RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I actually criticised centrals in any way but you made it out I did. But what do you know!!
Also I think Melton have capacity for 3 teams but maybe being in 3 different leagues at different levels gives a point of difference. At present it’s rated
#1 Melton Bloods “obviously”
#2 Melton South - only just, but playing a higher league gives them 2nd position!! As well as the history of South..
#3 Melton Centrals

Not being funny turbo but what’s the history of South mean in terms of them rated above centrals? 1 senior flag in their history and years and years of smashings in Ballarat. Wouldn’t have thought a history like that would be highly rated

Not being funny turbo but what’s the history of South mean in terms of them rated above centrals? 1 senior flag in their history and years and years of smashings in Ballarat. Wouldn’t have thought a history like that would be highly rated
Just mean more years of the club going and they were reasonably strong back in the day. Still recall the old pre season night comp there. Great times.
But I guess my comments are kind of irrelevant really. 😄

Just mean more years of the club going and they were reasonably strong back in the day. Still recall the old pre season night comp there. Great times.
But I guess my comments are kind of irrelevant really. 😄
The old night comp was excellent back in the day. It’d be great if another one was started.

good luck to you all out there. hope the weather is better than the hail and snow I saw out that way. just looked at early scores before heading to coburg and kyneton up in the 3rds. would be some result if it ends up given all thats been said around the giants squad.

for the sake of playing along I will go with Romsey by 8 then Riddell by

Anyone having issues with the streaming for the seniors GF? Have to keep refreshing every 5 mins as the stream ends. Bloody annoying after paying to watch it. Good quality otherwise

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nope, refuse to Pay to watch a stream of the RDFL, watching the EDFL Premier game for free. No issues with the stream or commentary either.

Nope, refuse to Pay to watch a stream of the RDFL, watching the EDFL Premier game for free. No issues with the stream or commentary either.
It's working fine on my ipad but the TV it's not working properly. The EDFL streams are ordinary at the best of times too but they're for free so it doesn't matter I guess lol

Matt Panucchio having a great game. Wallan just need to tidy up the skills and lower their eyes when kicking. Should be a great last quarter

Great win by Riddell in the end, bloody good team. Wallan have a good future a head especially with young guns like Rode Gilchrist and even Gill. Bellino was okay kicking a few but needs to be alot more mobile.

Last edited:
Matt Panucchio having a great game. Wallan just need to tidy up the skills and lower their eyes when kicking. Should be a great last quarter

Great win by Riddell in the end, bloody good team. Wallan have a good future a head especially with young guns like Rode Gilchrist and even Gill. Bellino was okay kicking a few but needs to be alot more mobile.

With that list that Riddell have the flag was always gonna be theirs, anything less would have been a fail. Some very good players in that list, the boys from Rupo at Riddell once again triumphant over the Wallan Lads in the big one.

It was a really good contest and Wallan gave their all, but Riddell just had too much class across the ground.

A few observations:
  • Loved the aggression from Stewart, really toed the line a few times though and Riddell kept at him all day (particularly Pannuccio).
  • Dylan Tarczon is the most influential player in the competition, in my opinion, the best player in the competition.
  • Wallan let themselves down with their field kicking and the really poor turnovers were punished by Riddell. Also fumbled below the knees, Riddell simply cleaner when the ball was on the ground.
  • Carlisle clearly went into the game injured and was a liability for much of the game, when he did impact in the air, he turned the ball over. Disappointing outing.
  • Bellino has copped some flack on here since coming over, but he looked the most likely forward for Wallan to me (until the last quarter when Gill popped up early and looked really threatening).
  • Kudos to the umpires, they certainly didn't get everything right, but they were consistent and didn't get sucked in to overreacting to the niggle in the game, thought they did a really good job.
  • Overall, a really nice advertisement for the league, good quality, hard and tough country footy. Great job by both sides.

I did leave before the end of the game though, who won the medal? (It was Tarczon for mine at the time I left).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a really good contest and Wallan gave their all, but Riddell just had too much class across the ground.

A few observations:
  • Loved the aggression from Stewart, really toed the line a few times though and Riddell kept at him all day (particularly Pannuccio).
  • Dylan Tarczon is the most influential player in the competition, in my opinion, the best player in the competition.
  • Wallan let themselves down with their field kicking and the really poor turnovers were punished by Riddell. Also fumbled below the knees, Riddell simply cleaner when the ball was on the ground.
  • Carlisle clearly went into the game injured and was a liability for much of the game, when he did impact in the air, he turned the ball over. Disappointing outing.
  • Bellino has copped some flack on here since coming over, but he looked the most likely forward for Wallan to me (until the last quarter when Gill popped up early and looked really threatening).
  • Kudos to the umpires, they certainly didn't get everything right, but they were consistent and didn't get sucked in to overreacting to the niggle in the game, thought they did a really good job.
  • Overall, a really nice advertisement for the league, good quality, hard and tough country footy. Great job by both sides.

