RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Diggers absolutely slaughtered by the boys in Green today!

Umpiring has generally been very good this year, but they have decided the result here 100%.
Totally disagree. As a neutral I thought the umpires generally did a pretty reasonable job. Diggers seemed to get the rub of the green early on, but that’s because they were first to the ball and making the play. 28 points up halfway through the 3rd, and were to kick with a 2 goal wind in the last, it looked like Diggers would win by 7-8 goals.

However to their credit Wallan fought back and ran right over the top of them, aided by some very undisciplined play by Diggers, resulting in multiple 50 metre penalties, including some doubles. Stewart was a huge influence up forward, kicking 4 goals. I thought Diggers ran out of legs, and it was a very gutsy and meritorious win by Wallan.

Umpiring has generally been very good this year, but they have decided the result here 100%.

This post is about as accurate as ya post earlier on in the year saying that Wallan wouldn’t get within 10 goals of diggers come finals and ya post about Chris Stewart going back to Deer Park.

Credit has to go to the Wallan coaching staff with positional changes at 1/2 time.

Mahoney dominated in the ruck 2nd half and Stewart well on top at FF.

Carlisle to CHB and nothing got passed him.

Big test for us next week V Riddell and no doubt we will need to play better then today but to say the umps won the game today for Wallan proves you are a clown mate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Totally disagree. As a neutral I thought the umpires generally did a pretty reasonable job. Diggers seemed to get the rub of the green early on, but that’s because they were first to the ball and making the play. 28 points up halfway through the 3rd, and were to kick with a 2 goal wind in the last, it looked like Diggers would win by 7-8 goals.

However to their credit Wallan fought back and ran right over the top of them, aided by some very undisciplined play by Diggers, resulting in multiple 50 metre penalties, including some doubles. Stewart was a huge influence up forward, kicking 4 goals. I thought Diggers ran out of legs, and it was a very gutsy and meritorious win by Wallan.
This post is about as accurate as ya post earlier on in the year saying that Wallan wouldn’t get within 10 goals of diggers come finals and ya post about Chris Stewart going back to Deer Park.

Credit has to go to the Wallan coaching staff with positional changes at 1/2 time.

Mahoney dominated in the ruck 2nd half and Stewart well on top at FF.

Carlisle to CHB and nothing got passed him.

Big test for us next week V Riddell and no doubt we will need to play better then today but to say the umps won the game today for Wallan proves you are a clown mate.

Brilliant summary guys.

I'd throw in Boyall and the incredibly gutsy Riley Gilchrist into the mix too. Both were great IMO.

If you want to see an absolute slaughter go watch a video on macedon’s Facebook page trying to thank a sponsor , worse than any umpiring yesterday !
diggers have completely fallen away the last part of the year when it matters , hearing a lot of in fighting going on

If you want to see an absolute slaughter go watch a video on macedon’s Facebook page trying to thank a sponsor , worse than any umpiring yesterday !
diggers have completely fallen away the last part of the year when it matters , hearing a lot of in fighting going on
I have heard some of their players could be moving on at the years end. Strathmore and Sunbury Kangas are after a couple of notable names.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

if you want to see an absolute slaughter watch the cats first 5 mins of the last v redbacks today, did not see that comin after the lightning break…

Hoyne best by the length of the Flemington straight and the young kids were good to

Blair didn’t stop all day
Absolutely spot on. Hoyne looked a class above anyone out there.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see Macedon knock off Diggers next week with no Jensan or Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macedon by 4 goals. Anyone get to Diggers?

went a game there earlier in season. surface looked really good that day but the wind was significant. these shire builds arent always practical when it comes to spectator provisions in poor weather. all well and good to upgrade but clubs should never lose out. if sheltered area was part of the previous then replacement or similar isnt hard toe expetc.

And was sent off by 2 umpires and been offered an automatic suspension…….

Obviously club will fight to get him off, but right now you will think it’s highly likely he’s not playing
Heard Day just retaliated and the umpire seen him only. Was told not a lot in it. Anyone have a view?

Is Jensen off to Gisbourne Giants? Am I on the money??

Heard Day just retaliated and the umpire seen him only. Was told not a lot in it. Anyone have a view?

Is Jensen off to Gisbourne Giants? Am I on the money??
I’ve heard he was in discussions with another team about 5 minutes up the road from Gisborne, but well and truly priced himself out of that being an option.

Off subject

Who would be a better team atm

Melton south or Melton Centrals
Probably Centrals but not by much. There is a fair old gap in standard between RDFL & BFL so i think it's a bit tricky to judge the two. When South enter I don't think it will take them long to get going. Centrals seems to be a sinking ship...

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back