RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

nice fit for everyone you’d reckon, south stop getting flogged every single week, RDFNL get a club that should be reasonably competitive and probably motivates the BFNL to go hard to bring Gisborne across reigniting the Sunbury rivalry

nice fit for everyone you’d reckon, south stop getting flogged every single week, RDFNL get a club that should be reasonably competitive and probably motivates the BFNL to go hard to bring Gisborne across reigniting the Sunbury rivalry
reading along with the Bendigo FL page and if broadford land in there 4th comp in 15years it may play right into the balarat fl hands regarding gisborne

Gisborne into the BFL is an exciting proposition firstly because of the strong rivalries they once had with Melton and Sunbury in the old days. Secondly, due to the fact most of the blokes playing senior footy at those clubs grew up playing against each other in grand finals and with each other in interleague. You would think it is in the best interest of all clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gisborne into the BFL is an exciting proposition firstly because of the strong rivalries they once had with Melton and Sunbury in the old days. Secondly, due to the fact most of the blokes playing senior footy at those clubs grew up playing against each other in grand finals and with each other in interleague. You would think it is in the best interest of all clubs.
Nigh on 25 years since Gisborne joined the Bendigo League. Don’t think the current playing group would have any experience or memory of playing against the likes of Sunbury, Darley and Melton.

Doubt if a yearning to revive that long past rivalry would be a strong consideration in any decision. Plus, they seem pretty settled and happy where they are.

Nigh on 25 years since Gisborne joined the Bendigo League. Don’t think the current playing group would have any experience or memory of playing against the likes of Sunbury, Darley and Melton.

Doubt if a yearning to revive that long past rivalry would be a strong consideration in any decision. Plus they seem pretty settled and happy where they are.

To balance this one out..

A lot of these players, particularly the locals, would have exactly that, given the RDJFNL competition, they grew up playing against those sides, particularly in the A grade competition (outside of Darley) and they were generally the biggest rivals, even to this day.

I don't know about many of you, but junior rivalries that are developed are never forgotten, even at the end of long careers.

Sunbury, Gisborne and Melton have developed a very long top level rivalry through the junior competition and many of the players that these kids played against in junior football would still be playing now for those clubs.

Gisborne would go pretty well in the Ballarat league.
I reckon they'd be too powerful in the Riddell.
I think with the way things are now it can be $$. In the BFNL you need around 150–180k to recruit & compete whereas in the Riddell it’s probably more 100-140k.
Yeah I know the salary cap in BFNL is going to 125k and the Riddell is 95k but let’s be honest majority of clubs, or those competing for finals pay more.
So some clubs are exhausted raising funds and volunteers are getting worn out. Businesses are not flourishing like 5-10 years ago. And now Gisborne have competition in the Giants in the area. Interesting one..

To balance this one out..

A lot of these players, particularly the locals, would have exactly that, given the RDJFNL competition, they grew up playing against those sides, particularly in the A grade competition (outside of Darley) and they were generally the biggest rivals, even to this day.

I don't know about many of you, but junior rivalries that are developed are never forgotten, even at the end of long careers.

Sunbury, Gisborne and Melton have developed a very long top level rivalry through the junior competition and many of the players that these kids played against in junior football would still be playing now for those clubs.
Yep spot on, Stax missed my point. Considering Melton, Sunbury and Gizzy ran out with 20, 18 and 16, 1 point players respectively last week you would think alot of those blokes have crossed paths in junior footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back