I did leave before the end of the game though, who won the medal? (It was Tarczon for mine at the time I left).

Alkemade from Riddell won the medal

Alkemade from Riddell won the medal

Not sure about that decision, but ok.

Congrats to Riddell, clearly the best team all year.

A few observations:

I did leave before the end of the game though, who won the medal? (It was Tarczon for mine at the time I left). Fair and accurate summation. Huge crowd. Would love to know how many attended. Haven’t seen that many at any EDFL Grand Final.
Fair and accurate summation. Huge crowd. Far more than I’ve experienced at any EDFL Grand Final. Any estimates of crowd size?

Great day at Romsey for the GF. Huge passionate and loud crowd, cold but sunny weather. Riddell lead all day and even though Wallan threatened, gave their all and never gave up, Riddell had all the answers. Great exhibition of AFL suburban footy. My last half game-day scenes will be on YouTube in about 3 days.

Did anyone see that Kyneton bus today parked out the front as you headed into the ground?

Surely they don’t have a bus of that size purely for themselves, if so that is very impressive.

Credit to both sides in the seniors today, thought it was a very high quality Grand Final in front of a massive crowd.

Will be interesting to see if both sides can keep the majority of there players for 2025.

Rumour also getting around Romsey today that Rupo have had some initial discussions with the league re coming back to RDFL.

At this rate every club will play each other once by 2028. Really becoming a destination league

Did anyone see that Kyneton bus today parked out the front as you headed into the ground?

Surely they don’t have a bus of that size purely for themselves, if so that is very impressive.

Credit to both sides in the seniors today, thought it was a very high quality Grand Final in front of a massive crowd.

Will be interesting to see if both sides can keep the majority of there players for 2025.

Rumour also getting around Romsey today that Rupo have had some initial discussions with the league re coming back to RDFL.

At this rate every club will play each other once by 2028. Really becoming a destination league

If 11 isnt it then 12 teams tops surely. already an unbalanced fixture now with 11 so 12 cros 18 rounds will be 7 double ups after laying every team once.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

A few observations:

Great summary mate.

Attended my first RDFL grand final today.

-Great atmosphere and lines for food moving pretty quickly. Canteen still had food post game ✅
-Lots of car parking and straight in without lining up. ✅
  • The ruck duel between Stewart and Grabham was great to watch. Neither did much around the ground though but went at each other all day. Not sure Stewart liked Grabham putting a knee into him even from behind. Lucky he didn’t wear a couple more. Stewart and Tarczon also going at it early was interesting.
  • Galea was up & about early and had 4 by half time I think. That set up the game. Carlise going onto in the 3rd was a great move. Kept him quite, so probably should have started on him as he was to clever for the Wallan defender early. Or you need to put an aggressive type on him.
  • Tarczon was great all game but he did give away a 50 early and Riddell were a touch undisciplined at time. I did notice that giving away a 50 the coach doesn’t take em off as punishment..
  • Wallan #15 going into the ruck was a good move I thought as Stewart was very sore at 1/2 time and clearly limping. He had no influence up forward as Wallan couldn’t get it deep in the last quarter. Bellino was ok but his just so unfit..
  • Carlise on the big $$ no doubt and didn’t give much especially in that 1st half. But Wallan have poor foot skills.
  • Riddell just to strong physically and were cleaner by foot. Won more clearances early and had no match up for Tarczon in the middle. Wallan maybe should have played Gilchrist on him early.
  • Wallans Matt Perri didn’t get near it other than kick that goal in the 3rd
  • I like Wallan 16 Gilchrist. His tough and runs straight and he and 15 really lifted in the 3rd.
  • Olgivie lifted in the last quarter also.
  • Riddell #13 was good all game as was #15 off half back.
  • I liked Wallans #9 Reubon Rode. His going to be a player..

It’s interesting to compare leagues but compared to edfl I think Riddell wouldn’t be top 4 in div1. Maybe between 5th - 7th I reckon.

A question for those better versed than me in these things. With a new entity, Gisborne Giants coming into the league, how are their player points calculated, and will they initially be given a higher point cap?
Yeah they will have to have a high points cap as they have limited access to 1 point local players. Not sure what it is though. If they spend what Riddell n Wallan must be spending maybe they’ll play with 120 points a week! 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

RDFNL 2024 Season discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back