ? It’s such a huge task to take on he might have got scared off taking on senior assistant role this season.
I understand it also could be the fact that Diggers realised Campbell was too good a candidate to pass up and Jenson has the sours ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travelled down the Calder to the Kyneton Showgrounds today hoping to be heading home in a new car and caravan with there raffle. Credit to all involved, gee they do it well.

unfortunately looks like I’ll have to go again next year.

On the field, not a bad of footy in soggy conditions, thought Kyneton had a crack with what they had on the field.
Apparently 11 are eligible to back to the reserves next week for there elimination final , which shows how depleted they are with injury, further soured with an ambulance being called for there gun mid season recruit Josh Smith.

I know Carlisle has copped a bit on this forum the past month but I thought his attitude was very good today, and was constantly engaging with his Kyneton defenders in a friendly way.

Young Reuben Rhode a gun for Wallan.
Credit also to Wallen looked like every player headed into the social rooms post game. Rumour has it a few had brought raffle tickets during the day which is a credit to them

Overall a great day at the Showgrounds with a huge crowd

Travelled down the Calder to the Kyneton Showgrounds today hoping to be heading home in a new car and caravan with there raffle. Credit to all involved, gee they do it well.

unfortunately looks like I’ll have to go again next year.

On the field, not a bad of footy in soggy conditions, thought Kyneton had a crack with what they had on the field.
Apparently 11 are eligible to back to the reserves next week for there elimination final , which shows how depleted they are with injury, further soured with an ambulance being called for there gun mid season recruit Josh Smith.

I know Carlisle has copped a bit on this forum the past month but I thought his attitude was very good today, and was constantly engaging with his Kyneton defenders in a friendly way.

Young Reuben Rhode a gun for Wallan.
Credit also to Wallen looked like every player headed into the social rooms post game. Rumour has it a few had brought raffle tickets during the day which is a credit to them

Overall a great day at the Showgrounds with a huge crowd
I went as well, for the same reasons. I’ll win the car next year I hope.
After watching Wallan today, unable to put away what looked like a Kyneton 2’s team, and with Diggers getting beat, the engraver can safely put Riddell’s name in the trophy, only thing that can stop them now is the auditor.

I can't say I went to win the car, but a nice afternoon all the same if a bit nippy. Ground reminded me of Clarke Oval in size, just probably not as long. Rain is a great leveller and that's the way it looked most of the day.

Agree on Carlisle and that's the sort of leadership needed from a player like that. His subtle touches were very good too. Morris and Boyall only played half a game and both look primed for finals.

Thought Byrne and Port were fantastic, and Pretty a handful for Kyneton. The young blokes in the stand were great giving their club terrific support.

A very cold, but a very enjoyable day.

Campbell is a brilliant appointment. Are the Jensen rumours actually true ? He is back playing, and his close mates Calvaresi/Day are still there. It might be that he just didn’t want the job ? It’s such a huge task to take on he might have got scared off taking on senior assistant role this season.
I understand it also could be the fact that Diggers realised Campbell was too good a candidate to pass up and Jenson has the sours ?
jensen rumours? we'd heard melton centrals but above mentoins gisborne giants but if coaching was a thing why not take over a strong list that he is already co coahc of. maybe coaching one out just isnt of total interest right now as you suggets gremlin.
is it true justin shermen told romsey players saturday afternon he wont be there next season. strange timing if so.

Last edited:
jensen rumours? we'd heard melton centrals but above mentoins gisborne giants but if coaching was a thing why not take over a strong list that he is already co coahc of. maybe coaching one out just isnt of total interest right now as you suggets gremlin.
is it true justin shermen told romsey players saturday afternon he wont be there next season. strange timing if so.
If Sherman is gone I hope Romsey have resigned all there better players as he will be calling them or already spoken to a few.. Watch this space..

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back